Obama Care Wins, HA-ha!

markinsac

EOG Dedicated
In another embarrassing loss to conservatives, the Supreme Court ruled with Obama. This has sent conservatives into a tizzy. In fact, this whole election is turning into a tizzy for them.

I'm just sitting back drinking my margarita by the pool at the Venetian resort in Vegas, enjoying the scene, and I'm talking about the election.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated
Re: Obama Care Wins, HA-ha!

No better way to fire up the republican base

Wasnt that Barak Obama who insisted that this wasnt a tax????

:LMAO

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

SCOTUS upholding the PPACA has got to be part of a bigger picture/game.
5-4 with John Roberts! joining the majority opinion?....
Can't believe I agree with these guys,but:
Thomas, Kennedy and Alito eviscertate the majority, saying in part:
<DIR>Here, however, Congress has impressed into service third parties, healthy individuals who could be but are not customers of the relevant industry, to offset the undesirable consequences of the regulation. Congress? desire to force these individuals to purchase insurance is motivated by the fact that they are further removed from the market than unhealthy individuals with pre-existing conditions, because they are less likely to need extensive care in the near future. If Congress can reach out and command even those furthest removed from an interstate market to participate in the market, then the Commerce Clause becomes a font of unlimited power, or in Hamilton?s words, "the hideous monster whose devouring jaws . . . spare neither sex nor age, nor high nor low, nor sacred nor profane." The Federalist No. 33, p. 202 (C. Rossiter ed. 1961).</DIR>Excerpt from:
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=207908#discuss

tank

EOG Dedicated

Many low-wage and no-benefit employers are already objecting to this. While the law is not perfect, at least the fines will prevent employers from being completely off the hook and pushing their employees onto welfare without repurcussions.

http://247wallst.com/2012/06/28/ret...ruling-lulu-rost-wmt-tgt-hd-cmg-mcd-yum-sbux/
The employer will just make sure he has less then 50 employees so he doesn't have too.The small business people are not very happy at all.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/48000806

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

....presenting the potential problems of our current healthcare environment,.... on the unintended consequences of Obamacare (in all its 2700 page glory). For everything you need to know about how it devolved to this ("To understand healthcare in America, you have to think about bananas") and how to think about the new tax's potential implications (e.g. lower quality of service, capped hiring rates among employers), seven minutes well spent.

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 06/29/2012
The Dummy's Guide To Healthcare
<IFRAME height=360 src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I7pqRjHQ9BU" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

hedgeless_horseman Fri, 06/29/2012 - 14:21 | 2573979

Excellent work! Everything in the video is spot on. I have had two employees tell me, today, that health insurance premiums will be going down. I explained why this is not true. Not only because of supply and demand, but also due to the inflation tax to pay for other people's free lunch/healthcare.

We used to pay for health insurance for all of our employees. When the taxes increased with ObamaCare, we decided we did not need to pay twice, so we eliminated healthcare benefits and limited our companies (fired people) to below 50 employees. Now, all those employees will have gone from getting free healthcare from their employer to paying a fine/tax, and not having any healthcare benefits, because the fine will be less than the premiums.

All from:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/dummy-bears-guide-healthcare

Berkleybob

EOG Member

This is great! Enjoy that Margarita! Only a stupid right winger would complain about free healthcare. Now if Obama can pay off our mortgages and student loans more people will be helped.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

You have been trying every trick in the book to defeat Obama . . . you cant!

Justice Roberts was the only one (on the right or left) who didn't vote his/her affiliation. I respect him way more than the others.

You have been trying every trick in the book to defeat Obama . . . you cant!

Justice Roberts was the only one (on the right or left) who didn't vote his/her affiliation. I respect him way more than the others.

Public support for Obama's healthcare law has been increasing ever since the ruling (polls at http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/01/us-usa-campaign-healthcare-idUSBRE85S14820120701). Hopefully this will be enough to put Obama over the edge and keep Romney out. Romney would be worse than Bush and would be intent on assisting corporations in outsourcing jobs, undermining workers' rights, and destroying the standard of living in the US

Berkleybob

EOG Member

This is great stuff! Now we can tax people for anything. I think if you go buy a car and it's not an electric car you should be taxed, say, $5000. If you buy a house and it doesn't have solar panels, the tax should be around $20,000. The Earth is warming out of control and we need rich people that buy things to help us out. The Earth is getting hotter every year and we need to pay attention. Al Gore said we only had 10 years to go and we are about 7 years after the prediction. What will it be like in 3 years? Man, I wish he would have been President!

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

I want you all to know, and this is the truth: Berkely Bob can roll a joint like a cigarette.

BURN AND EARN!

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

you guys JUST DON'T GET IT: Due to the fact that Bush wrecked the economy, forcing more and more to lower wages, PRESIDENT 1% just doesn't have much appeal

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

Here in Vegas, they have a bunch of High-end stores at the Wynn, Belagio and Crystals shopping malls. And nobody is in them except for the bored salespersons. The hotels doing the best business are the lower-class ones like Harrah's, Flamingo etc. The high-end ones are hurting.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Here in Vegas, they have a bunch of High-end stores at the Wynn, Belagio and Crystals shopping malls. And nobody is in them except for the bored salespersons. The hotels doing the best business are the lower-class ones like Harrah's, Flamingo etc. The high-end ones are hurting.
That's because they are busy out creating job's!:LMAOThat trickle down shit is just piss on your leg.