Not Enough Value In Basketball Teasers?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
There are those that have known for quite some time that there is value in football teasers, primarily 2 team - 6/7 points. There are also many that are just now discovering this, or accepting the fact that they are not "square" or "sucker" bets after all.

However, I have always felt just the opposite when it comes to basketball teasers. There just isn't enough value with 4-5 points in a basketball teaser. Fact is, 4-5 points in a basketball game is virtually nothing. I would love to know how basketball teasers were introduced in the early days as compared to football teasers.

If you MUST or do play basketball teasers, at least make sure you play at some books that offer 5 , 5.5 , & 6 points on standard teasers as compared to 4 , 4.5 , & 5 points to most books.

Overall, Pinnacle more than likely offers your best NBA basketball teasers at 4.5 , 5 , & 5.5 on standard teaser SIDES, and MUCH MORE VALUE ON TOTALS, offering a whopping 6.5 , 7 , & 7.5 points compared to most books who only offer the 4-5.

Standard basketball teasers

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="80%" align=center border=1><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD colSpan=4>NBA, WNBA AND COLLEGE BASKETBALL

</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>College and WNBA</TD><TD>4 POINTS</TD><TD>4.5 POINTS</TD><TD>5 POINTS</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>NBA Sides</TD><TD>4.5 POINTS</TD><TD>5 POINTS</TD><TD>5.5 POINTS</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>NBA Totals</TD><TD>6.5 POINTS</TD><TD>7 POINTS</TD><TD>7.5 POINTS</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>2 TEAMS</TD><TD>1 to 1</TD><TD>10 to 11</TD><TD>5 to 6</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>3 TEAMS</TD><TD>9 to 5</TD><TD>8 to 5</TD><TD>3 to 2</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>4 TEAMS</TD><TD>3 to 1</TD><TD>5 to 2</TD><TD>2 to 1</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>5 TEAMS</TD><TD>9 to 2</TD><TD>4 to 1</TD><TD>7 to 2</TD></TR><TR align=middle><TD>6 TEAMS</TD><TD>7 to 1</TD><TD>6 to 1</TD><TD>5 to 1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Pancho Sanza

EOG Addicted
Hache, dont be fooled by the recent success of teasers, in most cases, they are still losing propositions.

If they weren't, books would take em down.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Pancho Sanza said:
Hache, dont be fooled by the recent success of teasers, in most cases, they are still losing propositions.

If they weren't, books would take em down.

I agree Pancho, most people use them in the wrong way or the wrong games.

They can be very profitable if used correctly.

However, as I mentioned above, I'd like to recommend to all books to take their basketball teasers and stick them where the sun doesn't shine until they raise the points on them to make them more fair to players.

Can't wait for the day the 1st book steps up and realizes this.Not sure why it has taken so long.....

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Moving a total 4 1/2 points does not improve your results by the 15% + you need.

I guess I don't know how much players use basketball teasers as compared to football but to me 4 1/2 point basketball teasers doesn't hit the Mendoza line until about 10 to win 12!

Horseshoe said:
Football has teaser value, basketball doesn't..correct.

I have had some success with College BB 13 Pt teasers going with the steam .... I haven't done it for a couple years....not even sure who offers 13 pt 4 team basket teasers anymore.

Glaken said:
I have had some success with College BB 13 Pt teasers going with the steam .... I haven't done it for a couple years....not even sure who offers 13 pt 4 team basket teasers anymore.

NOBODY