Please Redskins dont tease me

mofome

Banned
Joe Gibbs acknowledges that the Redskins have talked to two teams about trading up, and hinted Calvin Johnson would be a consideration.

Gibbs isn't great at draft secrets. The Redskins let the media know they were set on Jason Campbell when they traded into the first round two years ago, and the deal was done before the draft. We can guess one team Washington has talked to: Detroit. Cleveland could be the other.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

Re: Please Redskins dont tease me

I'd rather see them go defense.

Well actually, I'd rather Gibbs pulled his head out of his butt and just ran more which that team is capable of.

mofome

Banned

I'd rather see them go defense.

Well actually, I'd rather Gibbs pulled his head out of his butt and just ran more which that team is capable of.

if you can get the best player in the draft, you take him. sure it would be nice to see a great DE or DT, but those are more difficult to project into the league. as far as running the ball, well its not always easy when your defense gives up 100 points a game.

mofome

Banned

Trade the pick to the Bears for Lance Briggs

thats the rumor, but im not for it. we have washington, fletcher and just last year we took rocky in the 2nd round. too much invested in that position already. its a good value, but i would rather move up and get Calvin.

mofome

Banned

Trading the pick for a LB just doesn't make much sense. Start up front to fix the D.

if we stay at 6, i want anderson or okoye. i see many people predicting that we take adams. i would trade the 6th pick, for the 31rst pick, just so that didnt happen. no briggs in the deal, just swap picks.

I don't think Adams is what they need. They got torched with the run and Gaines is more of a pass rusher type. I don't know much about Anderson... what's his deal?

Okoye would be a nice fit but it almost seems like it's a bit of a reach. Wonder if they could trade down to #8 or #9 and still get him, along with a 4th or 5th rounder?

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Hope the Skins do whatever it takes to get Calvin Johnson. Campbell to Johnson about 10 times a game would be potent.

Calvin Johnson can only be successful if he goes to a team that can pass block. He'll be labeled a flop if he goes to the Raiders or Lions IMO.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Word is out down here now that the Bucs want him badly

It could be a tactic to try & lure another team to trade with them so Tampa can land something extra, but I don't think so.

Put Jeff Garcia at QB with With Cadillac Williams & Mike Alstott in the backfield, Joey Galloway & Calvin Johnson on the outsides, and opposing defenses are in trouble.....

I like Calvin on the Bucs. They can pass block enough to get him some time and having to worry about him and Galloway's speed should open some things up on that offense.

mofome

Banned

Calvin Johnson can only be successful if he goes to a team that can pass block. He'll be labeled a flop if he goes to the Raiders or Lions IMO.

blocking is not a problem for the skins. thankfully. calvin with moss would be amazing to see. not to mention our oline, portis, cooley, and betts all on that offense.

:houra

mofome

Banned

I don't think Adams is what they need. They got torched with the run and Gaines is more of a pass rusher type. I don't know much about Anderson... what's his deal?

Okoye would be a nice fit but it almost seems like it's a bit of a reach. Wonder if they could trade down to #8 or #9 and still get him, along with a 4th or 5th rounder?

obviously hes more a pass rusher type, hes a DE. anderson is a bigger and better end, imo. only a jr and had a great season in the SEC as a jr. i dont think much of adams.

okoye is only 19, i see him in the same mold as a tommy harris. trading down 2 spots would only work if someone wanted to move up...the only person that could fall and be worth the move would be brady quinn. someone could want to move up a couple spots to get him, but i doubt it.