Ray Luca VS. William Lee HEAD TO HEAD Horse Racing Challenge! 30 DAYS!

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated
Re: Ray Luca VS. William Lee HEAD TO HEAD Horse Racing Challenge! 30 DAYS!

Agreed. Lee could hit some crazy exacta and win this thing, but Luca seems to have a lot more skill.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Agreed. Lee could hit some crazy exacta and win this thing, but Luca seems to have a lot more skill.

I needed his 1 to finish 2nd yesterday for a score. His key horse (the big favorite) was way overbet at 3/5 and I keyed the 1 even though the 2 was longer. I even used his 2 for a buck in a pk 4 which I got beat a nose in the last leg. You would think after the scratch he woulda at least come back and make a $1 box 1-2. The guy does not know how to bet. Most people do not. I make my share of mistakes as well, but if I like 1 2 4 in a race and the race lands 2-1 the longest way possible, you have to cash.

Now he will come in and say he bets who he thinks will win regardless of the odds :fainting:

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Its not worth trying to educate people cause most people especially horseplayers have giant egos and think that they know everything. I have really learned over the years to keep to myself keep my mouth shut, mind my own business and just say thank you to people for their contributions to the pools

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Just an idea, if u guys decide to do this again in the future

with the way its currently setup, with Luca coming over the top of Lee and picking horses in the sasme race its almost impossible for a poster to tag along, unless they just pick someone in advance to follow..Luca obviously has more skill here in the horses so clearly following him first and foremost is probably smart, however is he giving out his best horses for the day seeing hes forced to pick horses in a race he might not have even looked at and only did because lee went first

I decided to do it this way. Lee wanted me to anything I wanted. JHU said he can hit a big one in the next 4 days and win it and he can. But if a poster follows me, the poster is getting all the value. Now if this went on forever I cannot lose. On Day 30 its possible he can be ahead

I needed his 1 to finish 2nd yesterday for a score. His key horse (the big favorite) was way overbet at 3/5 and I keyed the 1 even though the 2 was longer. I even used his 2 for a buck in a pk 4 which I got beat a nose in the last leg. You would think after the scratch he woulda at least come back and make a $1 box 1-2. The guy does not know how to bet. Most people do not. I make my share of mistakes as well, but if I like 1 2 4 in a race and the race lands 2-1 the longest way possible, you have to cash.

Now he will come in and say he bets who he thinks will win regardless of the odds :fainting:

Luca what the fuck is wong with you. This is cyberspace,lol. Telling me I don't know how to bet. I started my 30/30 thread to make money after 30 days, did ok first 60, hit a losing streak. Oh IO know you never lose,lol. My key horse was the 4 and so what if he was favored. Why would I bet 1/2 boxed? You are a good monday morning QB pal. OK I am done, you win, you are much better. I will continue to keep betting the way I have been doing the last 40 years. Funny thing is I haven't worked in the last 15 years Luca how bout you? And its not because I can't lol. :LMAO

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I like Luca's funny line about "contributing to the pools."

Lee insists he's a survivior.

I always deadpan wayward gamblers by saying, "I hope you're not betting big money with that opinion."

rdalert447

EOG Dedicated

I like #10 Benergy at Belmont Race 7, if anyone wants to burn a twenty.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Funny thing is I haven't worked in the last 15 years Luca how bout you? And its not because I can't lol. :LMAO

I work at Target during the day and pump gas at night...

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Why would I bet 1/2 boxed?

You like 3 horses and two of them are very long and you dont even wanta play it in a friendly no wager contest and you want people to believe ur a winning player

Ridicurous [sic]

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I'll finish the 30 days

Day 28

Friday 10/7 Belmont Race 1

$1 Exacta key box #7 Tap Attack (10-1 ML) with 3,5,6 = $6

Ray Luca

EOG Master

They got the chalk out. Race landed 5-6-7 ....Will update my record later

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

William is not finishing? He broke down?

Ray Luca

EOG Master

We'll give Lee minus $6 for failing to submit a pick today

After 28 days

Luca -$3.40
Lee - $62

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

William Lee's on the vet's list (lame).

Ray Luca

EOG Master

hehe

Day 29 Sat 10/8

Belmont Race 2

$6 Win #8 Raffies Choice (12-1 ML)

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Raffie did not want to run at all today. No doubt a terrible performance

Pressure on me tomorrow to finish in the black

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Luca versus the takeout.

Now it's a fair fight.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Final Day 30 Sunday 10/9

Lets play late speed in the Belmont opener

Bel 1st
$6 Win #6 Rakehellish currently 9/2

FYI i'm using 2,3,10,11 in exotics

15MTP GL

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

Nice try. What you showed is that you can win, even with picks that land in the red, if you hook them up right in the exotics. Tough to beat the take-out, though.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

We need to organize a horse racing contest here at EOG featuring our best contributors.

I like the idea of putting guys like Ray Luca or redalert447 or 2W2P2S or Discreet Cat in the spotlight to challenge one another and teach newcomers the game of horse racing.

By the way, the 10-2-6 trifecta in the opener at Belmont Park paid $179 for every $2 wagered.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Nice try. What you showed is that you can win, even with picks that land in the red, if you hook them up right in the exotics. Tough to beat the take-out, though.

If you keyed the highest odds of my contenders which was #2 at 10-1, you hit everything.

We'll do again in January

And don't forget im in red but played all his races, by choice. We had 3 at Yonkers and several at Philly

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Is it safe to say that nobody wins long term betting horses?

Safe to say most people Bricker. There are a few left. Some of those few think everyone has the same data and value is hard to find.

Ive only bet horses a few times, but it usually seems like people are slightly up or down big. Unless of course they hit a really big longshot. How long have you been playing horses, and are you up or down lifetime?

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I started playing trotters at age 13....losing player for 20 years....the last 10 years i've become a lifetime winning player. A few pk4/pk6 scores and a rebate helped that

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'm eager to meet Ray Luca one day.

We need to recruit more guys like Ray to EOG.

rainbow

EOG Master

Hey Ray, Do you know a guy that lives in Vegas thats from New Hampshire that makes a living betting horses? He is a lot sharper than Lil Johnny...

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Hey Ray, Do you know a guy that lives in Vegas thats from New Hampshire that makes a living betting horses? He is a lot sharper than Lil Johnny...

No, I do not but there is a handful like that there. Why?