Pujols and PEDs

railbird

EOG Master
Clark has mentioned Pujols in relation to PEDs on the air previously. On Aug. 2, after Slaten said he has long believed that Pujols “has been a juicer,” Clark interrupted and said, “I know for a fact he was. The trainer that worked with him, threw him batting practice from Kansas City, that worked him out every day, basically told me that’s what he did,” according to the Post-Dispatch.

Clark recalled a conversation with Mihlfeld, who has worked with several major-league clubs, when Clark was a Dodgers coach.

Mihlfeld “had told me what he was doing with ‘Poolie’ — threw him batting practice, worked him out, shot him up, all that stuff,” Clark said on the air.

In 2006 one of the players Mihlfeld trained, pitcher Jason Grimsley, admitted using PEDs and was suspended by MLB.

At that time, Pujols said: “I don’t resent this as much for myself as I do for Chris. He’s got no way to defend himself against somebody who puts something out there that’s not true.”

Pujols also defended himself.

“I’ve said before I have nothing to worry about. If they want to test me ... then let’s go. I’ll do it tomorrow. No problem. But Chris has been put in a really unfair position. I know it bothers him. I hear it every time I talk to him.”

Pujols, who is on the disabled list with a foot injury, never has been accused of failing a drug test.

Clark didn't stop with Pujols. He also expressed skepticism about Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander, who signed a contract extension in the offseason and has not been as dominant this year as in previous seasons.

“Verlander was like Nolan Ryan, he threw 97, 98, 100 miles an hour from the first inning to the ninth inning,” Clark said on the air. “He got that big contract, now he can barely reach 92, 93. What happened to it? He has no arm problems, nothing’s wrong. It’s just the signs are there.

“The greed ... they juice up, they grab the money and it’s just a free pass to steal, is the way I look at it.”

On Saturday he seemed to be backtracking.

rico1

EOG Master
Re: Puljos peds

Pujols still owed $140 million for five more years. A contract printed on cement blocks, chained to the Angels franchise ankles. I think Pujols is a greedy individual and will get every last dollar of that $140 million owed.

begood1000

EOG Enthusiast

Clark has mentioned Pujols in relation to PEDs on the air previously. On Aug. 2, after Slaten said he has long believed that Pujols “has been a juicer,” Clark interrupted and said, “I know for a fact he was. The trainer that worked with him, threw him batting practice from Kansas City, that worked him out every day, basically told me that’s what he did,” according to the Post-Dispatch.

Clark recalled a conversation with Mihlfeld, who has worked with several major-league clubs, when Clark was a Dodgers coach.

Mihlfeld “had told me what he was doing with ‘Poolie’ — threw him batting practice, worked him out, shot him up, all that stuff,” Clark said on the air.

In 2006 one of the players Mihlfeld trained, pitcher Jason Grimsley, admitted using PEDs and was suspended by MLB.

At that time, Pujols said: “I don’t resent this as much for myself as I do for Chris. He’s got no way to defend himself against somebody who puts something out there that’s not true.”

Pujols also defended himself.

“I’ve said before I have nothing to worry about. If they want to test me ... then let’s go. I’ll do it tomorrow. No problem. But Chris has been put in a really unfair position. I know it bothers him. I hear it every time I talk to him.”

Pujols, who is on the disabled list with a foot injury, never has been accused of failing a drug test.

Clark didn't stop with Pujols. He also expressed skepticism about Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander, who signed a contract extension in the offseason and has not been as dominant this year as in previous seasons.

“Verlander was like Nolan Ryan, he threw 97, 98, 100 miles an hour from the first inning to the ninth inning,” Clark said on the air. “He got that big contract, now he can barely reach 92, 93. What happened to it? He has no arm problems, nothing’s wrong. It’s just the signs are there.

“The greed ... they juice up, they grab the money and it’s just a free pass to steal, is the way I look at it.”

On Saturday he seemed to be backtracking.

makes sense. He looks awful out there. stupid signing.

Heim

EOG Master
Re: Pujols and PEDs

Decent DH next few years. Bat speed still good. 30-40 dingers guaranteed even if he pulls up to the plate in a motorized cart.

rico1

EOG Master

Pujols was a consistent .300 hitter before signing with the Angels. His batting average is -60 plus points in his five years in Anaheim.

If he stays off the DL he has a shot of topping Bonds HR total. And yes I've thought Pujols to be a juicer for his entire career.

Heim

EOG Master
Out for the year with knee surgery.....I'm too embarrassed to post his numbers at 30 million this year.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Heim;n7453033 said:
Out for the year with knee surgery.....I'm too embarrassed to post his numbers at 30 million this year.

Angels knew the contract was going to be bad when it got to this stage. They signed him for marketing just as much - not really a smart decision.

Valuist

EOG Master
The Angels certainly have a knack for having player injuries. This is the third year in a row they've been crushed by injuries. At what point is it not random?