QRT Pole MVP Candidates

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
1. Giannis
2. LBJ
3. AD

Thoughts? Am I leaving anyone out and please don't say Harden.

I guess you could put Luka 3 but AD is so good defensively, it's tough to leave him out of Top-3, ecspecially considering UniBron's Team Record but then again, LBJ and AD have each other.
When comparing LBJ to Davis, granted LBJ has better stats but could an argument be made that AD not Lebrique made the Lakers great again?.

MrTop

EOG Master
Russell is the owner of 11 rings, and damn right they were all won with Boston

I never seen him play... my father said he was the best he ever seen. I told him he played against a lot of skinny white guys who dribbled with 1 hand. LOL

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
When comparing LBJ to Davis, granted LBJ has better stats but could an argument be made that AD not Lebrique made the Lakers great again?.

AD has better stats but LBJ is the engine that makes that team run. Their both responsible for making them great again.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Before the GOAT was announced out, the Lakers were -1, considering the Rockets were just -4 at OKC the other day, the -1 was assuming no AD, the game closed 9

Thank you, now that I have that info, I agree; the assumption is solid. He's worth 10 fucking points? I've never heard of such a thing. Raiders is right, LBJ has zero shot at MVP. How could I guy who is worth 10-points of line value to his team even be considered.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Also, it's not a stat competetion, this thinking got WestBrook, the worst MVP choice ever, a trophy. For me, MVP is impact. My list wasn't about who is going to win but who the real MVP is/should be. Right now, at about the halfway mark, it's a two-horse race between Giannis and LBJ.

I mean if a guy is responsible for a 10-point line move, how the fuck isn't he 1 or 2 for MVP. I don't follow NBA lines closely anymore but I've never heard of a 10-pt move based off one guy, I'm convinced there is something I'm missing. If not, then he should probably be 1 for MVP; that's not a move in a line, it's a tectonic shift.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Also, it's not a stat competetion, this thinking got WestBrook, the worst MVP choice ever, a trophy. For me, MVP is impact. My list wasn't about who is going to win but who the real MVP is/should be. Right now, at about the halfway mark, it's a two-horse race between Giannis and LBJ.

I mean if a guy is responsible for a 10-point line move, how the fuck isn't he 1 or 2 for MVP. I don't follow NBA lines closely anymore but I've never heard of a 10-pt move based off one guy, I'm convinced there is something I'm missing. If not, then he should probably be 1 for MVP; that's not a move in a line, it's a tectonic shift.
Was it a 10 point move or was it 6-7 points, and then the steamchasers pushed it out of hand? Have to wonder how much influence these shows like VSIN have on the lines as they give the appearance of being ‘in the know’.

If it was a original move of 6-7 points, that is still a seismic move.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Was it a 10 point move or was it 6-7 points, and then the steamchasers pushed it out of hand? Have to wonder how much influence these shows like VSIN have on the lines as they give the appearance of being ‘in the know’.

If it was a original move of 6-7 points, that is still a seismic move.

I don't know. Could steam chasers chase the line up 3 to 4 more full points? I don''t know about that kinda stuff. Kane has kept me up to date on this stuff, basically a -1 open to +9 close, is fucking insane. I love LBJ, but 10-points? Something seems off here.

kane

EOG master
I don't know. Could steam chasers chase the line up 3 to 4 more full points? I don''t know about that kinda stuff. Kane has kept me up to date on this stuff, basically a -1 open to +9 close, is fucking insane. I love LBJ, but 10-points? Something seems off here.

I don't know what the line opened immediately after the news, I'm sure it steamed a few points, but it wasn't a game I was tracking. I wanna say it re-opened 7, but I'm not positive

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Sure they could. Sounds like day-trading. They could have done it for the buyback at the end also, why not?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Sure they could. Sounds like day-trading. They could have done it for the buyback at the end also, why not?

Maybe. Who knows. My impression is they got caught out but take that w/ a grain of salt.

A half hour before the game, CRIS had UniBron +9 1.91 (-110) and the last printing was +9 1.95 (-105). The last printing came at 8:23pm and I'm assuming the game started at 8:30pm so I don't know what happened during that 7 minutes. It just seems odd that they wouldn't have bought back long before then.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated

Thats fair...remember a few years ago the Yankees had a 3rd baseman whose batting average was average but he would get hits in crunch time and late inning close games that helped them go to the World Series.

kane

EOG master
Thats fair...remember a few years ago the Yankees had a 3rd baseman whose batting average was average but he would get hits in crunch time and late inning close games that helped them go to the World Series.

Scott Brosius

Heim

EOG Master
The AD hangnail injuries are starting to occur. Will a sore butt keep him out until AS break?