Nice to see scumbag Izzo eat it

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Re: Nice to see scumbag Izzo eat it

remember this the next time you attack posters and bump up posts that didn't pan out.

TIA.

Post an example. Some comments are dumb no matter what happens later. Izzo as the best coach in the country wasn't a dumb opinion before today, and probably isn't even dumb after today. But his reputation took a hit in my eyes. His team was not prepared today and a second title would have cemented his legacy.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Seven final fours cement his legacy.

Too many examples of the former. Its hoops day, not getting into it.

El Chapo

Banned

Tom Izzo.
That sawed-off, Italian midget LOSER was in over his head.

That POS CHOKER has neither resigned nor killed himself. No pride.

Tom Izzo = The Cam Newton of basketball coaches.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Lots of people have said this was a historically shocking loss.

Come on, team was not prepared for anything MTSU threw at them.

El Chapo

Banned

Izzo stills walks on water in East Lansing.

Those sycophants will lick his ass even if he goes 0-30.

yisman

EOG Master

2010-2012 vs 2013-2015 is actually a wash. One NCAA tournament appearance, and the fact Groce led the 2013 team to the tournament without Meyers Leonard on basically the same roster otherwise makes Weber look bad. If 2013 made the tournament, and 2012 was that team + an NBA lottery pick... Not good for Weber. Anyway, the reason I'd give the slight edge to Groce on coaching is that Groce is recruiting better. The 2015 class is very good and will be mixing in with some other top classes.

The other consideration is that Groce took over a struggling program, while Weber took over an Illinois program that Self positioned great for the future... and fucked it up. Even Coach K's first 4 years at Duke were bad because Duke sucked when coach K took the job... so it might be too early to give up on Groce, but it was definitely not too early to give up on Weber.
The earlier accomplishments for Weber in his first years at Illinois are what set him aside from Groce.

Ignoring his successful years is part of a very stupid opinion.

Maybe it was time for Weber to go, but I'd be willing to wager Groce's end result at Illinois will not match Weber's, and that Groce will be fired within five years.

Good bump. In case you want to respect Javys opinion please keep in mind this thread.
He supposedly closely follow Illinois ball.....

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Good bump. In case you want to respect Javys opinion please keep in mind this thread.
He supposedly closely follow Illinois ball.....

nothing I said was crazy at the time

Weber hasn't had a top 25 team at KSU by the metrics

they got in b/c UMBC killed Virginia and Kentucky choked

As for respecting my opinion, I definitely know more than you. You should respect those smarter than you.