Noooooo (NBA)

Heim

EOG Master
Please tell me the Lakers aren't serious about a Schroder, Kuzma, and Horton trade for Westbrook....

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Please tell me the Lakers aren't serious about a Schroder, Kuzma, and Horton trade for Westbrook....

No fucking way! Non-negotiable. Had they played him more, they'd still be playing, you take my point,

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
No fucking way! Non-negotiable. Had they played him more, they'd still be playing, you take my point,

You may have still slipped the noose, Houdini, but you would have lost 10Lbs of water weight sweating that shit out.

Heim

EOG Master
Naturally LeBron is behind this. What bothers me is he's mortgaging the franchise's future so
he can win one more. Great trade for HOU.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Naturally LeBron is behind this. What bothers me is he's mortgaging the franchise's future so
he can win one more. Great trade for HOU.

Kid Dyn-O-Mite is an LBJ guy; he discovered him and rumor is Lakers drafted him to placate LBJ.

Melo, feel free to join that shit show. Not sure how a CP3 deal could or would work. Guy can opt-in and get paid FORTY-FOUR MILLION DOLLARS for next season to be on a team he wanted to play for or he can opt-out and be stuck with whatever the Lakers can manage to pay him over 3 seasons. The Lakers have made it quietly clear they don't want to pay him that much plus the luxury tax that would go with it, and lose some assets to make the trade work, so they basically have to hope he opts out. I know the word is he was thinking about declining the option to negotiate something longer term, but I doubt he gets much over $60m for 3 years and that's probably going to be the most the Suns can offer. I don't see the Lakers even being able to match that amount. Probably the best move for all involved is negotiate a 2 year, $55m deal with the Suns and then retire after it.

boston massacre

EOG Master

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
You're preaching to the choir. I like him. He's a legit 20 point guy if he starts somewhere. Schroeder is gone regardless, Kuzma too, unfortunately who do the Lakers have besides Horton that's cheap (contract) and anybody wants?

Moreover, I'm not convinced Vogel is enamored with him (Horton).

Vogel possibly cost us that series (w/out AD, it was uphill, anyway).

I yelled from the Rooftops to play the kid, ecspecially before the pivotal game 5. What happened? He got 16 minutes and in that time he scored as many points as all the other 4 Non-LeBron Starters.... COMBINED!

So when I tell you Becky and I would have taken that series what I mean is, Becky and I would have taken that Series. I don't know this for a fact, but I believe it.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Melo, feel free to join that shit show. Not sure how a CP3 deal could or would work. Guy can opt-in and get paid FORTY-FOUR MILLION DOLLARS for next season to be on a team he wanted to play for or he can opt-out and be stuck with whatever the Lakers can manage to pay him over 3 seasons. The Lakers have made it quietly clear they don't want to pay him that much plus the luxury tax that would go with it, and lose some assets to make the trade work, so they basically have to hope he opts out. I know the word is he was thinking about declining the option to negotiate something longer term, but I doubt he gets much over $60m for 3 years and that's probably going to be the most the Suns can offer. I don't see the Lakers even being able to match that amount. Probably the best move for all involved is negotiate a 2 year, $55m deal with the Suns and then retire after it.

Fuck, No!

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Going to Lakers would give Paul higher probability to win a ring but he ain't leaving that Phoenix money.

I had no idea this was even a possibility and I wouldn't be so sure that he ain't leaving that Sol Diablo Suns $. He just had his best shot at a Chip, this year. The planets basically aligned for them but it wasn't meant to be.

He ain't beating a healthy 3 Amigos next year, much less a healthy UniBron if he can't beat Mil this year; that's just simple math. He must know this so we'll see how much winning really means to him.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

railbird

EOG Master
paul and lebron both too old, davis too injiury prone, especially with uptempo. his feet are worse than bill walton

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
paul and lebron both too old, davis too injiury prone, especially with uptempo. his feet are worse than bill walton

Injuries aside, no one is beating that team. Hell, UniBron would have committed a Triple Homicide this year had the rightful Finals Contenders been in the fight.

The Sol Diablo Suns and Mil did nothing wrong but this was the JV Finals, sorry, it was,

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JV Finals, haha.

Paul was too old, Booker and especially Ayton too young.

Antetokounmpo, Middleton and Holiday all in their physical prime.

Heim

EOG Master
Giannis post-game:

“It’s easy to go somewhere and go win a championship with somebody else. It’s easy… I could go to a super team and just do my part and win a championship.

“But this is the hard way to do it and this is the way to do it and we did it, f****** did it. We did it, man.”

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
From a momentum standpoint, the 2021 NBA Finals reminded me of the Mavs-Heat showdown in 2011.

Miami up 2 games to one and ahead by nine points in the fourth quarter of Game 4 and unfortunately for the Heat, it was all Dallas after that.

Miami had no answer when Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry hit their stride.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
As much as I hate CP3... he hasn't lost much in his 30s. OTOH, Lebron... well...

I also dislike CP3's on-court demeanor, but I do admire his competitive fire.

Television doesn't capture how short Paul really is.

Quite the handicap on the defensive end now that he's lost some of his speed and quickness.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Giannis post-game:

“It’s easy to go somewhere and go win a championship with somebody else. It’s easy… I could go to a super team and just do my part and win a championship.

“But this is the hard way to do it and this is the way to do it and we did it, f****** did it. We did it, man.”
He did it because he got lucky as fuck Not his fault and I like Giannis, he admits LBJ is the best in the LG, so I don't begrudge him his Chip but he got it becuase the 3 Amigos were totally compromised and he avoided UniBron in the Finals. Either of those teams would have dispatched him, talent wins.

Once again, Congrats but don't act like you don't need help, he got a ton of it by his competetion being hobbled.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
JV Finals, haha.

Paul was too old, Booker and especially Ayton too young.

Antetokounmpo, Middleton and Holiday all in their physical prime.

3 All-Stars and the best defensive guard in the LG (probably).... he has a really good team.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
He did it because he got lucky as fuck Not his fault and I like Giannis, he admits LBJ is the best in the LG, so I don't begrudge him his Chip but he got it becuase the 3 Amigos were totally compromised and he avoided UniBron in the Finals. Either of those teams would have dispatched him, talent wins.

Once again, Congrats but don't act like you don't need help, he got a ton of it by his competetion being hobbled.
Just because he says Lebron is the best doesn’t mean he believes it. It’s more a show of respect IMO. I doubt LBJ sniffs another finals unless they get lucky in the draft, or he takes a major pay cut, so far hey can sign an impact FA.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
From a momentum standpoint, the 2021 NBA Finals reminded me of the Mavs-Heat showdown in 2011.

Miami up 2 games to one and ahead by nine points in the fourth quarter of Game 4 and unfortunately for the Heat, it was all Dallas after that.

Miami had no answer when Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Terry hit their stride.

I vividly remember that Gm 4. At that point, the Heat were ahead 74-65 with 10:11 left and about -2000 in-progress and it was being bet up!

Hey, this is the NBA, 9 pt leads with 10 min to play just aren't that safe. So I took at shot at the Mavs ML at about +900 or so, thinking I could take a profit if the Mavs closed the gap. 5 minutes later they had the lead and eventually won the game 86-83. The rest is history.

"Giannis Antetokounmpo says Kevin Durant is 'the best player in the world'..."

Heim

EOG Master
I love how all the drama comes out off-season.

So Kuzma and Schroder didn't get along, reached its height during PHO series.

I wonder if I can get a refund on my LAL series bet?

Heim

EOG Master
same with boxing... he fought with 3 broken legs LOL... blind in 2 eyes

now they tell me
I always love my pitcher that gets rocked and goes on the DL the next day.

Naturally there was something amiss prior to the start. 😅

If only I was a tout and had the inside info. 😂

MrTop

EOG Master
I always love my pitcher that gets rocked and goes on the DL the next day.

Naturally there was something amiss prior to the start. 😅

If only I was a tout and had the inside info. 😂

there was a great play ...still works to some degree. Pitchers coming back from the 15Day DL... fade the guy

the pitcher was usually out of sync to live MLB hitting. They say AAA to MLB is the biggest jump.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Just because he says Lebron is the best doesn’t mean he believes it. It’s more a show of respect IMO. I doubt LBJ sniffs another finals unless they get lucky in the draft, or he takes a major pay cut, so far hey can sign an impact FA.

Enough of the dramatics.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I love how all the drama comes out off-season.

So Kuzma and Schroder didn't get along, reached its height during PHO series.

I wonder if I can get a refund on my LAL series bet?

I didn't know this, hmmm... I'll look into this.