No gallery for Woods vs Lefty....

E$

EOG Dedicated
Overall, it was better than I thought it was gonna be, but it sucks that it came down to a Mickey Mouse 93 yard hole that’s not really even a hole.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Overall, it was better than I thought it was gonna be, but it sucks that it came down to a Mickey Mouse 93 yard hole that’s not really even a hole.

Agree, they should have had lights on the 18th hole like that battle of Sherwood that Tiger did against Sergio or Duval around 2000.

Kind of bush league to be playing a 93 yd hole when a hole like that doesn't exist (maybe Pebble 7th but that has huge wind implications).

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Enjoyed Joe's hole-by-hole reporting.

Thanks to the Bushay box I saw 98% of the action. From about the 3rd hole to 18th hole it was flawless, than the feeds went bad. I'll blame it on the Brits handing the Sky Sports feed.

The golf was average at best. I don't think either player made a putt longer than 8-10ft. Lot of close misses inside 10 ft.

Amazing that they get it for free, and Turner Network makes US/Canada pay the $19.99......it should have been free.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Maybe an earlier t time would have solved the bogus hole.

Agree, I thought they were starting at 11 am PST, and it was about 75 min later.

Tiger had a nice chip in on 17 for birdie from just off the green, when it looked like Mickelson could win the match 2 and 1.....so they went to 18 all square

READY FREDDY

A Wheelbarrow for my Balls
The side betting and trash talk were both less than I was expecting.

The best part for me was when Tiger has the tee on the third par three,.. 213 yards,.... Phil brings up the kp bet,.. Tiger jacks the bet up to 300k,... and then Tiger hits his shot close,... pressure is on Phil,... Phil steps up and hits it closer.

Thinking that was the last side bet of the match.

Tiger didn't want anymore of Phil on the par threes.

Phil seemed to push the side bets more than Tiger. Tiger seems like a tight gambler ,.... he like to raise the stakes and wants the best of it.

Really enjoyed watching the match,.. think both players gave 110 effort. Don't think I heard a curse word out of either golfer.

According to a friend of mine who works on the PGA tour this event was set up as a trial run for golf to figure out some things on how to get into the gambling market.

yisman

EOG Master
https://thegolfnewsnet.com/ryan_bal...nies-issuing-refunds-tiger-phil-match-111562/

Viewers who paid $20 to watch The Match pitting Tiger Woods vs. Phil Mickelson at Shadow Creek Golf Course in Las Vegas may be getting a refund.

Bleacher Report's BR Live, Spectrum and Comcast have all announced they'll be issuing refunds for the purchase price of the $9 million, winner-take-all match after Turner Sports chose to give away the golf match free through their online stream.

Scores of viewers who tried to order The Match through the BR Live platform reported having trouble even finding a place to pay for it. As the pre-match show gave way to the actual broadcast of the 18- (eventually, 22-) hole contest featuring Woods and Mickelson, viewers didn't face a paywall asking them to pony up the money.

Bleacher Report made the last-minute decision to give away The Match for free online after BR Live website and app users struggled to get through the purchase process because of an undisclosed issue. Rather than face backlash for their nascent service failing in its first big showcase opportunity, Turner Sports chose to eat the cost and make sure fans had a good streaming experience, which they did, for free.

After watching several holes for free, viewers realized they weren't going to have to pay and took to social media to express some mixture of confusion and gratitude. However, fans viewing the match after paying $20 were unhappy to learn they had paid up beforehand and wondered about a potential refund.

It's unclear if other TV providers, including DirecTV, will issue refunds. DirecTV is owned by AT&T, which just completed a merger with Time Warner, which includes Turner Sports and Bleacher Report.