OT: If you were on a date- would you pull out a coupon to pay for dinner?

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
+EV subject

Doug brought up an interesting question in another thread.

What would be the reason NOT to pull out the coupon? Because the broad you're on a date with might think less of you for wanting to save money? Doesn't this say more about her than you?

Obviously, ttwarrior pulling out a 2-for-1 Big Mac coupon @ McDonald's is tacky, but isn't this a little different? You could be saving at least $20 here... times are tight...

Maybe I'm wrong.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Re: OT: If you were on a date- would you pull out a coupon to pay for dinner?

1st date, maybe not a good thing, if any stigma is attached by either party it is not good. Any dates thereafter, easily call and say, hey, I got a great deal, at that time either it's a good thing or a not so good thing.

Here's what you do....
If she has a conscience, she would offer to pay after the first date. With that invitation, she will ask you where you would like to go. You can say "let's try [restaurant name here], I've never been there before," then offer her to use your coupon. Chicks love 2-for-1 coupons, even if they have to pay 3-to-1 to use them.

It's that extra X chromosome that I will never understand.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

If u pull out a coupon on a date u deserve to get no pussay whatsoever

This gave me another one of my good ideas. You pull out the coupon, but on the back you've already written in pen that it entitles you to one free blowjob from ____(insert date's name here)___, redeemable at your discretion. Hand it to your date and say "huh, would you look at that? It appears this coupon is good both here and with you later." Now how's that for +EV? :cheers

It's these type of thoughts that kept me out of the really good law schools.

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

never pull out a coupon on the first date, first impressions tend to stick and she might think you are a cheapass...If you want to use a coupon on a 1st date somehow try to corner the waiter when you are "using the restroom" and give the coupon then and tell him if he mentions anything about it no gratuity..end thread

I never use coupons, but i would say dont do it if you want a second date.

bumpy

EOG Veteran

Screw it, I'm married and don't really need a second date

nomamesguey

EOG Senior Member

I dont really use coupons muc but just do what you would do normally

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

YOu talk to the waiter before hand and explain you dont want to show the coupon in front of your date and he will say "i;ll take care of it"

Problem solved.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I always knew FK had some brains in that inflated Yankee head of his. :yay

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I haven't been on a first date in years, and never use coupons anyway.

But I'd have no problem using one. If a girl has a problem with it she's a girl I don't want to be with. Girls end up spending all your money anyway, being able to use a coupon is like getting -105 when the rest of 'em are -110...

JAKEPEAVY21

EOG Dedicated

YOu talk to the waiter before hand and explain you dont want to show the coupon in front of your date and he will say "i;ll take care of it"

Problem solved.

exactly what I said, thanks for coming out

no chance in Hell I'd be pulling out restaurant.com certificates on a 1st date, different story when you are married.

coupons and such just wont work well early on. Take her out on a restaurant.com certificate, you ain't getting laid !

Problem solved.

a reasonable alternative.

I always picture the Julius character from Everybody hates Chris when coupons are brought up.

On the show he was always cheap as shit with coupons and such.

The actor ( Terry Crews) is a big black man, played a few seasons in the NFL, great show narrated by Chris Rock.

Funny shit with the huge black guy and his coupons, way under-rated show !

Miners26

EOG Veteran

I would use it, she isn't not going to sleep with you because of just that... she still got a free meal and she knows by first look if she is hooking up with you, so might as well save some coin and use it.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Problem solved.

Good idea. If you want to quietly slip it to the waiter you can do it but overall I say "NO". What little you gain would be lost and more if she finds out. First Date - NOOOOOOOOOOOOO - under 1 circumstance only - mentioned below. But if you hit it off and you are going to extend the night somehow in (Movies/Dancing) suck it up and don't use it. If we are talking like 4th date when you are almost a couple or might even be - use it - that is fine

EXCEPTION IS...............

If the date is going Bad and it is VERY obvious there won't be a 2nd Date - Then USE IT! Who cares what she says or thinks - she will be out of your life in minutes so if she thinks you are Cheap S.o.B. - who cares - in minutes you are gonna DTB: Dump That Bitch

I would use it, she isn't not going to sleep with you because of just that... she still got a free meal and she knows by first look if she is hooking up with you, so might as well save some coin and use it.

I agree with this. Chick has made the pussy decision early on. She's going to do you or not. If you have to bring out the cocaine and such, then you may as well just buy a prostitute.

still coupons and first dates are just tacky....I'm not pulling out a restaurant.com certificate on a first date unless she is like a coupon clipping queen that I met on a coupon forum. I just can't pull coupons on a 1st date. I'm 10 years married, been awhile since I had a 1st date.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I agree with this. Chick has made the pussy decision early on. She's going to do you or not. If you have to bring out the cocaine and such, then you may as well just buy a prostitute.

still coupons and first dates are just tacky....I'm not pulling out a restaurant.com certificate on a first date unless she is like a coupon clipping queen that I met on a coupon forum. I just can't pull coupons on a 1st date. I'm 10 years married, been awhile since I had a 1st date.

i'd love to see what your wife's reply would be asking her what she would have done if you pulled out a coupon on your first date. that would be interesting

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

I've never used a coupon in my life at a restaurant or any other place you'd go on a date. I've never used a coupon at a grocery store. The only places I use credit or coupons is at stores (not grocery related) or online.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i'd love to see what your wife's reply would be asking her what she would have done if you pulled out a coupon on your first date. that would be interesting

im sure his wife got lost heading back to the car from inside the Mcd's they were in, she wouldnt have cared regardless

she probably would have been OK with it she is kind of tight and the child of Depression era parents ( me too), not really a typical person for this as she is 55 yo ( I'm 47). I don't feel like asking her this but it might have worked in this case....but I'd never do it on a 1st date in any case....I just can't pull out coupons on a 1st date

Do you take dates on your restaurant evaluation gigs ?

im sure his wife got lost heading back to the car from inside the Mcd's they were in, she wouldnt have cared regardless

pure class, Fuckman !

I guess you might some kind of half-ass moderator ? Maybe I get a 7 day ban because you insulted me first ?

Executive Contest Coordinator

whatever that is....

Tuckman

Uh Poster

So maybe i should censor everything u say worse about her? :blink:

Was a joke, no need to get nutso over it..

OK lets drop it and be cool ?

maybe I over-reacted ?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

maybe I over-reacted ?

understatement, was only messing with you on something u say constantly about her..

I guess we agree to drop this matter ?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Do you take dates on your restaurant evaluation gigs ?

NO WAY! When I go I have to focus on everything going on. I need to look for many things in a non-chalant and not obvious way. Hard to be with someone, look in her eye and ready to tell her how much I love her only to say, "Wait a second - I need to know what time the server delivered the main course". I do have fun there but always take family or friends when I go. I like being able to talk one/both my parents some place nice to eat and not have them pay for it and for me to "treat them". Nicest place I ever did was Roy's/Fleming's/Ruths Chris but haven't done either of the last 2 in 12+ months and no longer do Ruths.

It's one thing to be cheap and it's another thing to be frugal. Groupons and the like are so ubiquitous now that I wonder if there's even much of a stigma attached to them. I have plenty of friends who are reasonably well off and we all use Groupons all the time.