Plane just crashed into house in my town

Re: Plane just crashed into house in my town

this one is taken from cbs affiliate. But the picture was taken from my friends driveway. Scary how close it was.

That's pretty wild. The houses are so close together there in Staven, hard to miss hitting one when your plane goes down.

I live in CT, grew up in Guilford so I know the area, currently in Essex.

I live in CT, grew up in Guilford so I know the area, currently in Essex.

Cool. Wasnt aware we had other CT guys around here.

I hear good things about Olivers Tavern. (think thats the name)

Ever eat there?

Ever eat there?

That's a mile from me. I go to there bar sometimes ( they have good specials). The food is not that great and has gone downhill it is kind of typical bar food and a lot of frozen stuff. The atmosphere is nice though. I'd much rather eat at Lenny and Joes in Westbrook, Chowderpot, The place etc.

Staven is sure not very Black friendly....remember Malik Jones ?

That's a mile from me. I go to there bar sometimes ( they have good specials). The food is not that great and has gone downhill it is kind of typical bar food and a lot of frozen stuff. The atmosphere is nice though. I'd much rather eat at Lenny and Joes in Westbrook, Chowderpot, The place etc.

Staven is sure not very Black friendly....remember Malik Jones ?

Going to chowder pot in branford tonight actually. Havent been to lenny and joes since last summer.

Ya i was in middle school when they killed Malik Jones. A few yrs ago i ended up in the middle of the Justice for Malik march on my way home.

THey were marching down Main st and some biker spit in a ladies face and said got out of here n****r.
Thought a riot was gonna break out. Thank god for the biker there were cops right there or he wouldve been killed.

Then staven had the whole latino thing. Mayor saying something about tacos. Cops are really racist around here. Went to HS with one of the cops arrested for the racial profiling case. He would sit out infront of the latino bars and stores and pull over as many as possible. Kid was a punk in HS cant say it suprised me.

They are trying to get better about it but its probably just more to look better in the public eye. I still wouldnt recommend anyone i know who isnt white to drive through East haven. Sad, but true.

you probably shouldn't go there if you are not Italian..... :LMAO

Oh god i remember when that song came out. Everyone thought it was so cool. I still cringe when i hear it.

Thankfully im italian so I dont have any problems here. :LMAO

StateChamp

EOG Veteran

with the cops tied up its a perfect time to slide into town and give mikeyanks a royal beatdown :lightbulb:

The X

EOG Dedicated

Ever eat there?

Where else do you like to eat or hang out? Being a newbie here any suggestions are cool.

Im just glad mikeyanks is ok

If that were mikeyanks house I would :shoot: myself

Where else do you like to eat or hang out? Being a newbie here any suggestions are cool.

Lets see. Chowder pot in Branford has excellent seafood.
Nicks Char pit on Middletown ave is good.
Montowese Meat Center has great subs for lunch.

Rib house in Branford used to be good. Id only get ribs there.

Tre Scalini best italian food you will find around here. But the bill will get up there for more than 2 people. Usually 150 for me and my gf with about 2 drinks each.

Pizza: Sallys and Pepes down wooster st. Modern on state st. Capatortas on Rt.80 is good. and John and Marias also on RT.80 has good pizza and italian food.

Down the beach in East Haven there is Sandpiper and Beach head. Not my favorite but seafood is good. Beach head a little more expensive.

Only chinese around here i like is Sing Hee behind Rite Aid on Middletown ave.

Just to go and drink and hang out and watch a game: Fireside Rib house, Humphreys

All i can think of off the top of my head. I'll think about it and add to it later

Also i dont drink much. Usually only when i go out to dinner. So im kind of out of the loop on the bar scene

:cheers

Mikeyanks we gotta get you back to the bar scene

Me you darker :trio:

pippy

EOG Addicted

Good to see some fellow CT gamblers in the house..5 min from essex down along the shore in Westbrook..You guys should try Bills Seafood or the Upper Deck if in the area..

4/5/2013
This place is THE WORST. The staff is rude, they've closed the upstairs and the food is TERRIBLE. Local drunks hang out at the bar and harass newcomers.

It had been a few years since I had been to Oliver's. We used to go all the time, hang out at the really cool bar upstairs, eat peanuts, play pool, and have a great time with a fun crowd. I returned for the first time last fall. The very first thing I ordered was so disgusting I had to send it back. I've only sent something back one other time in my life. I ordered a blooming onion figuring there was no way to mess that up. I was wrong.

It's just a matter of time before this place closes. It's disgusting. Avoid it at all costs. And seriously, the rude hostess and bar tender need to get attitude adjustments.

I don't harass anybody there !

Looks like i wont be going to Olivers.

My friend swears by it. His fiance works up that way.

But hes also a drunk fool so that explains alot.

Thanks doug

Good to see some fellow CT gamblers in the house..5 min from essex down along the shore in Westbrook..You guys should try Bills Seafood or the Upper Deck if in the area..

Was supposed to go to Chowder pot tonight but got switched to tomorrow. Maybe i'll switch to Bills. I'll pm and let you know when the check comes so you can get there in time to pay.:lol

pippy

EOG Addicted

No prob Mikey..as long as you bring a NewHaven pizza..Pepe's or Modern will do..

The X

EOG Dedicated

Lets see. Chowder pot in Branford has excellent seafood.
Nicks Char pit on Middletown ave is good.
Montowese Meat Center has great subs for lunch.

Rib house in Branford used to be good. Id only get ribs there.

Tre Scalini best italian food you will find around here. But the bill will get up there for more than 2 people. Usually 150 for me and my gf with about 2 drinks each.

Pizza: Sallys and Pepes down wooster st. Modern on state st. Capatortas on Rt.80 is good. and John and Marias also on RT.80 has good pizza and italian food.

Down the beach in East Haven there is Sandpiper and Beach head. Not my favorite but seafood is good. Beach head a little more expensive.

Only chinese around here i like is Sing Hee behind Rite Aid on Middletown ave.

Just to go and drink and hang out and watch a game: Fireside Rib house, Humphreys

All i can think of off the top of my head. I'll think about it and add to it later

Also i dont drink much. Usually only when i go out to dinner. So im kind of out of the loop on the bar scene

:cheers

Haven't tried Chowder Pot. Tried the New Lenny & Joes they just opened on Long Wharf. Thought it was pretty good.

Tre Scalini was very good.

Haven't had Sally's yet. But Pepe's was better than Modern.

Anyway thanx for the tips definitely check some others out.

If you haven't tried Goodfellas. Definitely check it out. They just opened a new spot with rooftop seating on State St. Good food, great atmosphere.

Hell maybe we could meet for a drink sometime? :cheers

We could be cool like Brock and Fishy. :lol

Haven't tried Chowder Pot. Tried the New Lenny & Joes they just opened on Long Wharf. Thought it was pretty good.

Tre Scalini was very good.

Haven't had Sally's yet. But Pepe's was better than Modern.

Anyway thanx for the tips definitely check some others out.

If you haven't tried Goodfellas. Definitely check it out. They just opened a new spot with rooftop seating on State St. Good food, great atmosphere.

Hell maybe we could meet for a drink sometime? :cheers

We could be cool like Brock and Fishy. :lol

Forgot about goodfellas. Excellent food.

if we meet for a drink then can we come into threads and stick up for eachother like brock and fishy.

For example: Hey kinger your barking up the wrong tree here with X

:lol

Looks like i wont be going to Olivers.

My friend swears by it. His fiance works up that way.

But hes also a drunk fool so that explains alot.

If you want a really high end place, try Le petit cafe in Branford. You have to make reservations days in advance. Perhaps the best restaurant in ct ! About $70 per person plus drinks.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/le-petit-cafe-branford

Heard really good things about Le-petit. Def gonna check it out soon.

The X

EOG Dedicated

Forgot about goodfellas. Excellent food.

if we meet for a drink then can we come into threads and stick up for eachother like brock and fishy.

For example: Hey kinger your barking up the wrong tree here with X

:lol

:LMAO We should do it. Me you and our lady friends. :cheers