Pippen

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Ironic this comment comes out decades later when Kukoc hit the game winning shot with Scottie watching at the end of the bench.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Scottie Pippen is one of my favorite NBA players ever.

Long, lean and forced to play second fiddle to one of the greatest of all-time despite being the second-best player in the league for a short time.

Pippen could produce points and prevent them.

I give Pippen a pass for getting upset at Phil Jackson when Jackson drew up a play for Toni Kukoc with 1.8 seconds left in a 1994 postseason game.

Pippen felt disrespected by Jackson's move.

It was the last straw for Pippen after the Bulls did not allow him to restructure a team-friendly contract.

At the time of Pippen's refusal to play, he was the sixth-highest paid player on the roster.

As for Pippen calling Jackson a racist?

Feels like yet another off-the-court mistake by Scottie.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Ironic this comment comes out decades later when Kukoc hit the game winning shot with Scottie watching at the end of the bench.

Pippen Wanted The Last Shot Drawn Up For Him. It Wasn't. So Pippen Thinks it Was Racially Motivated, To Draw it Up For Kukoc.

NBA Hall of Famer and Chicago Bulls legend Scottie Pippen isn't holding back anymore when it comes to his feelings about the past. He's continuing to discuss his infamous decision to take himself out of a 1994 playoff game, and opening up more than ever before.

In that game, head coach Phil Jackson drew up the game-winning shot for Toni Kukoc. In an interview with GQ last week — the same interview in which he criticized Kevin Durant and Ben Simmons — Pippen said that he felt insulted disrespected by Jackson, but that's not all. He also said that he felt that Jackson denying him the final shot was a "racial move."

"I don’t think it’s a mystery, you need to read between the fine lines. It was my first year playing without Michael Jordan, why wouldn’t I be taking that last shot? I been through all the ups and downs, the battles with the Pistons and now you gonna insult me and tell me to take it out? I thought it was a pretty low blow. I felt like it was an opportunity to give [Kukoc] a rise. It was a racial move to give him a rise. After all I’ve been through with this organization, now you're gonna tell me to take the ball out and throw it to Toni Kukoc? You’re insulting me. That’s how I felt."
Dan Patrick asked Pippen about the "racial move" comment in an interview on his show Monday, and Pippen didn't back away from it. In fact, he doubled down and called Jackson a racist instead of just implying it.

Dan Patrick Show

@dpshow

" Exchange with @ScottiePippen on Phil's decision to have Kukoc take final shot against the Knicks

DP: ".. By saying it was a racial move then you're calling Phil Jackson a racist..." Pippen: "I don't have a problem with that." DP: "Do you think Phil was?" Pippen: "Oh yeah...

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Scottie Pippen is one of my favorite NBA players ever.

Long, lean and forced to play second fiddle to one of the greatest of all-time despite being the second-best player in the league for a short time.

Pippen could produce points and prevent them.

I give Pippen a pass for getting upset at Phil Jackson when Jackson drew up a play for Toni Kukoc with 1.8 seconds left in a 1994 postseason game.

Pippen felt disrespected by Jackson's move.

It was the last straw for Pippen after the Bulls did not allow him to restructure a team-friendly contract.

At the time of Pippen's refusal to play, he was the sixth-highest paid player on the roster.

As for Pippen calling Jackson a racist?

Feels like yet another off-the-court mistake by Scottie.
Reinsdorf even warned him against signing that contract, but that is what he wanted. The Bulls even traded him to help him financially.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
One interesting omission....Kukoc made the shot. So when the whole world knows Pippen is earmarked for
the shot and Jackson decides to use another player, it's racist.

Basically doubling drinking too much of his bourbon.
It wasn’t racist for 28 years, now it is. too bad Pippen had to go this route, basically doubling down on a bad decision.

Heim

EOG Master
At his kid's games he never signed autographs. I'll give him a break, he just had a son die.

But shut up and dribble can be applied here.

Nonetheless, great player, Krause made him his bitch for many years. I don't think the undervalued/unappreciated bitterness will ever leave him.

MrTop

EOG Master
jackson might have thought kukoc was a better shooter at the time. Thinking everyone would be looking scottie. Bulls were down 0-2 before the shot.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
jackson might have thought kukoc was a better shooter at the time. Thinking everyone would be looking scottie. Bulls were down 0-2 before the shot.

Good point.

Pippen as a decoy.

If memory serves, Jackson was pretty good at drawing up plays.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Some of my favorite NBA players on the court were goofballs off it.

Metta World Peace (aka Ron Artest), Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, Rick Barry and Kawhi Leonard.

louisvillekid

EOG Dedicated
He didn't actual call him a racist. DP insinuated that by alluding that the decision was a "racial" move, therefore PJ must be a "racist." Pip just shrugged and said yeh he'd go along with that.
Basically leaves plausible deniability in play because Pip can claim lack of clearly understanding or following DP's logic(or in this sense - baited wordplay) because his internet cut-out or any other technical snafu happened for a split second.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Pippen has always been a stupid, bitter, douchbag. During the interview with Dan Patrick he said to Patrick "do you understand english". That is so insulting to a journalist like Patrick and goes to show you what an asshole Pippen is.

MrTop

EOG Master
say you got the bulls on the ML.. you are watching it during the timeout and you see pippen going to the bench ...WTF ?

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Horrible interview by Dan Patrick to not ask follow up questions.

Like, what other things did PJ do along those lines?

Need more examples before attaching that label.

Heim

EOG Master
Pippen sounds a little envious of Jordan's fanfare. But without Jordan he's Jerome Kersey. Who would
give a shit about him if he played the majority of his career next to Drexler without rings?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Pippen sounds a little envious of Jordan's fanfare. But without Jordan he's Jerome Kersey. Who would
give a shit about him if he played the majority of his career next to Drexler without rings?
The funny thing is he wasn’t comfortable taking the lead role after Jordan left. He was a great Robin, but not a Batman.