Pinstripe Bowl

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Miami (Fl) currently -3.5 and 47.5 and BetDSI.

Coan is a true sophomore quarterback who replaced starter Alex Hornibrook (concussions).

They will burn Coan's redshirt to play in this game.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
This game is all about Miami’s motivation. Was hoping for a cold and blustery day but won’t get it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Manny Diaz will coach the defense for Miami in the Pinstripe Bowl.

He's the new head coach at Temple but he will on the sidelines at Yankee Stadium serving as Miami's defensive coordinator one last time.

Diaz founded "The Turnover Chain."

Bigrunner

EOG Master

He's the new head coach at Temple but he will on the sidelines at Yankee Stadium serving as Miami's defensive coordinator one last time.

Did you see the ESPN special about the Hurricane DB who got hit with friendly fire while covering on a kickoff. Bad neck injury that ended his career. The kid has a graphic arts background and is now in charge of designing the turnover chain and custody of it. He is also a student coach. The kid was having a great career at the U up until the career ending injury.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Kickoff teams have been a slaughterhouse for years. The list of injuries, many career ending, is remarkable.

Down here we lost a RB with great potential with a career ender as he was returning kick-offs......

A long time ago but the 2nd guessing was certainly justified.

NFL adjusted some rules in response to this threat.

kane

EOG master
This game is all about Miami’s motivation. Was hoping for a cold and blustery day but won’t get it.

FW, I can tell you the Canes will absolutely be motivated, they remember last year's bowl loss against Wisconsin. I don't have much opinion on the game, maybe a slight lean to the under

kane

EOG master
Kickoff teams have been a slaughterhouse for years. The list of injuries, many career ending, is remarkable.

Down here we lost a RB with great potential with a career ender as he was returning kick-offs......

A long time ago but the 2nd guessing was certainly justified.

NFL adjusted some rules in response to this threat.

I think eventually the kickoff will be eliminated from football, seems like we're headed in that direction

kane

EOG master

I disagree with allowing Diaz to coach the defense in the bowl game, he's no longer Miami's DC, he's the head coach at Temple, why would the head coach of Temple coach Miami's defense? His heart isn't in Miami, it's with Temple, the guy is a great DC and did wonders down here, I wish him success as a head coach, but I strongly disagree with him being around the team now, you want to coach Temple, go coach Temple, Miami's defense should no longer concern him. And no, he's not taking the turnover chain to Philly, it's staying here

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The kickoff is especially dangerous when Alabama schedules teams like Mercer, The Citadel, Western Carolina and UT-Martin.

Heavyweights running full speed colliding with lightweights trying as hard as they can.

Not good.