(PHIL MICKELSON AND HIS WIFES CANCER)

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
BOYS MAYBE I AM NOT LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD BUT WHEN I WAS WORKING AS A UNION IRONWORKER IF SOMEBODY IN YOUR FAMILY GOT SICK YOU STILL HAD TO GO TO WORK OR YOU DIDNT GET PAID OR HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE.I THINK ITS GREAT THAT PHIL CAN TAKE TIME OFF AND TAKE CARE OF HIS WIFE BUT WHEN I HEARD A LOCAL RADIO PERSONALITY SAY THE OTHER DAY WOULDNT ANY HUSBAND TAKE TIME OFF AND BE WITH HIS WIFE.:+clueless IF YOU LOVED YOUR WIFE YOU HAVE TO GO TO WORK WHERE I LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD I KNOW ITS HARD BUT THESE ARE THE COLD FACTS IF YOU DONT WORK IN CONSTRUCTION YOU DONT GET PAID AND IF YOUR NOT GETTING PAID YOU DONT RECIEVE HEALTH INSURANCE SO I TOOK OFFENSE TO THE RADIO GUY SAYING ALL GUYS WOULD TAKE TIME OFF AND BE WITH THERE WIVES THATS JUST NOT TRUE WITH REAL BLUE COLLAR JOBS.

I REMEMBER WORKING WITH A GUY WHOS DAUGHTER WAS TOLD SHE HAD CANCER IT KILLED THIS GUY TO BE WORKING AND NOT WITH HIS FAMILY BUT IN THE REAL WORLD HE DIDNT HAVE A CHOICE (NO WORK NO PAY).I REMEMBER WE TOOK UP A COLLECTION FOR THE GUY AND RAISED ABOUT 500 DOLLARS THE GUY WAS ALMOST IN TEARS THATS THE REAL WORLD BOYS NOT PHIL MICKELSON TAKING TIME OFF BECAUSE IF HE PLAYS HIS IMAGE WILL CHANGE BECAUSE HE ISNT WITH HIS WIFE.

BOYS I GUESS MY POINT IS HOW MANY PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM COULD TAKE TIME OFF FROM THERE JOB IF THERE SPOUSE WAS SICK.I WOULD SAY LESS THAN 20% COULD SO LETS NOT MAKE PHIL MICKELSON OUT TO BE SOME KIND OF HERO BECAUSE HE TOOK TIME OFF TO BE WITH HIS SICK WIFE WE ALL WISH WE COULD AFFORD TO BE THAT FORTUNATE.:finger004

BCEAGLE1996

EOG Senior Member
Re: (PHIL MICKELSON AND HIS WIFES CANCER)

for me , its a balance - good get some time - like 1 week or so but no more than that.

I would take the time to be with my wife. And we are paycheck to paycheck kind of people.

If I had to, I'd move back in with the parents or inlaws and get on state assistance for a few months. Family of 4 in AZ with no work gets approx. $650 in food stamps and free health care. No premiums, no co-pays. I think if you jump through hoops you can even get cash assistance for about $300 a month.

Screw my credit. It takes a while to lose a house to foreclosure. I'd stop paying the mortgage for 6 months. As for the job, I would expect you get time off for this sort of thing. Even if not, I would seriously hope that I'd have my job back when and if I wanted it (within reason but 6 months no problem).

The difference between BTJ and Phil Mickelson: MILLIONS.

Us folk in the under 250k/yr have to work. People in the 25 Million a year don't have to. They have more choices. Just a cut and dry deal.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Family is first...fuck the job...

If you are a good employee, the job will always be there...

Phil is fortunate not having to make the choice...

BCEAGLE1996

EOG Senior Member

AA - Excellent point - people have to live - if you cant pay for the care and then are finanically ruined then what life do you have anyway...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

A good boss takes care of his employees...

A bad boss is the reason unions exist...

Been very fortunate to have alot of good boss's in my time...

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated

You can support the people you love and still work. Sitting by someones bedside is not going to improve their health.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

You can support the people you love and still work. Sitting by someones bedside is not going to improve their health.

Its called home care.

You take care of your loved one when you are at home than a nurse comes in to take over when you are at work. Insurance covers that and in fact thats what the insurance company, hospitals and nursing homes prefer you do.

The only problem with home care is you have to call those god damn medical vans in the middle of the night to take your loved one for emercency medical care. Its a pain in the ass to hear those sirens in the middle of the night if you live next to them. Some neighbors would wish they die already.

massacre

EOG Member

Phil Mickelson has the money to stay home and take care of his wife. Who wouldn't do the same thing if given the chance??? I think it's great to see a professional golfer with priorities. Family first. Golf second. Even a retired guy like myself will have a tough time paying for expenses, but if I had his money the choice would have been the same. Good job Phil. VD brought up a good point on Unions.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

PHIL MICKELSON IS GOING TO BE LOOKED AT LIKE A HERO FOR TAKING TIME OFF FROM THE TOUR TO BE WITH HIS WIFE.WHEN A GUY WHO LIVES WEEK TO WEEK THE REAL HEROS HAVE NO OPTION THEY HAVE TO WORK OR THEY DONT GET PAID AND THEY DONT HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE FOR THERE WIVES.PHIL MICKELSON ISNT A HERO HE IS A PHONY F-CK BEING MADE OUT A HERO BY THE MEDIA.I STILL COULDNT BELIEVE THE LOCAL RADIO GUY SAYING ANYBODY WOULD TAKE TIME OFF FROM WORK TO BE WITH THERE WIFE SORRY BUDDY MOST PEOPLE DONT HAVE AN OPTION ONLY IN FANTASY LAND.

WHEN I WAS IN THE UNION YOUR BOSS HATED YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE A UNION GUY AND THEY WERE MANAGEMENT GUYS THEY WOULD CALL THE UNION GUYS LAZY AND SLOW THEY COULDNT WAIT TI LAY YOU OFF.AS A MATTER OF FACT IF I DIDNT WORK DOWNTOWN BOSTON AND BELONG TO A UNION ALL THE WORK WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE WITH NON UNION LABOR.SO IF A GUY WENT TO A BOSS ON A WORKSITE IN THE IRONWORKERS UNION AND TOLD THE GUY HE HAS TO LEAVER THE JOB TO BE WITH HIS SICK WIFE HE WOULD BE REPLACED TOMORROW BY ANOTHER GUY AND THE GUY WHO LEFT WOULD MAYBE GET UNEMPLOYMENT IF HE WAS LUCKY BUT NO HEALTH INSURANCE SO GUYS HAVE TO STAY WORKING.

I JUST THINK YOUR SENDING THE WRONG MESSAGE TO MAKE PHIL MICKELSON OUT TO BE A HERO BECAUSE HE TOOK TIME OFF TO BE WITH HIS WIFE MOST PEOPLE CANT 2938u4ji23

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

VD IS FULL OF SHIT IN MY UNION THEY DONT GIVE A F-CK ABOUT YOU OR YOUR FAMILY YOUR BEING PAID BY THE COMPANY YOU WORK FOR NOT THE UNION.

THE UNION SENDS YOU OUT TO WORK ON A JOB AFTER THAT YOUR ON YOUR OWN IF YOU GET LAID OFF TOUGH SHIT PUT YOUR NAME ON THE LIST AT THE UNION HALL AND HOPE YOU GET A CALL BACK IN 5 MONTHS THATS ALL YOU CAN DO.THATS HOW THE BUILDING TRADES UNIONS WORK I KNOW I AM A MEMBER.

NO COMPANY IN THE IRONWORKERS UNION WOULD ALLOW YOU TO GET PAID IF YOUR NOT WORKING YOU GET PAID BY THE HOURS YOU WORK.NO HOURS WORKED ,NO PAY

massacre

EOG Member

BTJ you sound like a guy who is not so happy with your life.

Mickelson can be a hero to some. What does it matter?

He is a gifted golfer who has a chance to stay off the tour to take care of his wife. Yeah, he is lucky.

Anyway, if you knew anything about him you would know he has always been a family guy. This is a direction you would expect from him no matter how the media wants to play it up. I'm sure you would try to move time around from work or your day off to coordinate treatment, ect. with your wife. That makes you a hero to your wife and honestly that's all that fucking matters in this short life.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

I AM VERY HAPPY BUT I DEAL IN REALITY.PHIL MICKELSON IS GOING TO BE PORTRAYED AS A GREAT AMERICAN WHO TOOK CARE OF HIS WIFE AND GAVE UP HIS CAREER DOING IT.THATS NOT FAIR FOR THE AVERAGE GUY WHO HAS TO WORK TO LISTEN TO THAT BULLSHIT.WE ALL KNOW ANY PERSON MALE OR FEMALE WOULD LOVE TO BE ABLE TO STAY HOME AND CARE FOR A SICK RELATIVE BUT THATS NOT THE REALITY OF THE REAL WORLD.

IT JUST PISSES ME OFF IN TWO WEEKS WHEN THEY HAVE THE U.S OPEN PHIL MICKELSONS NAME WILL BE MENTIONED AS A HERO WHO LOVES HIS WIFE WELL HOW DO YOU THINK THATS GOING TO MAKE ALL THE GUYS WATCHING WHOSE WIFES ARE BATTLING BREAST CANCER BUT THEY HAVE TO GO OUT AND WORK THERE ASSES OFF SO SHE CAN GET HEALTH INSURANCE TO KEEP HER ALIVE.

I JUST WISH CBS WOULD NOT EVEN SAY A WORD ABOUT PHIL MICKELSON AND HIS WIFES HEALTH BUT WE ALL KNOW THIS IS GOING TO BECOME THE WHOLE STORY.YOU WILL SEE WHAT I AM SAYING WHEN THE U.S. OPEN BEGINS THEN YOUR GOING TO SAY YOU KNOW SOMETHING BEANTOWNJIM WAS RIGHT AGAIN

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

SO MUCH FOR PHIL CARING ABOUT HIS WIFE HE IS PLAYING THIS WEEK AND THE U.S. OPEN :+clueless

MAYBE HE HAD TO RETURN TO WORK SO HIS WIFE WOULD BE COVERED FOR INSURANCE LIKE THE AVERAGE GUY WOULD HAVE HAD TO DO IF HIS WIFE GETS SICK.

I AM GLAD AMY MICKELSON IS DOING BETTER BUT LETS NOT FORGET THE AVERAGE GUY CANT STOP WORKING HE HAS TO PROVIDE INSURANCE FOR HIS FAMILY AND THAT COMES ONLY FROM WORKING

Cannon

Banned

THE AVERAGE GUY CANT STOP WORKING HE HAS TO PROVIDE INSURANCE FOR HIS FAMILY AND THAT COMES ONLY FROM WORKING

Since you don't have a job I would guess you are not average.

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

Jeem-I had no idea you were a union brother.When did you give up your book & why?

massacre

EOG Member

SO MUCH FOR PHIL CARING ABOUT HIS WIFE HE IS PLAYING THIS WEEK AND THE U.S. OPEN :+clueless

MAYBE HE HAD TO RETURN TO WORK SO HIS WIFE WOULD BE COVERED FOR INSURANCE LIKE THE AVERAGE GUY WOULD HAVE HAD TO DO IF HIS WIFE GETS SICK.

I AM GLAD AMY MICKELSON IS DOING BETTER BUT LETS NOT FORGET THE AVERAGE GUY CANT STOP WORKING HE HAS TO PROVIDE INSURANCE FOR HIS FAMILY AND THAT COMES ONLY FROM WORKING

At least your a consistent hater. First you bash the guy for not playing then you bash him for playing the Open. You should also be happy he missed a chance to defend his Colonial Championship last week. No doubt you are.

Your right, the average guy can't stop working and the wealthy can. Get over it and relax.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

the point has entirely been missed

he is an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR whom may do whatever he pleases with his time...whether his wife has cancer or not..i do not think he is being painted as a hero....anybody who had the flexibility of their job would take time out for a wife who has cancer

snowtime

EOG Enthusiast

Phil's got most current consecutive major starts up to date with 20 and it's in jeopardy if he's not teeing up in US Open.