Obama's Approval Ratings TANKING!

Re: Obama's Approval Ratings TANKING!

Public approval of Obama's foreign policy plummets

By: Byron York

Chief Political Correspondent
09/02/09 9:35 AM EDT

For much of the summer, as approval ratings for President Obama's handling of the economy, health care, the deficit, and other domestic issues declined, the one bright spot in the president's polling was his handling of foreign affairs.

No longer. The new CNN/Opinion Research poll, released Tuesday afternoon, shows a sharp decline in the public's approval of Obama's handling of a number of international issues.

In March, according to CNN, 67 percent of those surveyed approved of Obama's handling of the situation in Afghanistan. Now, that number is 49 percent -- an 18 percentage-point drop. The number of those who disapprove of Obama's Afghanistan policy has grown from 29 percent to 46 percent.

In March, 61 percent approved of Obama's handling of terrorism. Now, it's 52 percent -- a nine point drop. The number of people who disapprove has gone from 35 percent to 45 percent.

In March, 66 percent approved of Obama's handling of foreign affairs in general. Now, it's 54 percent -- a 12 point drop. The number of people who disapprove has gone from 28 percent to 42 percent.

Couple those results with Obama's already-anemic numbers on domestic policy issues -- in the CNN poll, he is below 50 percent approval on the economy, health care, taxes, the deficit, and Medicare -- and this has been a summer of extraordinary decline for a president whose overall approval rating once hovered near 70 percent.

tank

EOG Dedicated

The Zogby poll had his approval rate at 42 % a couple of days ago but now this poll has it at 53% ? What gives?
Come on man quit the cherry picking would ya.

The Zogby poll had his approval rate at 42 % a couple of days ago but now this poll has it at 53% ? What gives?
Come on man quit the cherry picking would ya.

CNN poll is foreign policy.

Zogby is overall approval.

tank

EOG Dedicated

CNN poll is foreign policy.

Zogby is overall approval.
Question number 1 ask's ''Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as President''
53% approve.
On foreign affairs 54% approve.
That is going by the link to the poll you provided by CNN.

Question number 1 ask's ''Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as President''
53% approve.
On foreign affairs 54% approve.
That is going by the link to the poll you provided by CNN.

Here's the Real Clear Politics chart for Aug-Sept:

President Obama Job Approval
Polling Data

<table class="data"><tbody><tr><th class="noCenter">Poll</th><th class="date">Date</th><th>Sample</th><th>Approve </th><th>Disapprove </th><th class="spread">Spread</th></tr><tr class="rcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">RCP Average</td><td>8/20 - 9/2</td><td>--</td><td>53.2</td><td>41.5</td><td class="spread"> +11.7</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">Gallup</td><td>8/31 - 9/2</td><td>1547 A</td><td>55</td><td>39</td><td class="spread"> +16</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">Rasmussen Reports</td><td>8/31 - 9/2</td><td>1500 LV</td><td>47</td><td>53</td><td class="spread"> -6</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">CNN/Opinion Research</td><td>8/28 - 8/31</td><td>1010 A</td><td>53</td><td>45</td><td class="spread"> +8</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">Ipsos-McClatchy</td><td>8/27 - 8/31</td><td>903 RV</td><td>56</td><td>40</td><td class="spread"> +16</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">CBS News</td><td>8/27 - 8/31</td><td>1097 A</td><td>56</td><td>35</td><td class="spread"> +21</td></tr><tr class="isInRcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">Pew Research</td><td>8/20 - 8/27</td><td>2003 A</td><td>52</td><td>37</td><td class="spread"> +15</td></tr><tr><td class="noCenter">NBC News</td><td>8/15 - 8/17</td><td>805 A</td><td>51</td><td>40</td><td class="spread"> +11</td></tr><tr><td class="noCenter">ABC News/Wash Post</td><td>8/13 - 8/17</td><td>1001 A</td><td>57</td><td>40</td><td class="spread"> +17</td></tr><tr><td class="noCenter">Pew Research</td><td>8/11 - 8/17</td><td>2010 A</td><td>51</td><td>37</td><td class="spread"> +14</td></tr><tr><td class="noCenter">FOX News</td><td>8/11 - 8/12</td><td>900 RV</td><td>53</td><td>40</td><td class="spread"> +13</td></tr><tr><td class="noCenter">Gallup</td><td>8/6 - 8/8</td><td>1500 A</td><td>55</td><td>38</td><td class="spread"> +17</td></tr><tr><td class="noCenter">Rasmussen Reports</td><td>8/6 - 8/8</td><td>1500 A</td><td>50</td><td>50</td><td class="spread">Tie</td></tr><tr><td class="noCenter">Marist</td><td>8/3 - 8/6</td><td>845 RV</td><td>55</td><td>35</td><td class="spread"> +20</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table class="data"><tbody><tr><th class="noCenter">
</th><th class="date">
</th><th>
</th><th>
</th><th>
</th><th class="spread">
</th></tr><tr class="rcpAvg"><td class="noCenter">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td class="spread">
</td></tr><tr class="alt"><td class="noCenter">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td class="spread">
</td></tr><tr><td class="noCenter">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td class="spread">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td class="spread">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td class="spread">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td class="spread">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td class="spread">
</td></tr></tbody></table>See All President Obama Job Approval Polling Data

<iframe src="http://charts.realclearpolitics.com/1044.epoll.html" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" width="100%" frameborder="0" height="397" scrolling="no"></iframe>

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Obama has now had the steepest drop in approval rating for any elected president in modern history. Only Gerald Ford(not elected) had a steeper drop in the polls when he pardoned Richard Nixon.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Obama has now had the steepest drop in approval rating for any elected president in modern history. Only Gerald Ford(not elected) had a steeper drop in the polls when he pardoned Richard Nixon.
It sure is getting ugly. Imagine if he had been president for , oh, maybe 7 years...looks like Bush II.

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Obama still has 3 years to turn his plummeting poll numbers around...unfortunately.

Bush 41 had 90% approval rating after "Desert Storm". 20 months later he was defeated in his re-election bid.

George W Bush was the worst President in history, and he also had the highest disapproval rating of any president. Of course the right-wing posters on here never let the facts get in the way of their rants.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/01/bush.poll/
"No president has ever had a higher disapproval rating in any CNN or Gallup Poll; in fact, this is the first time that any president's disapproval rating has cracked the 70 percent mark," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

http://abcnews.go.com/PollingUnit/Politics/story?id=6017487&page=1
At 23 percent, Bush's job approval rating has fallen below Nixon's lowest; it's a point away from the lowest in 70 years of polling, set by Harry Truman in early 1952. Bush's disapproval, meanwhile, is at an all-time record ? 73 percent

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

George W Bush was the worst President in history, and he also had the highest disapproval rating of any president. Of course the right-wing posters on here never let the facts get in the way of their rants.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/01/bush.poll/
"No president has ever had a higher disapproval rating in any CNN or Gallup Poll; in fact, this is the first time that any president's disapproval rating has cracked the 70 percent mark," said Keating Holland, CNN's polling director.

http://abcnews.go.com/PollingUnit/Politics/story?id=6017487&page=1
At 23 percent, Bush's job approval rating has fallen below Nixon's lowest; it's a point away from the lowest in 70 years of polling, set by Harry Truman in early 1952. Bush's disapproval, meanwhile, is at an all-time record ? 73 percent

This just in from the Institute for the Advancement of Conservative Science:
History began on 1/20/09!

Monday, Nov 9, 2009
http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2009/11/09/tomo/index.html

This just in from the Institute for the Advancement of Conservative Science:
History began on 1/20/09!

Monday, Nov 9, 2009
http://www.salon.com/comics/tomo/2009/11/09/tomo/index.html
I wouldn't even be surprised if that cartoonist reads the EOG politics forum, since that's exactly how Joe Contrarian and others behave every day. They never fail to disappear or avoid issues once anyone suggests Bush is responsible.

Well, there's this black guy (who is very near the white women, I might add) now. . .

tank

EOG Dedicated

Even cbs is starting to admit that his popularity is slipping.

What the hell has he done for anyone to believe him??You can only blame the guy before you for so long and people are going to start wanting to see what your results are.I had low expectations to begin with so I am not shocked at all.Same crap we have seen for the last 10 years.

What the hell has he done for anyone to believe him??You can only blame the guy before you for so long and people are going to start wanting to see what your results are.I had low expectations to begin with so I am not shocked at all.Same crap we have seen for the last 10 years.

Well, I don't have any indictments yet--which is my main reason for support, but when you imagine what kind of trainwreck we'd be riding in were McBush and the idiot elected, His Royal Highness Comrade Crown Prince Hussein (who is a black man very near the white women, I might add) smells like a rose. . .

scrimmage

Well, I don't have any indictments yet--which is my main reason for support, but when you imagine what kind of trainwreck we'd be riding in were McBush and the idiot elected, His Royal Highness Comrade Crown Prince Hussein (who is a black man very near the white women, I might add) smells like a rose. . .

4625;
You keep wishing for "indictments" of various Bushites,but all that's gonna happen is a "show trial"of the now alleged "mastermind" of 9/11 Khalid Sheikh Muhammed[BTW,what happened to the original mastermind Osama bin Laden?],and all the blame for any wrongdoings will fall on him and his "co-conspirators".
This pending circus in NYC is designed to confuse the American public,and divert attention away from any real examination of what actually happened on 9/11/2001.

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

To Mr. 4625:

Trainwreck?

You don't call the state that the country is in right now a trainwreck?

During the Munchkin Man's nearly 60 years of his life on Earth, America is in the worst trainwreck the Munchkin Man has ever witnessed.

America would be MUCH better off right now if McCain and Palin had been elected.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

scrimmage

To Mr. 4625:

Trainwreck?

You don't call the state that the country is in right now a trainwreck?

During the Munchkin Man's nearly 60 years of his life on Earth, America is in the worst trainwreck the Munchkin Man has ever witnessed.

America would be MUCH better off right now if McCain and Palin had been elected.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

The Munchkin Man might be chronologically nearly 60,but politically he's still in diapers.
As a self proclaimed math whiz he should know better than to put forth a theorem claiming: "America would be MUCH better off right now if McCain and Palin had been elected",when he has no way of proving a statement like that.
The U.S.'s problems are structural,related to "Peak Oil",and are too difficult for a politician of any stripe to solve in a manner which would satisfy the public at large,in the long run.
Expectations will need to be brought in line with resource reality eventually,it'll happen one way,or another.

mr merlin

EOG Master

The Munchkin Man might be chronologically nearly 60,but politically he's still in diapers.
As a self proclaimed math whiz he should know better than to put forth a theorem claiming: "America would be MUCH better off right now if McCain and Palin had been elected",when he has no way of proving a statement like that.
The U.S.'s problems are structural,related to "Peak Oil",and are too difficult for a politician of any stripe to solve in a manner which would satisfy the public at large,in the long run.
Expectations will need to be brought in line with resource reality eventually,it'll happen one way,or another.
More good news this week scrim - confirming extractable brazil oil in the tupi field(and a couple nearby ones) of 8-12 billion bbls, plus an astonishing 40 trillion cu ft of natural gas. Amazing, they've barely started looking and they hit the jackpot!

Brutal: Obama?s approval among independents down to ? 34/51

posted at 7:30 pm on November 19, 2009 by Allahpundit
<small> Share on Facebook | printer-friendly </small>

His overall approval rating?s pretty grim too ? 46/46, down five points since last month ? but I?m highlighting the indies because (a) this is the same Fox News poll with the suspicious Republican sample that I cited earlier, and (b) a -17 among the group that?s going to decide the midterms is eye-popping, especially when you compare it to last month. In October, among indies, he was at 49/34. This month, a 15-point swing. What happened?

Lest you think this is an outrageous outlier, please note that Rasmussen has him at 46/53 today among likely voters.
Overall, a 57 percent majority says President Obama is providing the kind of leadership they expected, while 17 percent say he is a stronger leader than expected and 23 percent say he?s a weaker leader. When this question was asked about President George W. Bush early in his first term, 68 percent said his leadership was what they expected, 14 percent said he was a stronger leader than expected and 13 percent a weaker leader (July 2001)?

For President Obama, 54 percent of voters have a favorable opinion and 42 percent unfavorable. When he took office in January, 76 percent had a favorable view and 15 percent unfavorable?

When asked about next year?s Congressional elections, there?s a split similar to the president?s job rating. If the election were held today, 39 percent say they would vote for the Democratic candidate to help Obama pass his policies and 42 percent say they would back the Republican to provide a check on Obama?s power.
Does any of this matter right now? Yep: According to Nate Silver, a statistical analysis shows that Obama?s personal popularity within a senator?s state, not the popularity of ObamaCare itself, is a strong indicator of whether he/she is likely to support health-care reform. The lower The One goes, the grimmer Reid?s and Pelosi?s prospects get. (In fact, Fox?s poll shows that there?s been virtually no bounce from PelosiCare?s passage in the House.) In fact, ObamaCare itself is now so unpopular that Obama?s ratings, flaccid though they are, are actually helping to boost support for the bill. See, for example, Gallup?s poll today showing cresting support for the status quo in American health care as the backlash to O-Care rises, a result Gallup itself can?t resist lamely trying to spin. He and Reid are doing their best to buy Blue Dogs off, but I wonder what happens if his numbers dip a few points more. Some centrist Dems are already in dire straits.

Oh, and as for that 23 percent who think he?s a weaker leader than they expected, try re-polling that next month after stories like this about his dismal trip to Asia have had some time to sink in. Exit quotation from David Gergen: ?[T]his was not at all the kind of summit that an American administration would want ? and it does bear some ominous similarities to the Kennedy-Khrushchev talks in Vienna. It would seem wise not only for President Obama but for all Americans to treat this as a wake-up call.?

:party:

<tt>

<!-- Copyright 2009 Drudge Report, All Rights Reserved. Redistribution Prohibited --> <tt> <!-- Main headlines links BEGIN --> <center> <!-- MAIN HEADLINE-->[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7]
OBAMA DROPS BELOW 50% IN GALLUP [/SIZE][/FONT] </center> <!-- Main headlines links END --->
</tt>
</tt> <center> <tt>

</tt></center>

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Come now!!The hope and change will be in full force by then:LMAO:LMAO
Sad that people fell for that line.

Greetings Mr. Tank:

It sounds like there may still be some hope for you.

The Munchkin Man has noted a substantial shift to the right in your political views since you first began to read the commentaries of Joe Contrarian.

Obvously, he is teaching you something.

There is no need to deny it any longer.

Embrace it.

Go with the flow.

Keep moving in the right direction.

:cheers

Yours On The Right And In The Right,

Munchkin Man

tank

EOG Dedicated

Greetings Mr. Tank:

It sounds like there may still be some hope for you.

The Munchkin Man has noted a substantial shift to the right in your political views since you first began to read the commentaries of Joe Contrarian.

Obvously, he is teaching you something.

There is no need to deny it any longer.

Embrace it.

Go with the flow.

Keep moving in the right direction.

:cheers

Yours On The Right And In The Right,

Munchkin Man
Munchkin for someone who uses logic all the time I think you are failing there yourself.I have always voted GOP up until 2005 and then I switched to the Libertarian party because the GOP had become just like the Dems.Spending and big government are the things I hate the most.What you think as me defending Obama is me pointing out the lies and B.S that Fox and the rest of the right wing fools put out there.If you are telling the truth then you have nothing to hide but sadly that is not the way it is and I hate that more than the other B.S.I have no problem with the message that Sarah puts out there if it is the truth ,it is the messagener I cannot stand because I know she is a fraud and quitter that is only in it for herself[like most politicians]and she is destroying the only chance we have to gain control in 2012.What I know of her she never tells the truth and will be easy to beat if she is the canidate .

Munchkin for someone who uses logic all the time I think you are failing there yourself.I have always voted GOP up until 2005 and then I switched to the Libertarian party because the GOP had become just like the Dems.Spending and big government are the things I hate the most.What you think as me defending Obama is me pointing out the lies and B.S that Fox and the rest of the right wing fools put out there.If you are telling the truth then you have nothing to hide but sadly that is not the way it is and I hate that more than the other B.S.I have no problem with the message that Sarah puts out there if it is the truth ,it is the messagener I cannot stand because I know she is a fraud and quitter that is only in it for herself[like most politicians]and she is destroying the only chance we have to gain control in 2012.What I know of her she never tells the truth and will be easy to beat if she is the canidate .

Translation: I get very intimidated and feel threatened by beautiful, intelligent, ambitious, strong-willed conservative women. :doh1

tank

EOG Dedicated

Translation: I get very intimidated and feel threatened by beautiful, intelligent, ambitious, strong-willed conservative women. :doh1
Yes I am afraid of my wife.Thanks for pointing that out.Plus she has all the money:cheers

Rasmussen: Obama drops to lowest approval rating
posted at 11:36 am on November 24, 2009 by Ed Morrissey

<small>Share on Facebook | printer-friendly </small>

Give Rasmussen a lot of credit thus far in the Obama Era. They predicted his decline first, have documented his rallies, and now report on the nadir of his standing among registered voters. In their daily tracking poll, Barack Obama dropped to a 45% approval rating, tying the lowest mark of his term thus far, and hit a new record on their ?passion index?:
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 27% of the nation?s voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-two percent (42%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -15. This is the lowest Approval Index rating yet measured for President Obama[.]
And, as always, independents are the key:
Fifty-two percent (52%) of Democrats Strongly Approve while 68% of Republicans Strongly Disapprove. Among those not affiliated with either major political party, just 16% Strongly Approve and 51% Strongly Disapprove[.]
A 45/54 split in the first year in office isn?t exactly the ?hope and change? Obama had in mind. The intensity of his opposition has long eclipsed the intensity of his support, but the number among independents should be alarming for Capitol Hill Democrats facing the voters in 2010. A solid majority of independents now strongly disapprove of Obama, and only a sixth of them strongly approve. Democrats know what that means for a midterm that will serve as a referendum on the President and their legislative agenda.

Byron York looks at the internals from Gallup?s tracking polls, where Obama is also under 50% among adults:
Among age groups: For the first time in the White House, Obama is below 50 percent with every age group of Americans except those between 18 and 29. He?s at 48 percent with people in the 30-49 range; 46 percent with people in the 50-64 range; and 42 percent with people 65 and over. Among those 18-29, he?s at 61 percent. ?

Among income groups: For the first time in the White House, Obama is below 50 percent with every income group except those making less than $2,000 a month. He?s at 49 percent among those making $2,000 to $4,999 a month; 44 percent among those making $5,000 to $7,499 a month; and 48 percent among those making $7,500 and more a month. Among the bottom income group, those making less than $2,000 a month, Obama?s approval rating is 59 percent.
There?s more at the link, but basically Obama?s collapse is broad based and almost complete. He only polls favorably among the youngest adults (18-29), the lowest income levels, the non-religious, and non-white adults.

It?s basically a portrait of the hard Left, which is exactly what his agenda represents, and the only political core he?s got. And if he sends more troops to Afghanistan, even some of these numbers may start to fall.

:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra:houra

The best option would be for Obama not to run, which he recently brought up as a possibility (although an unlikely one). It's important to keep the Republicans out, but Obama is useless and incompetent.

And I never got all of the hype about Obama speaking so well - he says "you know" as much as Caroline Kennedy

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/11/18/obama-wont-read-palins-book/

But when it comes to the 2012 race, Obama didn't discount the possibility he may sit out on a reelection bid.
"You know, if - if I feel like I've made the very best decisions for the American people and three years from now I look at it and, you know, my poll numbers are in the tank and because we've gone through these wrenching changes, you know, politically, I'm in a tough spot, I'll - I'll feel all right about myself," Obama told CNN's Ed Henry during an interview in China.
Related: North Korea, trade on agenda as Obama visits South Korea
"I said to myself very early on, even when I started running for office, I don't want to be making decisions based on getting reelected, because I think the challenges that America faces right now are so significant," the president also said. "Obviously, if I make those decisions and I think that I'm moving the country on the right direction economically, in terms of our security interests, our foreign policy, I'd like to think that those policies are continued because they're not going to bear fruit just in four years."

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><EMBED src=http://www.youtube.com/v/NFHpPNumUf4&hl=en_US&fs=1& width=425 height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED>

mr merlin

EOG Master

I'm glad to see his big speech on afghanistan rallied the nation. Time to bring back Bush!

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Even the lemmings here have gone silent on Obama's freefall. The chimp is nothing but a propped up figure, with no substance, no accomplishments, no record.

Obama received just under 53% of the vote. He needs the Independent voters if he is to get re-elected.