Random notes and thoughts

kane

EOG master
I started a similar thread on another forum and it became quite popular, figured I'd do the same here. Instead of starting a thread every time you have some random thought in your head, you could just post it here.

Today's total of 13 in the SD/Col game was the highest total of the season, the game went over in the bottom of the second inning, LOL

ChuckyG

EOG Master
I like it. Sort of a freedom of thought thread. Alan Boston style.

My thought:
*CONCACAF Gold Cup is a joke. 16-team tournament, but look at the list of teams.

USA might win it, but would be like Mike Tyson knocking out a string of tomato-cans. I mean, cmon. Look at the string of island nations w/ population < 2.0Mill.

Copa America 2016 was cool. Combined 10 SoAmer sides + top 6 NoAmer sides. That was a legitimate tournament, this is not.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Watching Coll Baseball World Series:

*What a 9th inning finish.

First off, the pitcher was dying. Announcer Peterson noted that he had no confidence to throw anything other than Fastball.

Auburn defense melts down. At 4-3, 2outs and runner on 2nd. Routine ground-ball to 3rd baseman, runner on 2nd runs straight to 3rd.

Third baseman contemplates tagging the runner (who is only feet in front of himself). He doesn't, airmails throw to 1st. Error, tying run scores + floodgates open to 5-4 loss.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The second baseman should have been positioned in short right field long before the turn of the century.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks to baseball replay, umpires no longer sell safe/out calls on bang-bang plays at first base.

ChuckyG

EOG Master
Compound interest on the dumbing of the gene pool. Retardation is close to taking over the entire planet.

Diablo, u ain't kidding. You a fan of the musical group Devo?

Their band name was a play on words for De-evolution. 40years later, I say they were spot-on.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
LeBron James, Chris Paul and Russell Westbrook were spotted courtside last Friday night at Mandalay Bay Events Center for the WNBA game between the Las Vegas Aces and New York Liberty.

Wonder if they realize how expensive those seats are?

The WNBA lost $12 million last year and the NBA made up the difference.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I saw a dude get pretty animated in Omaha this weekend on a bang bang. He got his money's worth with the call.

Went to replay. He was right.

I usually trust the players over the umps when it comes to getting the call right.

After all, the players have a special kind of eyesight and reflexes.

The umps are commoners.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I usually trust the players over the umps when it comes to getting the call right.

After all, the players have a special kind of eyesight and reflexes.

The umps are commoners.

When this was all new in baseball, I think you were/are right.

Think some of these baseball players have been watching too much soccer lately though.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

First off, the pitcher was dying. Announcer Peterson noted that he had no confidence to throw anything other than Fastball.

Auburn defense melts down. At 4-3, 2outs and runner on 2nd. Routine ground-ball to 3rd baseman, runner on 2nd runs straight to 3rd.

Third baseman contemplates tagging the runner (who is only feet in front of himself). He doesn't, airmails throw to 1st. Error, tying run scores + floodgates open to 5-4 loss.

Came thiiiiiiiiiiiiis close to taking Auburn +200+ but held back at the last second. To say I am one happy camper would be a massive understatement

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Winky living right in the hospital and out.

When I go in on Monday my fave nurse will be there. A 5'11" blonde with legs that never end and a great smile - and the right age - early 30s. She loves having me as a patient because we talk food and because I am as low maintenance as it gets. She works the 7P-7A shift and unless my IV Machine beeps (meaning I have to page her and have her come in and take care of it - something I have ZERO control over) I never bother her, something she loves. She has 4-5 patients to take care of every night but when she has me she says it is like having 1 less patient to deal with. I have another nurse from St. Louis who is also super cute. She will be in a good mood since she is a Blues fan.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Watching the replay now.

"Airmails throw to first" was the perfect description.

Miserable way for Auburn to lose the game.

Twenty-eighth time this season that Mississippi State posted a come-from-behind win.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Love the thread
A better question is why are the nets who have the best upcoming head coach imo so enamored with signing Irving who isnt coachable and letting the same type of offensive weapon who is coachable walk?

Why do great cash game players insist on playing wsop high buy in tourneys I have 2 dear friends stuck in the 20-60k range when the soft cash games are 20 feet away. Game doesn't translate.
Why is every college football preview magazine in such a rush we are 5 weeks ahead of schedule compared to 2017 with steele, athlon, lawrence..the transfer portal isnt done until July 15th by August 15th the 15-22$ per mag might be worst investments than betting Vangorder unders.
Am I the only one who thinks the pels stole the f out of the AD trade?
This could be Hershel Walker except Walker wasn't gonna sit out half a yr with a year left on a contract. Ball Ingram haven't even come close to developing yet and then you throw in 4 draft picks. Their ceiling is higher than the Lakers floor in 2 years imo.
Who is betting the Orioles at this point? Every day some guy has to be martinagling is my only reasonable explanation.
Tampa is in 1st place and the auto parts store giving away free lugnuts on Mondays outgrew them today I'm fairly sure. Portland, Memphis, Omaha, San Antonio someone has to want baseball by now.
Why haven't they come up with a one dog fits all puppy training treat. I have a 4 pound 8 week old shih tzu the treats at every pet store are huge compared to her.. she will be potty trained by 2021 at this rate.

Best 2 all and thanks for the space

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Last 6 days of Major League Baseball Totals:

Overs 52

Unders 24

Pushes 7

Thanks for the note, OUCH.

Under bettors are faring much better in the WNBA.

After 44 games, a dedicated under bettor is 29-14-1.

Many of the league's best players are sidelined by injury and the league's field goal percentage is hovering around 42% after exceeding 44% over the past three seasons.

Valuist

EOG Master
I wouldn't get too worried about the last 6 days. I'm having a good MLB season and bet more unders than overs. I usually don't bet more than 2 totals in a single day. IMO, this is nothing like 2017, when I got my ass kicked betting unders in May and June of that year as the juiced baseball crushed many of us who tend to bet under. I bet I'd be up 30 units in the best bet thread if not for the ass kicking I took in May and June of 2017.

Valuist

EOG Master
What's happened to Patrick Corbin? This guy has been awful in his last 3 starts. Those last 3 starts were all on the road but certainly not against the best offenses: San Diego, White Sox and Reds. Maybe he's just a home/road split guy: career 3.43 ERA at home, 4.46 on road.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Love the thread
A better question is why are the nets who have the best upcoming head coach imo so enamored with signing Irving who isnt coachable and letting the same type of offensive weapon who is coachable walk?

Why do great cash game players insist on playing wsop high buy in tourneys I have 2 dear friends stuck in the 20-60k range when the soft cash games are 20 feet away. Game doesn't translate.
Why is every college football preview magazine in such a rush we are 5 weeks ahead of schedule compared to 2017 with steele, athlon, lawrence..the transfer portal isnt done until July 15th by August 15th the 15-22$ per mag might be worst investments than betting Vangorder unders.
This could be Hershel Walker except Walker wasn't gonna sit out half a yr with a year left on a contract. Ball Ingram haven't even come close to developing yet and then you throw in 4 draft picks. Their ceiling is higher than the Lakers floor in 2 years imo.
Who is betting the Orioles at this point? Every day some guy has to be martinagling is my only reasonable explanation.
Tampa is in 1st place and the auto parts store giving away free lugnuts on Mondays outgrew them today I'm fairly sure. Portland, Memphis, Omaha, San Antonio someone has to want baseball by now.
Why haven't they come up with a one dog fits all puppy training treat. I have a 4 pound 8 week old shih tzu the treats at every pet store are huge compared to her.. she will be potty trained by 2021 at this rate.

The only way LA wins the trade is by winning a title in the next couple of years with LBJ and the Pels butchering the draft picks.

This is a very interesting draft for up and comers in the West (NO and SAC come to mind). The door is open in the conference to make a big move forward.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Toronto starts an "opener" tonight who gives up no runs. Edwin jackson now comes in and gives up 7 in the 2nd.

Heim

EOG Master
Toronto starts an "opener" tonight who gives up no runs. Edwin jackson now comes in and gives up 7 in the 2nd.

I think he's done with Toronto and mlb......35 earned runs in 25 innings?! Although he did hit 95 & 96 on the gun.

As Gubicza just said...the batters will let you know when it's over.

Valuist

EOG Master
I think he's done with Toronto and mlb......35 earned runs in 25 innings?! Although he did hit 95 & 96 on the gun.

As Gubicza just said...the batters will let you know when it's over.

I love to see the velo guys get buried. A lot more to pitching than pure power. Same goes for hitting.

railbird

EOG Master
Love the thread

tourney players looking for large score, and/or maybe free rolling with backer. ncaafb mags come out in july for more sales. Lavar Ball made a great case
on Steve A show on how good pelicans starting 5 will be and will have good chemistry

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
tourney players looking for large score, and/or maybe free rolling with backer. ncaafb mags come out in july for more sales. Lavar Ball made a great case
on Steve A show on how good pelicans starting 5 will be and will have good chemistry
Some CFB preview mags were out Memorial Day weekend.

choslamshe

EOG Master
The NBA desperately needs a team like the Pels to do something crazy ala St. Louis Blues. Not as big of a deal on the ice, but I'm in love with the potential of the Pels.

Do they ship off Jrue? I say no, he would be the perfect navigator...