RIP Palace of Auburn Hills

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
The rest of the Palace of Auburn Hills was imploded early this morning to make way for an industrial park. I had lots of great memories there, Pistons, concerts, etc. Only 30 years old, the place became the blue print for NBA arenas. Who could forget the Malace at the Palace when Ron Artest went into the stands, with disgraced ref Tim Donaghy working that game. The Pistons now play at Little Caesars Arena, and NBA basketball just isnt the same.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Great name for an arena and a crafty way to promote the city of Auburn Hills.

I was at the Las Vegas Hilton SuperBook watching the Pacers-Pistons game on the night of the infamous game dubbed "Malice at the Palace."

Surreal.

1594507543207.png

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Piston fan who threw the contents of a cup at Ron Artest lit the match.

Artest was laying/resting on the scorers table at the time of the incident.

And then all hell broke loose.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Surprised it was torn down, it really wasn’t that old.

The Palace opened in 1988.

Cool address for the arena: 6 Championship Drive.

The number changed from 1 to 2 and so on after its basketball tenants (Pistons and Shock) won league titles.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This asshole should be restricted to his stupid capping thread until he finishes and settles up.

May 18, 2018

If I ain't above water after 100 plays I'll donate $250 to an agreed on contest format.

Feel free to comment no matter who you vote for, pray to, if you kneel at work, like other dudes or your mom. Just don't fukkin discuss that here. Thanks in advance.

Lines will be Pinnacle at time of post, Faves to win a unit, dogs risking a unit. No 19 unit plays. No buying shit. Be done as soon as I finish.

I ain't selling shit or talk it either. Post a bit of reasoning if time permits. I ain't quit if I'm own 42 units either. I don't eat buffet, root for Cubs and my mailman name Gordie not Shirley. So please don't shit up my thread.

Start tomorrow.
16-34-1

-16.82 units

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
The Red Wings never played at the Palace. After former Pistons owner Bill Davidson died, there was rumors that Mike Illitch would buy the Pistons and move the Red Wings to the Palace, but that never happened. The Pistons did play a few games at Joe Louis though. They use to play in the Pontiac Silverdome, and after a heavy snow storm, the roof tore, causing the 1984 playoff game vs. Bernard King and the Knicks to be played at Joe Louis. Isiah scored something like 25 points ind the 4th qtr, went to OT, and the Pistons eventually lost.