Railbird….give us some NFL winners…

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Two losses that were not even close…Brutal weekend for me…

bad teams always find ways to lose games….

JK…drop my rating a few points….I sucked worse than Sam Darnold, if that is even possible…
He was the last qb with 5 TO‘s in a game until Fields today. Speaking of USC qbs, the last Bears qb with 5 TO’s was Matt Barkley.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Two losses that were not even close…Brutal weekend for me…

bad teams always find ways to lose games….

JK…drop my rating a few points….I sucked worse than Sam Darnold, if that is even possible…

Power rating dropped only a quarter-point after it was raised a half-point the previous week.

Keep going 4-3 for every set of seven games and all will be well.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Railfraud 0-6 in his last six picks in the NFL….if it were not for pretend lines in politics, he would be a loser overall….his sports plays blow….in his defense is that very, very few beat the NFL….

mr merlin

EOG Master
stafford is a clown, Goff was better
Hmmm, i dont know about that, stafford was consistently able to make detroit a .500 team, goff cant win a game. While LA is clearly better with Stafford, even if they aren't the dominant team we thought they were a few weeks ago.

railbird

EOG Master
Hmmm, i dont know about that, stafford was consistently able to make detroit a .500 team, goff cant win a game. While LA is clearly better with Stafford, even if they aren't the dominant team we thought they were a few weeks ago.
goff got to the superbowl, stafford has never won a big game in his life

mr merlin

EOG Master
At least Fields is showing some promise…
He's showing promise because he's using his legs to make plays, that's all fine and dandy but it's not making him a better QB, he needs a ton of experience throwing, reading defenses, etc, right now he looks fairly bad at that.

I dont like what's going on with trevor lawrence either, they seem to be running a very conservative offense to "protect" him. They suck anyway,, he needs to be out there winging the ball around, learning and making mistakes, that's how you improve.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
He's showing promise because he's using his legs to make plays, that's all fine and dandy but it's not making him a better QB, he needs a ton of experience throwing, reading defenses, etc, right now he looks fairly bad at that.

I dont like what's going on with trevor lawrence either, they seem to be running a very conservative offense to "protect" him. They suck anyway,, he needs to be out there winging the ball around, learning and making mistakes, that's how you improve.
I don’t know what to think of Fields. The overreaction to anything he does is similar to political discussion. What hurts the development of these qbs is the early success of Watson and Mahomes. I thought Mac Jones was overrated, but he landed on the best team and coaching.

choslamshe

EOG Master
I don’t know what to think of Fields. The overreaction to anything he does is similar to political discussion. What hurts the development of these qbs is the early success of Watson and Mahomes. I thought Mac Jones was overrated, but he landed on the best team and coaching.

What hurts the development of QBs like Fields, Lawrence, Wilson, is that being put on teams like the Bears, Jags, and Jets means their careers are dead to begin with. Not even Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc. over the last year could turn around these dysfunctional organizations. I joked about it earlier but it is true, when these names are called by these teams on draft night, all of the spectators - live and on TV, should get to hear the team rep apologize on microphone with a simple "I'm so sorry" as they shake the player's hand.

Mac Jones, more wins than the other 4 drafted in front of him put together. He's looked pretty good but is just as much a reflection of the environment he's been placed in.

I do believe it is that simple.

kane

EOG master
He's looked pretty good but is just as much a reflection of the environment he's been placed in.
Bingo! Put him on the Jets, Bears, or Jaguars, and what would his numbers look like? Not saying he hasn't done a good job, he has, but if you're a rookie QB you couldn't ask for a better situation than the one he's in

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
What hurts the development of QBs like Fields, Lawrence, Wilson, is that being put on teams like the Bears, Jags, and Jets means their careers are dead to begin with. Not even Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc. over the last year could turn around these dysfunctional organizations. I joked about it earlier but it is true, when these names are called by these teams on draft night, all of the spectators - live and on TV, should get to hear the team rep apologize on microphone with a simple "I'm so sorry" as they shake the player's hand.

Mac Jones, more wins than the other 4 drafted in front of him put together. He's looked pretty good but is just as much a reflection of the environment he's been placed in.

I do believe it is that simple.
To be fair, Manning was on a god-awful Colts team. That is the exception rather than the rule though. One thing that will help Lawrence next year is a OL with their top pick.

Valuist

EOG Master
Fields HAS looked better. Granted, the bar was real low from his first several starts. The starts in Cleveland and Tampa were horrific, and it looked like the game was too fast for him, but his L2 he hasn't been holding onto the ball as long. It's likely no coincidence that in the SF game where he started to show improvement, Nagy was where he belongs: at home watching the game with Covid.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Took 7' on Indy vs the Bills. Bills knocked Indy out of the playoffs on this same field. Already this year Clev got revenge by covering vs KC, Pitt beat Clev,Wash beat TB,NO beat TB,only Seattle not covering vs the Rams in what was a tough loss prevented a clean sweep.