Padres' Paddack sent to Single A

Valuist

EOG Master
Innings concern on Paddack. If you bet a San Diego season win total over thinking he'd pitch 150 or more innings, that is not going to happen.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The reason he was sent to Single-A is because that team is in Lake Elsinore - a very short drive up the 15 from San Diego. This way Padres management can make the short drive to see him pitch and when he gets called back up the commute will also be a short one

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The reason he was sent to Single-A is because that team is in Lake Elsinore - a very short drive up the 15 from San Diego. This way Padres management can make the short drive to see him pitch and when he gets called back up the commute will also be a short one
Makes a lot of sense. The Cubs send their players to Single-A South Bend instead of AAA Iowa, much closer.

Valuist

EOG Master

I probably should've just said minors but the point is still the same. Don't expect too many more innings from him this season at Petco.

Heim

EOG Master
He didn't pitch that bad Tuesday and Pads were well bet late.....I can only surmise what the Pad broadcast team was saying
was correct, opposition have figured him (tipping pitches). Too bad.....was looking to fade him next few starts.

Valuist

EOG Master
The rest of the story......Paddack never thru a pitch for any of the minor league teams. It was just done to limit service time. He came back and started for the Padres in Pittsburgh on Saturday.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Ignore his ERA, this guy starting today, Lamet, has a chance to be real good too.

Just needs to improve his control.

It's 0-0 bottom of 1st, Lamet hasn't thrown a pitch yet but I played FF U4- today in this game.