Oakland A's & Full Bullpen Wild Card Game

Heim

EOG Master
Next to impossible to analyze these type of games even when you know the probables inning(s) by inning(s)......Kevin Cash has created a betting monster.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
That line has me head scratching. The A’s are the better team imo. Granted it’s one game and on the road but damn over a +170 on the best team in baseball since mid June? I’ll bite.

Heim

EOG Master
The bullpens are close & that's why they opted to go the bullpen route. I can't believe the year Trienen had. I can't count how many games he blew for me with the Nats.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
The A’s are a better team?? In what world?

Yankees have better SP, better bullpen, and better hitting.

It’s one game. The bullpens are even, the A’s score 5.5 on the road, one full run more than at home and starting pitching doesn’t matter cause the A’s won’t be using one and you know Sevarino has a decent chance to piss down his pinstripes. They went 3-3 this season head to head so there is clearly no dominance. And defensively I give the A’s the edge. Plus I think there’s intangibles in play with this A’s team. Awesome chemistry and they play loose and let it rip. The A’s may not win but +174 screams value.

Last edited:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Severing not good against the A’s this year and Sanchez just a horrible catcher....

Oakland could make this interesting because their bullpen is their strength...

I couldn’t lay the big price...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I love the strategy of a bullpen game.

Imagine if the big-money teams tried the strategy.

Instead of paying $20-30 million for an ace, invest that amount to recruit four of five high-quality closers.

Tampa Bay's strategy worked on a shoestring budget.

Heim

EOG Master
I had a dream they brought in Fernando Rodney and he walked in the winning run in.....pass

MrTop

EOG Master
take away brooks robinson at 3rd base for the A's how did they get here ??? soft tossing relief

45-17 in the pen overall
#8 siera
2nd half

yanks #5 ..2nd half siera

Valuist

EOG Master
take away brooks robinson at 3rd base for the A's how did they get here ??? soft tossing relief

45-17 in the pen overall
#8 siera
2nd half

yanks #5 ..2nd half siera

Power. Not easy hitting balls out of the Coliseum but Davis and Olson can hit balls out of the Grand Canyon.

MrTop

EOG Master
A's were fake as usual.

they have some good players. Always fall short. Chapman real good, good pen guys. Yes power. Not enough hitting. Injured staff. Need bob welch to come back & vida too.