Obvious palpable error makes the news

http://newjersey.news12.com/story/39...-out-large-bet

If shit like this,a complete non story is making headlines and has social media running riot.
Its going to be a long time before sports betting,any betting is socially accepted.

Dinks ex sidekick Wellman thinks the book is culpable...jfc

How is the army of sharps marching to Hills to burn it down after being kicked out working out btw,any update ?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
ManchesterUk;n7455958 said:
http://newjersey.news12.com/story/39...-out-large-bet

If shit like this,a complete non story is making headlines and has social media running riot.
Its going to be a long time before sports betting,any betting is socially accepted.

Dinks ex sidekick Wellman thinks the book is culpable...jfc

How is the army of sharps marching to Hills to burn it down after being kicked out working out btw,any update ?

I think the Book should pay it, and publicize it that "we book it, we pay it". The good publicity they'll get from it in the long run will more than offset the $80,000 this error will cost them.
Good to see you back posting Manchy.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
TheGuesser;n7456034 said:
I think the Book should pay it, and publicize it that "we book it, we pay it". The good publicity they'll get from it in the long run will more than offset the $80,000 this error will cost them.

Would give shot takers carte Blanche.....there are hundreds and hundreds out there hanging out just to find a bad line.....this was an obvious mistake....

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Viejo Dinosaur;n7456037 said:
Would give shot takers carte Blanche.....there are hundreds and hundreds out there hanging out just to find a bad line.....this was an obvious mistake....

Yes it was. What would happen if this was Vegas? You know how you stop "shot takers"? Make sure of your lines and your system.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Viejo Dinosaur;n7456048 said:
Vegas would not have paid him.....but you are correct about shops taking some responsibility....

Are you sure. I'm seeing some folks claim there is precedent for this in Nevada, and that they pay all tickets as written, and have given examples of when this has happened previously. Not this bad an error, though, but I don't know if a bad line law is on the Books in Nevada gaming law.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Viejo Dinosaur;n7456048 said:
Vegas would not have paid him.....but you are correct about shops taking some responsibility....

AbsolutVodka is correct. This ticket 100% gets paid in Nevada. Tickets go as written... this has been settled precedent in Nevada for decades.

I remember several years ago when a book (I think Golden Nugget) posted LSU +33.5 (should have been -33.5) vs. LA-Lafayette. It was up for several hours and many sharps got limit bets at that number before it was caught. Gaming made them pay. They then of course kicked out literally every single person who bet it, sharp or not.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
ejd_5277;n7456113 said:
AbsolutVodka is correct. This ticket 100% gets paid in Nevada. Tickets go as written... this has been settled precedent in Nevada for decades.

I remember several years ago when a book (I think Golden Nugget) posted LSU +33.5 (should have been -33.5) vs. LA-Lafayette. It was up for several hours and many sharps got limit bets at that number before it was caught. Gaming made them pay. They then of course kicked out literally every single person who bet it, sharp or not.

Then what gives the books the right to cancel parlay cards....been done numerous times....

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Viejo Dinosaur;n7456128 said:
Then what gives the books the right to cancel parlay cards....been done numerous times....

Not after the funds have been exchanged and the ticket printed, they can’t.

they DO have the right to remove certain plays off the cards, but all tickets booked before removal of said play(s) still have action.

Reactions: Bfo

Bfo

EOG Addicted
Viejo Dinosaur;n7456128 said:

Never cancelled one or saw one cancelled after it went through when I was working.

Saw plenty refused though. I hated the jerkoffs that would key 2 or 3 weak numbers then round robin them with 5 or 6 other games hoping to hit big. I would let them sit there for an hour filling out a hundred of them then when they came up to the window I would tell them to pick 5 out and shitcan the rest as that’s all they were getting.

Seriously though I think so many people on these sites are so inured to offshore that they don’t realize it’s not that way everywhere. If you bet into an obviously bad number in Las Vegas you’re going to get paid, you may get booted immediately afterward but you will get paid.

My rule use of thumb was this, if you see an obviously bad number feel free to bet it for the limit, as long as you don’t try to double pop it and let me know after you play it that we hung a bad one everything is fine. Almost no place in Vegas is going to boot you if you play by the unwritten rules.

railbird

EOG Master
TheGuesser;n7456034 said:

there is more than 1 ticket, ive heard there is 5 or 6 people that are owed large money on the error

Good info Eddie,BFO
So in NV once written bet stands,cheers

Nobody is owned anything birdie,you sound like a dfs nerd trying to talk about something he has no clue about