Roberts Has Done It Again...

railbird

EOG Master
another thing roberts does wrong is he will take out a hot relief pitcher, braves are smart keeping smylie in while hot

Heim

EOG Master
Roberts has a manageable game in the 9th. 5-2.

He said Treinen and Jensen can go two if necessary. What are you saving them for?

They aren't the focal point in the bullpen game next up.

9-2 and done

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don’t get why teams feel they have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to their pitching staffs in the playoffs. Pitchers are used to their roles, and managers are changing them in non-elimination games.

Valuist

EOG Master
I don’t get why teams feel they have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to their pitching staffs in the playoffs. Pitchers are used to their roles, and managers are changing them in non-elimination games.

I think they feel they have to justify their job. I agree its ridiculous. For years, remember how much heat Dusty Baker got for leaving starters in too long? Nice job by him last night. The die hard math geeks would never have let Valdez pitch past the 6th. Some would've taken him out before the 6th. He ended up saving their pen a couple innings.

railbird

EOG Master
roberts is a puppet for the dodger jews. LMAO off at the shifts on Freeman after he had 3 oppo liners the other day, Albies also adjusted and hit a grounder to a 3rd baseless infield

Heim

EOG Master
Bueller was done too. 207 regular season innings twice on short rest in playoffs.

Can't blame Roberts for everything. Staff over-worked.

However could he screw the Urias situation any worse. He used him 3x in
a week.

Fortunately for Roberts his WS ring will keep him employed another 2 years.

You just have to wonder if this team will ever decide to become disciplined like most other organizations. Everyone else figures out how to get more out of what they have and the limits on spending they follow. The Dodgers just go out and spend to try to fix the problem. Be very interesting if Max gets a big deal from them or this is a spot where they say we have enough and try to solve for things in other ways. I don't know if another starter was what they needed, more like a couple more pen arms they trusted.

railbird

EOG Master
You just have to wonder if this team will ever decide to become disciplined like most other organizations. Everyone else figures out how to get more out of what they have and the limits on spending they follow. The Dodgers just go out and spend to try to fix the problem. Be very interesting if Max gets a big deal from them or this is a spot where they say we have enough and try to solve for things in other ways. I don't know if another starter was what they needed, more like a couple more pen arms they trusted.
they had enought talent to win it, Roberts, Guber, Friedman made every wrong decision possible, same as they always do

kane

EOG master
they had enought talent to win it, Roberts, Guber, Friedman made every wrong decision possible, same as they always do
roberts a quota hire, friedman a jew, magic a faggot with aids, billy jean king a dike, that's why the dodgers lost