Pitching twins

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The first time I watched Kyle Hendricks pitch in the big leagues, he reminded me of the great Greg Maddux.

I immediately labeled Hendricks a poor man's Maddux and began supporting him religiously.

Yesterday, former MLB pitcher and current TBS analyst Ron Darling compared Sean Newcomb of the Atlanta Braves with Jon Lester.

Newcomb's teammate, Mike Foltynewicz, has been called a young Max Scherzer.

I've always thought Dallas Keuchel was a reincarnation of Mark Buehrle.

Any other pitching comparisons that come to mind?

MrTop

EOG Master
Re: Pitching twins

hendricks vs. possible playoff teams ???

arizona ...0-1 ....5.40 ERA
Dodgers 0-1... 20.25 ERA
Phillies. 0-1 ...9.00 ERA

revisit in october

Valuist

EOG Master

hendricks vs. possible playoff teams ???

arizona ...0-1 ....5.40 ERA
Dodgers 0-1... 20.25 ERA
Phillies. 0-1 ...9.00 ERA

revisit in october

What the was number of starts vs those teams? Based on the w/l record, I'm gonna guess those sample sizes are incredibly small.

Valuist

EOG Master

The first time I watched Kyle Hendricks pitch in the big leagues, he reminded me of the great Greg Maddux.

I immediately labeled Hendricks a poor man's Maddux and began supporting him religiously.

Yesterday, former MLB pitcher and current TBS analyst Ron Darling compared Sean Newcomb of the Atlanta Braves with Jon Lester.

Newcomb's teammate, Mike Foltynewicz, has been called a young Max Scherzer.

I've always thought Dallas Keuchel was a reincarnation of Mark Buehrle.

Any other pitching comparisons that come to mind?

Luis Tiant and Johnny Cueto.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Freddie Garcia and Felix Hernandez.

King Felix idolized Freddie while growing up in Venezuela, a leading reason why Hernandez signed with the Mariners.

Not sure the year or the circumstances but I remember betting UNDER when mentor Garcia and student Hernandez faced each other for the first time in an MLB game.

The UNDER got there.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Freddie Garcia and Felix Hernandez.

King Felix idolized Freddie while growing up in Venezuela, a leading reason why Hernandez signed with the Mariners.

Not sure the year or the circumstances but I remember betting UNDER when mentor Garcia and student Hernandez faced each other for the first time in an MLB game.

The UNDER got there.

Just looked up the game.

M's beat the Yanks, 4-2.

Interesting coincidence: Both Garcia and Hernandez pitched seven and one-third innings.

kane

EOG master

John, you want some pitching twins? How about Brad Radke, Johann Santana, and Frank Viola