Obama's Drug Habits

ACCC COMMENTS: The following article discusses Obama's history of drug use. Maybe all that marijuana is what makes him so passive and incompetent.

The Choom Gang: President Obama?s pot-smoking high school days detailed in Maraniss book. Posted by Natalie Jennings<!-- [h=1][/h] -->at 03:20 PM ET, 05/25/2012<!-- For AP News Registry -->TheWashingtonPost<!-- /For AP News Registry -->
"ABC?s Jonathan Karl reminds us Obama has previously written about his drug use:
In his 1995 memoir ?Dreams of My Father,? Obama writes about smoking pot almost like Dr. Seuss wrote about eating green eggs and ham. As a high school kid, Obama wrote, he would smoke ?in a white classmate?s sparkling new van,? he would smoke ?in the dorm room of some brother? and he would smoke ?on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids.?​
He would smoke it here and there. He would smoke it anywhere.​
Maraniss notes that Obama spent a lot of time at the Punahou School in Hawaii with a ?self-selected group of boys who loved basketball and good times and called themselves the Choom Gang. Choom is a verb, meaning ?to smoke marijuana.?

?As a member of the Choom Gang,? Maraniss writes, ?Barry Obama was known for starting a few pot-smoking trends.?

One of those was: ?Total Absorption? or ?TA?.

?TA was the opposite of Bill Clinton?s claim that as a Rhodes scholar at Oxford he smoked dope but never inhaled,? explains Maraniss. If you exhaled prematurely when you were with the Choom Gang, ?you were assessed a penalty and your turn was skipped the next time the joint came around.?

One of Obama?s old friends at the school, Tom Topolinski, told Maraniss: ?Wasting good bud smoke was not tolerated.?

Obama helped popularized the concept of ?roof hits,? as well, writes Maraniss.

?When they were chooming in a car all the windows had to be rolled up so no smoke blew out and went to waste; when the pot was gone, they tilted their heads back and sucked in the last bit of smoke from the ceiling.?

Maraniss also says Obama was known for his ?Interceptions?: ?When a joint was making the rounds, he often elbowed his way in, out of turn, shouted ?Intercepted!,? and took an extra hit.?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...maraniss-book/2012/05/25/gJQAwFqEqU_blog.html

markinsac

EOG Dedicated
Re: Obama's Drug Habits

Smoking Pot? So what? I used to smoke pot with my boss before he turned into a Republican. Oh the good times he has missed out on. But he can to this day roll a joint like a cigarette.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

He was like a slave owner! When I waited for my paycheck at the end of the week, alls I heard was crickets. But the hooch was good.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

It needed help. My boss was too busy looking at the female bra-less workers. I was surrounded by boobs.

Berkleybob

EOG Member

Is the company still in business? Sounds like a real right wing hater if you ask me. I hope he's out of business.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

He was about as politically correct as Pete Rose at a Tea Party gathering. The only thing that kept him in business was the help.

Berkleybob

EOG Member

I loved that game! The Bears are always so good. I'm a big softball fan of theirs to. I go to as many games as I can.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

Let me put it to you this way: Remember election night 2008? Remember all those Democrats gathering in that Chicago park when Obama clinched the Presidency? On pot, that scene was surreal! In the wee hours of the morning, I threw a fantastic munch, eating while all happy!