Phillies rookie Scott Kingery

Valuist

EOG Master
Re: Phillies rookie Scott Kingery

I'm not buying into Kapler as a manager. Pulling Nola after 68 pitches? Bringing in a reliever who hadn't even warmed up? I want to see the look on Arrieta's face when Kapler goes to remove him simply because the leadoff hitter is coming up for the 3rd time.

It's still early but Kingery already has 12 RBI's- 9 XBH's and has already played 5 different positions

Chi_Dorothy

EOG Dedicated

Really surprised Kingery would take the quick safe $ there.

feel like i've seen a handful of reports of teams offering guys with zero service time contracts and they've all been turned down in recent years. I think Pirates had more than a couple. They for sure were offering alot of guys in year 1 or 2 of control contracts. With poor results outside of McCutchen

Chi_Dorothy

EOG Dedicated

[FONT=&quot]https://www.si.com/mlb/strike-zone/2014/05/07/gregory-polanco-contract-offer-pittsburgh-pirates

It's no surprise that, in the last few years, teams are attempting to sign their young stars to long-term contracts earlier and earlier in their careers. After all, the earlier a team approaches a player about an extension, the logic goes, the more leverage that team has. And after 30-plus years, teams have finally figured out how to leverage the remaining vestige of the reserve clause: Those six team-controlled years.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]That reasoning reached its logical extreme last September, when the Astrosoffered outfield prospect George Springer a seven-year, $23 million contract after a dominant performance at Triple-A but before his major league debut. The Pirates recently made a similar overture to their own outfield prospect, Gregory Polanco, offering him a seven-year, $25 million contract with three club options. However, both players declined.[/FONT]

Chi_Dorothy

EOG Dedicated

MIAMI, Florida (Reuters) - Tampa Bay Rays rookie third baseman Evan Longoria has signed a nine-year contract with the American League team, the longest in franchise history, the club said on Friday.

Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria drops a ball for an error during the eighth inning of their game against the New York Yankees in St. Petersburg, Florida April 14, 2008. REUTERS/Scott Audette

The 22-year-old Longoria, a highly touted hitter and fielder who was promoted from Triple-A Durham last week, may earn more than $44 million over the life of the contract.
The contract was constructed to ensure Longoria a salary higher than the minimum in his early years, and a discount to the team in later years when Longoria could command more money via arbitration.

“This is obviously fairly unique,” club vice president Andrew Friedman told Web site mlb.com. “But it was something both sides had interest in really exploring and talking about.