Phillies died of brain cancer because of Vet Stadium turf

Valuist

EOG Master
I didn't realize there were 6 that died from it. I always thought it was the radar guns, which have been linked to brain cancer in police officers, baseball players and tennis players.

That turf was notoriously bad to play on. Mike Schmidt played on it for many years. I remember Bears WR Wendell Davis blew out BOTH his ACL's on it.

Valuist

EOG Master
This NYT article makes reference to the artificial surface, but at that point, they said scientists didn't have evidence to support that (at that point, which was 2017).

Kansas City also has had some cases as well, and they had an artificial surface in the 70s and 80s. It's mostly been pitchers and catchers, so I still think the radar guns played a big role.

It's a horrible disease. I see it first hand as my wife has it. They gave her 1 year and she's made it over 4 years to this point.

Bushay

NHL Expert
More whacko, conservative, right wing, Qanon conspiracies from this nut job. Never any facts. Just open ended Tucker Carlson type questions without any logical answers like why didn’t the other tens of thousands of other Phillies or opponents experience this same fate.
Because it’s all bullshit is why.

Valuist

EOG Master
More whacko, conservative, right wing, Qanon conspiracies from this nut job. Never any facts. Just open ended Tucker Carlson type questions without any logical answers like why didn’t the other tens of thousands of other Phillies or opponents experience this same fate.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Once again.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'm with Bushay on this. Ironically, he is probably on the climate change side which is the same noncents.

Heim

EOG Master
I didn't read it in the article but if I'm not mistaken, Monsanto produced the artificial turf back then. Monsanto who also produced the weed killer linked to cancer Roundup.

This is what's wrong with society and it's sheeple today. Things like basic math and common sense seem to be anything but, what's even scarier is these people get to vote.

I'm guessing there were less than 500 players that even played for the Phillies during that time and probably only a quarter of those played any significant time there. It doesn't take a genius to figure out why opponents only playing on the field maybe 10 times a year or fewer wouldn't experience the same fate as guys playing half of a 162 game schedule year after year but here we are. *Sigh

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
qanon is a cia promoted psyop, no right wingers or christians follow it

Bushay

NHL Expert
qanon is a cia promoted psyop, no right wingers or christians follow it
We all love those alternative facts. Keep um coming.

Where do you buy your tin hats? Just curious.

They all live in their own little alternative world.

I can't get in. I don't know the secret handshake.

railbird

EOG Master
We all love those alternative facts. Keep um coming.

Where do you buy your tin hats? Just curious.

They all live in their own little alternative world.

I can't get in. I don't know the secret handshake.
just make sure you are in lockstep with winkyduck and rachel maddow. your parents must be proud

Bushay

NHL Expert
I remember this making some news a few years ago, but went away. Maybe some new stuff has come out.
Yes, more than likely some far-right extremist podcast Rail worships dug this dead story up from the ruins and regurgitated it up to spread among the nut cases who believe in every conspiracy put before them. JFK is still alive, the government conducted 911, the Holocaust never happened and Trump won the last election. Anyone with a shred of common sense knows better and is not easily fooled by these snake oil salesmen.

1678815802267.png

Bushay

NHL Expert
I received a call late last night from a customer who lost their firestick remote and asked for my help in downloading an app allowing him to watch till he found his remote. He was recently diagnosed with some form of cancer and had just completed a round of chemo. It was like talking to 2 different people after he finished his chemo. He sounded out of his mind, much like the OP who started not only this but many nonsensical threads here at EOG. Cancer sucks.

railbird

EOG Master
I received a call late last night from a customer who lost their firestick remote and asked for my help in downloading an app allowing him to watch till he found his remote. He was recently diagnosed with some form of cancer and had just completed a round of chemo. It was like talking to 2 different people after he finished his chemo. He sounded out of his mind, much like the OP who started not only this but many nonsensical threads here at EOG. Cancer sucks.
i never did chemo, i did immunotherapy