Obama's Economic Stimulus Bill is Slippin into Darkness...

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Obama's Economic Stimulus Bill is Slippin into Darkness...

"KENNY BOY" LAY was REALLLLLLYYYYY TIGHT W/BUSH AS THEY WOULD EXCHANGE GIFTS AT CHRISTMAS AND BUSH USED HIS PRIVATE JET FOR CAMPAIGN JUNKETS

Go read that shit and you will understand why Cheney wont release those documents from those meetings

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Same ol doc the anti Rush, sermonizing on the evils of Bush and friends. Guess he was banned when I was posting G Dub, worst president ever. This is a nonpartisan failure doc, can't you get that? So now the people I though were the worst ever, G Dub, Cheney and Frist are replaced by Obama, Biden and Pelosi. I posted the stimulus package, something current, and it's impact and what true experts in the field think about it. I am beginning to like Pelosi less and less. And anyone that thinks this has any similarities to when Clinton took office is sadly mistaken. Not even close. Only maybe similar would be when FDR took over from Hoover. But the astronomical numbers are far apart. Our tax base is rapidly Shrinking. So are counties, cities and states. We are sitting on a ten trillion dollar deficit, and will probably increase that by 25%, this year. I'm afraid we have already hit the iceberg, have a rip in the hull the length of the USS Sunk. The band just kept playing as the iceberg ripped across the hull. And doc kept yelling, it is all Bush's fault. When unemployment passes double digits across the board because the bill is terribly flawed, and our deficit reaches over 12.5 trillion, come back and see me. My topic is, this stimulus bill is not only not going to stimulate, it is going to bury us.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

The nation's leading economists say so, and the public is beginning to agree.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

How did we get 11 trillion in debt frog?

and what is the GOP answer? TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH?

They don't have an answer and the GOP stimulus package is 3x what
Barack has on the table that the MAJORITY OF THE GOP GOVERNORS
approve

This shit started with Reagan .... helped by Clinton and Greenspan ...
cheered on Gingrich and perfected by Bush 43

At least Obama is laying his cards out on the table... problem is the Righties
aren't used to that form of govt so it makes them a tad bit out of their
comfort zone

I've havent seen on answer from the Righties except their usual bullshit
answers of FEAR TACTICS that has lost control of everything and the
respect of the minority in this country

janus

EOG Dedicated

Same ol doc the anti Rush, sermonizing on the evils of Bush and friends. Guess he was banned when I was posting G Dub, worst president ever. This is a nonpartisan failure doc, can't you get that? So now the people I though were the worst ever, G Dub, Cheney and Frist are replaced by Obama, Biden and Pelosi. I posted the stimulus package, something current, and it's impact and what true experts in the field think about it. I am beginning to like Pelosi less and less. And anyone that thinks this has any similarities to when Clinton took office is sadly mistaken. Not even close. Only maybe similar would be when FDR took over from Hoover. But the astronomical numbers are far apart. Our tax base is rapidly Shrinking. So are counties, cities and states. We are sitting on a ten trillion dollar deficit, and will probably increase that by 25%, this year. I'm afraid we have already hit the iceberg, have a rip in the hull the length of the USS Sunk. The band just kept playing as the iceberg ripped across the hull. And doc kept yelling, it is all Bush's fault. When unemployment passes double digits across the board because the bill is terribly flawed, and our deficit reaches over 12.5 trillion, come back and see me. My topic is, this stimulus bill is not only not going to stimulate, it is going to bury us.

The nation's leading economists say so, and the public is beginning to agree.

well said.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

How did we reach this point?

and what answers would McCain have had after consulting with the Animal Abuser from Alaska?

janus

EOG Dedicated

How did we get 11 trillion in debt frog?

and what is the GOP answer? TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH?

They don't have an answer and the GOP stimulus package is 3x what
Barack has on the table that the MAJORITY OF THE GOP GOVERNORS
approve

This shit started with Reagan .... helped by Clinton and Greenspan ...
cheered on Gingrich and perfected by Bush 43

At least Obama is laying his cards out on the table... problem is the Righties
aren't used to that form of govt so it makes them a tad bit out of their
comfort zone

I've havent seen on answer from the Righties except their usual bullshit
answers of FEAR TACTICS that has lost control of everything and the
respect of the minority in this country

i guess you'll keep pushing it back to a political debate no matter what anyone says. we see what we want to see.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Yes doc, it is all a big Republican cluster fuck. A conspiracy by them to ruin the country. Your just Rush on the other side of the coin. Instead of rehashing old beefs that you seemed stuck on forever, how about trying to say on topic and talk about the bill. The Stimulus Package. Your anti Republican shit had been driveled to death. Fuck all that it's thier fault. What do we do now? Continue the blame game like you? What does that accomplish except bore all of the posters here with neverending redundancy? Is this Obama bill going to save us or not?

soli

EOG Dedicated

I think Doc is calling it right....ya'll fuckers are all over Obama after 14 days in hopes that he fails but azzhole tight on what put us in this situation. I mean it's no secret that many (yall undercover haters)folks want him to fail even though it's hidden in all kinds of ways as most of yall do...being a sissy about it is common. All this shyt as though this man been in office for a full year. Nobody who is giving Obama a fair shot wouldn't even attempt to find reasons to complain. OF is using the Economists as though the Ecomomists wasn't there when Bush was there. Did the Ecomomists not see this shyt coming? Don't hide behind the Ecomomist and just man up and say like Rush that you don't want him to be successful. I mean you can only be in the closet for so long before real men start to smell that perfume you are wearing...

Unassail08

EOG Veteran

Well Tax cuts for the big corporations would potentially give them incentive to bring business back to the United States, and take it away from India, China, and Brazil.

The thing with this Economic Stimulus package is that it creates a lot of "Temporary jobs"

What are these guys going to do after they refurbish the Washington Mall right outside of the Capitol?

They will be unemployed and out of a job.

We are still in the middle of the war, no matter how we got there, we are still in one.

Why is Obama asking the Pentagon to cut their budget by 10% for 2010???? And with that money what is he going to do? Raise Welfare, so that people who can get a job can sit on their ass and make more babies? Make a lot of sense doesn't it?

I didn't think so.

Soli, why give him a year when he is bullshitting us after 14 days...there is no need.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

We sure the hell know Bush didn't save this country ....

We are in a damn war that has accomplished NOTHING except its gonna
cost this country up to about 7 trillion in debt

Pull out every one of our damn troops from Afghanistan and Iraq ....

Round up Greenspan, Clinton, Cheney, Bloomberg and throw their
asses in jail for the Deriviative gameplan that is going to crumble this
country

Fuck Madoff ... just take that bastard and shoot his ass for that bullshit
Ponzi scam

Let every bank burn to the ground .....

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Brickforbrains:

what is he bullshitting about?

Doc, get off Bushs dick...he has a wife. This thread is not about Bush.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

How did we reach this point?

and what answers would McCain have had after consulting with the Animal Abuser from Alaska?

Never once did I say we would have been better with anyone else, again falling back to the bipartisan, better off than with those losers. OK, doc, I agree, better off without McSame and irrelevant Palin. Is there even a point to discuss how we reached this point? Are we doing a historical doc-you-mentary? No. How the fuck do we get out of it? Stop the BS already, is this bill the answer or not? You go round in circles, but never say or answer anything new. Go debate Rush, you two are peas in a pod.

soli

EOG Dedicated

Soli, why give him a year when he is bullshitting us after 14 days...there is no need.

Seriously...if I even attempt to answer this it makes me look as stupid as the question. But I'll let you say it loud and clear...so what in your mind that was so important that he lied or bullshitting us about ....and I'm guessing it's all over the News and everything else....but let me hear it from you...12io4j2w90

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I think Doc is calling it right....ya'll fuckers are all over Obama after 14 days in hopes that he fails but azzhole tight on what put us in this situation. I mean it's no secret that many (yall undercover haters)folks want him to fail even though it's hidden in all kinds of ways as most of yall do...being a sissy about it is common. All this shyt as though this man been in office for a full year. Nobody who is giving Obama a fair shot wouldn't even attempt to find reasons to complain. OF is using the Economists as though the Ecomomists wasn't there when Bush was there. Did the Ecomomists not see this shyt coming? Don't hide behind the Ecomomist and just man up and say like Rush that you don't want him to be successful. I mean you can only be in the closet for so long before real men start to smell that perfume you are wearing...

And who can argue with that? I can't, because I can't understand a word of it. The next time we have an irrational jumping to incoherent conclusion contest, I'm betting on you.

Its not what he lied about, its just that he did it. And after only 14 days it makes you wonder what he will do after a year. I do not know 10% as much as you people about politics so i wont get into it. Therefore i won't answer your question because i will look as stupid as your question.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Great answer ...

ya sound like Joan the Plumber

soli

EOG Dedicated

Its not what he lied about, its just that he did it. And after only 14 days it makes you wonder what he will do after a year. I do not know 10% as much as you people about politics so i wont get into it. Therefore i won't answer your question because i will look as stupid as your question.

LOL...you have no answer

Soli, all we have heard by the LIBERAL media (everyone but Fox), is how things will change right away, and how he's not like the others. Well, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

soli

EOG Dedicated

And who can argue with that? I can't, because I can't understand a word of it. The next time we have an irrational jumping to incoherent conclusion contest, I'm betting on you.

You have always been a good Fade

LOL...you have no answer
I guess you are too stupid to find your way to the political forum where i said the article is. No i am not going to summarize that long ass article for you. Go read it and take what you want from it. I told you what i thought.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Jager:

his 1st 7 days in office

-Citing a need to tighten belts across America, Obama issued a pay freeze on White House staff earning more than $100,000 a year.(msnbc.com)-

Issued a memorandum to government agencies ordering them to approach the Freedom of Information Act with a ?clear presumption: in the face of doubt, openness prevails?. (George W. Bush had previously order agencies to ?disclose information only after considering all possible reasons to withhold it?.) (Electronic Frontiers Foundation)

-Emerged victorious from a highly publicized battle with Homeland Security and the Presidential Records Act to keep his BlackBerry. (Guardian.co.uk)

-Reaffirmed campaign statements expressing a willingness to engage in direct negotiations with Iran without preconditions. (WhiteHouse.gov)

-Signed an executive order to close the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay within one year and ordered a task force to review the intelligence and information on each detainee and determine whether they can be released or put on trial. (Los Angeles Times)

-Signed an executive order to shut down the CIA?s networks of secret ?ghost prisons? where alleged members of al-Qaeda were held without trial and reportedly tortured. (Guardian.co.uk)

-Signed an executive order directing the CIA to follow the U.S. army field manual on interrogations, which bars such techniques as waterboarding and other forms of torture. (New York Times)

-Nullified every legal order and opinion on interrogations issued by any lawyer in the executive branch between September 11, 2001, and January 20, 2009. (Washington Post)

-Issued an executive order to lift a ban on federal funding for foreign family planning agencies that promote or give information about abortion. Aid agencies welcomed the move, saying it would promote women's health, especially in developing countries. (BBC News)

-Signed a pair of Presidential Memoranda aimed at weaning the U.S. off of foreign oil. The first memorandum directed the Department of Transportation to establish higher fuel efficiency standards for carmakers' 2011 model year. The second paved the way for California and 12 other states to raise emissions standards above national standards. (White House blog)

-Sent a message to the Arab world: Obama gave his first, formal, sit-down interview as president of the United States to al-Arabiya, a Dubai-based satellite network that broadcasts to the Middle East. (Washington Post, Time Magazine)

Doc, thats good stuff. Unfortunately thats not making the rent payment for the working person. I realize it will take longer than 14 days, it may take even a year or longer. But the bill of goods the American people are being sold isn't cutting it.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Soli, all we have heard by the LIBERAL media (everyone but Fox), is how things will change right away, and how he's not like the others. Well, meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

You always get a few knuckleheads that get sucked into the media propaganda. I prefer expert opinions, and nonpartisan reports. And recent history. First, the 350 billion thrown at the banks and credit markets? An abysmal failure. Did absolutely nothing. Now we are supposed to trust these same politicians with even more money and worse problems? I did not hide behind any economists, they seem to be industry experts, probably have master's degrees on the field. When 200 take out a full page ad in the NY Times I take notice. When every economic expert out there say the first bill is failing miserably, why should I expect this to be any different.

It was the same under Bush and his tax rebates to stimulate the economy. Every economist out there said, it won't work, a waste of money. They were right then also. Instead of qualified individuals guiding us out us the darkness we do the same ol dog and pony show with new fresh faces. Special interests and lobbyists dictate how to get us out of the mess they got us into. Change my ass, this is same ol spend us into darkness act. And the monies appear to be arriving in the wrong places, way too slowly, and are going to change nothing, except increase out debt.

I need to start a public relations/consulting business. Looks like many need it. Possible clients include:

Michael Phelps
Any bank who took Fed money and freely spend on bonuses.
The Dems
Baseball free agents

You always get a few knuckleheads that get sucked into the media propaganda. I prefer expert opinions, and nonpartisan reports. And recent history. First, the 350 billion thrown at the banks and credit markets? An abysmal failure. Did absolutely nothing. Now we are supposed to trust these same politicians with even more money and worse problems? I did not hide behind any economists, they seem to be industry experts, probably have master's degrees on the field. When 200 take out a full page ad in the NY Times I take notice. When every economic expert out there say the first bill is failing miserably, why should I expect this to be any different.

It was the same under Bush and his tax rebates to stimulate the economy. Every economist out there said, it won't work, a waste of money. They were right then also. Instead of qualified individuals guiding us out us the darkness we do the same ol dog and pony show with new fresh faces. Special interests and lobbyists dictate how to get us out of the mess they got us into. Change my ass, this is same ol spend us into darkness act. And th emonies appear to be arriving in the wrong places, way too slowly, and are going to change nothing, except increase out debt.

It did help Wal-Mart, but thats about it. In my business, we didn't even feel a ripple. The one link about the derivitives that Doc posted the other day was a great read.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Jager:

its the Jones and the Hatfields

This is why I was in Paul's corner early on .... shit .. once I saw the GOP decide to cart Grampa and Lillie Munster onto the main stage I knew we were fucked

Barack's closest advisor is CFR but the hatred I have for Palin is more than Cheney for what that bitch supports on those barbaric aerial wolve hunts in Alaska

Go read that article I posted about the Derivative Situation if ya can want to start sweating ..... this time bomb waiting to go off is gonna make 29 look tame

I dont have the link but I have the story I copied for my files .....

HOLY SHIT .... IF YOU READ IT BE SITTING DOWN WITH SOME VODKA AS THIS IS NOT PRETTY SENOR

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I need to start a public relations/consulting business. Looks like many need it. Possible clients include:

Michael Phelps
Any bank who took Fed money and freely spend on bonuses.
The Dems
Baseball free agents

Yes, that is just starting to come out now. The first 350 billion that banks glommed onto was used to give many bank employees extravagant Christmas bonuses. So much for the Americans tightening thier belts.

"The massive infusion of taxpayer money into the financial sector has largely failed to thaw the nation's credit markets, while some financial institutions used the money to pay dividends, buy other banks and pay out big year-end bonuses to employees."

Merry Christmas.

Best wishes...OF :+waving-5

BCTTWR

EOG Dedicated

Nice post frog. The empty suit has not a clue.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

BCttwr:

if Barack is an 'empty suit" .... then Bush would be what? a STRAIT JACKET?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

GOP criticism of stimulus intensifies

Monday, February 2, 2009

Mitch McConnell, Kentucky Republican, on CBS' "Face the Nation" on Sunday, said at least two of President Obama's Cabinet nominees "raise some questions about the [Obama administration's] vetting process." (Associated Press)

<!-- /inline-photo -->Republican critics have escalated their attacks on President Obama's $819 billion economic-stimulus plan, buoyed by economists' skepticism and surveys showing public support for the plan to be thin, with a plurality of Americans thinking it would not help the economy.

The Senate was expected to act this week on a bill that passed the House without a single Republican vote as the nation's unemployment rate continued to climb, the economy shrank by nearly 4 percent and the recession deepened.

A Rasmussen poll last week found that 42 percent of likely voters surveyed said they support the stimulus plan, with 39 percent opposed and 19 percent undecided. Two weeks ago, 45 percent gave their support and 34 percent were opposed. Both polls have a margin of error of three percentage points.

"Liberal voters overwhelmingly support the plan, while conservatives are strongly opposed," Rasmussen said last week. Seventy-four percent of Democrats favored the bill, compared with just 18 percent of Republicans.

"However, support among unaffiliated voters has fallen. A week ago, unaffiliateds were evenly divided on the plan, with 37 percent in favor and 36 percent opposed. Now, 50 percent of unaffiliated voters oppose the plan, while only 27 percent favor it," the polling organization said.

The findings were reinforced by an Opinion Dynamics poll of 900 registered voters for Fox News conducted last week that showed less that less than half of Americans feel the stimulus plan will bring positive results. Forty-five percent of respondents said Mr. Obama's plans will help the economy, 29 percent said it would not make any difference and 18 percent said it would hurt the economy.

The same poll found that a majority of Americans have little faith in Congress to deal with the recession successfully.

"Just 27 percent of Americans think elected officials in Washington are part of the solution when it comes to improving the economy, while 61 percent think they are part of the problem," the Fox poll said.

Mr. Obama's stimulus plan already has been taking a beating from congressional Republicans and free-market economists.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell of Kentucky said Sunday on CBS' "Face the Nation" that bill may not pass unless it focuses more on tax cuts and housing issues.

"I think it may be time ... for the president to kind of get a hold of these Democrats in the Senate and the House, who have rather significant majorities, and shake them a little bit and say, 'Look, let's do this the right way,' " Mr. McConnell said. "I can't believe that the president isn't embarrassed about the products that have been produced so far."

Sen. Jon Kyl, Arizona Republican, said on "Fox News Sunday" the bill is losing support, and lawmakers may want to start fresh.

"When I say start from scratch, what I mean is that the basic approach of this bill, we believe, is wrong," said Mr. Kyl, pointing to the bill's planned tax rebate that even go to those who didn't pay taxes and the distribution of too much money to the states.

Critics also say the infrastructure-spending approach that is at the core of the stimulus bill is a notoriously slow process to get money into the economy. The Congressional Budget Office and Congress's Joint Committee on Taxation estimate that only $170 billion of the $819 billion package will get spent in 2009 because of the usual delays getting the funds into the spending pipeline.

"Some of the longer-term projects proposed are quite worthy; some are not. Either way, they are not stimulus," economist Larry Lindsey wrote in a column for the Wall Street Journal on Thursday.

Democrats have defended the bill, pointing to the negative outlook for the nation's economy.

"We cannot delay this," said Sen. Richard J. Durbin, Illinois Democrat, on "Fox News Sunday." "We can't engage in the old political rhetoric of saying, 'Well, maybe it could be a little bit better here and a little bit better there.' We've got to pull together."

Sen. Claire McCaskell, Missouri Democrat, was more pointed in her criticism.

"Whether it is the National Endowment of the Arts or some of the [sexually transmitted disease treatment] funding or contraceptive funding, all we did was just tee up ammunition for the other side to tear this thing down," she told the Huffingtonpost.com on Friday. "And I would like to think we are smarter than that. I'm hopeful on the Senate side we will be smarter than that."

"There has been such a starvation diet for some of these programs that the appropriators got a little over-anxious in the House. They probably did some things they shouldn't have," she said.

This article sums it up nicely. And doc remember how you said the American public overwhelmingly supports this bill? I do. They do not, and it is slipping into darkness. The proponents say, we have to hurry, we need it now. But the opponents say it is terribly flawed, won't go to where it is needed, and will sink us into worst debt ever. I agree with them. We need infrastructure spending, give people jobs, and permenant improvements to our failing economic model. This is more like putting a band aid laced with bacteria over a gaping wound, bleeding profusely. There is a good chance this bill is so cluttered with pork and other useless shit it gets killed and totally rewritten. Support is slippin into darkness.

Please mark my tally under the 50% of unaffiliated voters. And with the 61% thinking Capitol Hill can't deal with the problem, because they are the problem.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I don't recall McConnell protesting George Bush's running up our deficit to 11 trillion dollars or stuffing the coffers of Haliburton and Blackwater ...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I don't recall McConnell protesting George Bush's running up our deficit to 11 trillion dollars or stuffing the coffers of Haliburton and Blackwater ...

That's great doc. How is this stimulus bill going to workout? How is the overwhelming support of Americans doing?