Post your best plays for the week

BeanCounter

EOG Member
Hello Everyone,
Obviously my first post here. I would like to know if there would be an interest by majority to begin posting your best plays for the week here, say up to five plays per week, tracking those plays by each poster and comparing to others on this site. We could also compare these plays with Leroy's (NCAAF) and Hilton (NFL) to get even more useful information. All outcomes will be based on closing lines from scores and odds .com.

I'm not the best when it comes to using a computer or keeping up with spreadsheets, etc and would definitely need some help in populating/formulating the information provided. It could be a great tool to check who to tail or fade week in and week out based on win/loss percentages.

Please let me know if there would be any interest and, if so, let's begin by posting your best five plays for this week in NCAAF. I will start a similar thread in the NFL forum if there is interest in this one here.

Best of luck and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

BeanCounter

EOG Member
Re: Post your best plays for the week

What are the lines you are using/getting for each of these games? Good luck.

Sports, the closing lines displayed at scores and odds.com will be used to determine the wins and losses for each game picked. I would like to display the opening and closing lines for each game in a spreadsheet format that would be uploaded to this thread. Again, also keeping track of each member's record as we go through the year.

Post em! The fun starts tonight!

zookeeper

EOG Member

i am new here, but had a suggestion. most serious gamblers, who are really interested in only turning a profit, don't bet but 4-6 games each saturday anyways. their overall record most of them keep track of for the season anyways, and i don't think this will be far off from that. maybe a favorite play from each poster for the week, just one. i would guess, without all the bs i see in most forums, that would have a very good record here. i know i would be interested to see who everyone liked the most each week, without having to guess and pick it out of 6 or 7 plays. anyways, just my opinion.

BeanCounter

EOG Member

i am new here, but had a suggestion. most serious gamblers, who are really interested in only turning a profit, don't bet but 4-6 games each saturday anyways. their overall record most of them keep track of for the season anyways, and i don't think this will be far off from that. maybe a favorite play from each poster for the week, just one. i would guess, without all the bs i see in most forums, that would have a very good record here. i know i would be interested to see who everyone liked the most each week, without having to guess and pick it out of 6 or 7 plays. anyways, just my opinion.

Thanks for the reply Zookeeper. My thinking is that you would not only be able to see by using member's but also Leroy's & Hilton contestants who is on which team or teams each week. n my opinion it is just as important to know who the worst capper's are (fade) as well as who the best capper's are (tail/follow). Of course with only mine and your picks, it is pretty much a moot point since there is not enough data to form an opinion.

I think if a few member's would post and it was placed on a spreadsheet it would be more meaningful. Maybe I'm not explaining the concept well enough!

BeanCounter

EOG Member

...to add to my post above.

Maybe I shouldn't have named the thread post your BEST plays for the week. I understand that most people only play 4-6 games and that is fine. However, if 90 out of a hundred members posted X team minus 12 points as one of their plays, I promise you I would be on the other side!!

Does that clarify things?

zookeeper

EOG Member

yeah, i see what you are trying to do now. will go ahead and list my top 5. maybe we can get it to catch on, if you are still looking to do it.

penn state under 46
rice over 58.5
n dame -14
miami ohio +2
arkansas state -3

the bottom 2 are not listed in my thread, but i have a large bet on each thanks to some friends.

BeanCounter

EOG Member

yeah, i see what you are trying to do now. will go ahead and list my top 5. maybe we can get it to catch on, if you are still looking to do it.

penn state under 46
rice over 58.5
n dame -14
miami ohio +2
arkansas state -3

the bottom 2 are not listed in my thread, but i have a large bet on each thanks to some friends.

Man, I'm sorry. Should have mentioned no totals, sides only. I will try to work up some kind of spreadheet to track. Esp. if we have more followers! I will mark your four plays! GL!!!

BeanCounter

EOG Member

i'm working on the ss now. i hope i can upload when im finished!! give me an hour or so but keep the plays coming!

TheRef

EOG Addicted

Game 383 Missouri -4 - get your :pop: and then get inline. Ticket cashed!

chazzy

EOG Dedicated

you should be able to upload a file. You can't do it from the quick reply box, but you should be able to if you go advanced. There might be some restrictions on the size of file that is uploaded, so it may be too big. Google spreadsheet is probably the easiest way to go.

BeanCounter

EOG Member

yeah, ive figured out how to get to advanced, it just wont let me upload it from my desktop for some reason. give me a few more minutes sorry.

BeanCounter

EOG Member

well fuck, i can't get it to upload. im going to investigate google spreadhseet. be back soon.
keep the plays coming...

chazzy

EOG Dedicated

looks like you can upload an excel file into a google spreadsheet. Just go to file, import and it gives you options on what you want to upload.

BeanCounter

EOG Member

gonna go drink some beer, i'll try again later!
still need more memebers to post plays or it will be pretty much worthless.

also, if anyone can explain to an idiot like me how to upload a file, i would appreciate it. the ss is complete and ready for this weeks data. again, post em!!!

BeanCounter

EOG Member

ok i got it on google ss and tried to upload. it said my 1.6mb file exceeds the 296 kb allowed...any other suggestions?

chazzy

EOG Dedicated

google spreadsheet you just have to publish as a webpage and copy/paste the link it gives you. should work.

ASU-3.5(Best Bet)
WSU+3.5
OU-10
TOLDEO/E.MICHIGAN OVER52
RUTGERS+7

KingOfTheSpread

EOG Member

All games Saturday October 10, 2011

Iowa State Vs Baylor -15 ?
RG3 and the Baylor Bears look to bounce back with a big victory against the Iowa State Cyclones. Griffin?s athleticism should overwhelm the Cyclone defense, expect another four plus touchdown performance from the Heisman candidate. Iowa State?s offense has been very inconsistent and mistake prone through the first four games. Steele Jantz has shown signs of brilliance but has also tossed 7 INTS. A below average Baylor defense will be able to contain the Cyclone offense. Take the Bears at -15 ? for 2 units.

Iowa Vs Penn State Under 46.5
Iowa squares off with the Nittany Lions in an old fashion Big Ten slugfest. Penn State defense has played well through the first part of the season, but inconsistent quarterback play has their offense averaging only 23 points a game. Iowa quarterback James Vandendburg has excelled in his first year as the Hawks signal called. I expect him to struggle on the road against a good defense. Take the under at 46.5 for 3 units.

Illinois -14.5 Vs Indiana
The Illinois Fighting Illini head into Bloomington to take on an awful Hoosier squad Saturday afternoon. Illinois looks to go 6-0 against a Indiana team that has losses to Ball State and North Texas. Illinois speed on the offensive side will be uncontainable for the Hoosiers who are giving up 24 points to the Nations bottom 3rd of offenses. Take the Illini at -14.5 for 2 units

NCAA Record 12-6 154 (21-11 229)

BeanCounter

EOG Member

ok i do have the spreadsheet updated thru kinogofthespreads picks above. i am going to try to upload again this afternoon. i understand it is kind of useless for this week but maybe we can get more participants beginning next week.

also, for the record, i am 3-0 today ats with ark pending later today. i'll attempt to upload again now.

BeanCounter

EOG Member

yes!!! let me know if you guys have any questions. sorry for the confusion and being so late getting this. little to much drank last night!!