Paul Goldschmidt traded to the St. Louis Cardinals

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
My guess is you will see a price of at least -500 on the Dodgers to win the West once the fire sale in AZ is done

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Where does Goldschmidt rank on the list of all-time favorite players in D-backs history?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Where does Goldschmidt rank on the list of all-time favorite players in D-backs history?

Favorite - or Best?

Favorite: Mark Grace has to be on the list. He started the 9th inning rally in G7 of the 2001 WS. If he doesn't lead off the inning by getting on base odds are the Evil Empire sins it instead of the Snakes.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Favorite - or Best?

Favorite: Mark Grace has to be on the list. He started the 9th inning rally in G7 of the 2001 WS. If he doesn't lead off the inning by getting on base odds are the Evil Empire sins it instead of the Snakes.

Good memory, Wink.

Sharp single up the middle.

After his playing days, Grace earned more love from the D-back faithful as a team broadcaster.

He quit his post after the 2012 MLB season but returned in 2017.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Freeing up money for Harper.... Maybe

NO WAY! If they are also trying to unload Grinke and already lost Corbin they are going the other direction. I thought all along Harper would sign with the Phillies and still do

kane

EOG master
NO WAY! If they are also trying to unload Grinke and already lost Corbin they are going the other direction. I thought all along Harper would sign with the Phillies and still do

I agree, it makes no sense to gut your team just to sign Harper, Goldy is set to become a FA, the DBacks know they can't afford him so they moved him now, I'd be shocked to see Harper land there

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Sol, how do the diehard D-back fans feel about the trade of Goldy and re-build strategy?

Square fans are devastated.

Us sharp fans see the big picture and know it needed to happen.

Goldy signed a very team friendly contract that is soon to expire. He has been underpaid for years.

He never once griped about it. He just went out there every season and was a pro. The most unassuming superstar you would ever encounter.

He deserves a big pay day. Arizona is just not in a position financially to give it to him. Both sides knew that. This was a very amicable separation.

My bet is Goldy will be back in AZ some day. Either to finish his career or in the front office.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Personally I will miss watching him play. My favorite D-Back of all-time.

Great hitter. Played a great first base. Humble. Doesn't get any better for me. He will be in the HOF.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
If it wasnt the end debating money in baseball, Corbin contract especially from a team who had a couple of the best pitchers in baseball in Strasburg and Scherzer completely takes the cake. Most laughable shit I have seen in baseball.