Ron Paul Co-Sponsors yet ANOTHER Big Government boondoggle

The T. Boone Pickens Earmark Bill

by Myron Ebell on <abbr class="published" title="2011-05-05">May 5, 2011</abbr>
in Blog,Features,Politics

The T. Boone Pickens Earmark Bill

Republicans in the House of Representatives are flocking to support a bill to extend and create a number of taxpayer-funded subsidies for manufacturers and buyers of vehicles powered by natural gas. Nearly eighty House Republicans (and a hundred Democrats) have signed up as sponsors of H. R. 1380, the New Alternative Transportation to Give Americans Solutions Act (or NAT GAS Act). Just call it the T. Boone Pickens Earmark Bill.

Many conservative Republicans in the House, particularly a number of new Members with Tea Party connections, have sworn that the fiscal and economic crisis confronting America requires a radical change in federal policies. Out-of-control spending must be stopped; spending earmarks must be abolished; crony capitalists on the prowl for corporate welfare must be sent packing; subsidies for special interests must be abolished; government must stop interfering in the economy and let free markets work.

That big talk doesn?t seem to apply when the spending is being earmarked for a crony capitalist who is one of the biggest contributors to Republican candidates in history?billionaire T. Boone Pickens. Apparently, some subsidies are good if they benefit the right special interests. And government interference in the economy is wonderful if it is done in the name of reducing oil imports.

H. R. 1380 would extend the tax credit of 50 cents per gallon of liquid natural gas (or its equivalent of compressed natural gas) when used for fueling vehicles and provide purchasers of natural gas vehicles with credits ranging from $7,500 to $64,000. The lower end is for passenger cars and the upper end for big trucks. There are also credits for natural gas vehicle manufacturers and for installing natural gas fueling stations.

Why are billions of dollars of taxpayer-funded subsidies needed?

According to T. Boone Pickens?s web site, it?s because natural gas vehicles are cheaper to operate than gasoline or diesel vehicles: ?Even with higher initial costs (which will disappear as manufacturing ramps up) the life-cycle costs of NGVs [natural gas vehicles] are significantly lower. Fuel costs are at least 15 percent less using natural gas rather than gasoline or diesel.?

So people need to be paid in order to make them want to buy vehicles that will save them money. Yes, that makes sense: I always prefer the more expensive product unless there is a government rebate for the cheaper one. Call it the Boonedoggle bill. :doh1

As for getting us off foreign oil, this claim is trotted out to support every payoff to special interests in the energy sector. It?s a claim for which little evidence is ever produced. What will reduce our dependence on foreign oil is producing more of it in this country. What the bill will do is increase demand for natural gas, which will tend to increase prices for natural gas, which means a big payoff for T. Boone Pickens, who has invested heavily in?you?ll never guess?natural gas.

It?s sad to look at the list of conservatives who claim to be principled who have signed up to support the Boonedoggle. Here?s the complete list of Republican sponsors as of today. The chief sponsor is Rep. John Sullivan of Oklahoma. Most surprising and perhaps most disappointing is Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, who claims that he votes against everything that isn?t in the Constitution. I seemed to have missed the section of the Constitution that allows taking billions of dollars from taxpayers to give to fatcat billionaires and corporate welfare queens. 2938u4ji23 Call it the Pickens-Your-Pocket bill.

This stampede by conservatives, including several freshmen who identify with the Tea Party, to support the T. Boone Pickens Earmark Bill makes a mockery of their claims to want to cut federal spending, eliminate subsidies to special interests, and get government out of people?s lives.

We?re very close to returning to business as usual in Washington.

Tagged as: corporate welfare, crony capitalists, H. R. 1380, hypocritical Republicans, nat gas act, natural gas, Pickens, Pickens Plan, Ron Paul, subsidies, Tea Party

Re: Ron Paul Co-Sponsors yet ANOTHER Big Government boondoggle

As someone who has been following this faux-libertarian clown since the 1990s, I continue to be amazed at his Obama cult-like following.

FYI, Ron Paul would NOT cut a single red cent domestically. Instead, he'd team up with Democrats and destroy the military.

Big Government, Big Labor, anti-proofer tank loves the guy, what more do you need to know? :doh1

Yet another BIG GOVERNMENT RINO who needs to be retired. 2938u4ji23

tank

EOG Dedicated

As someone who has been following this faux-libertarian clown since the 1990s, I continue to be amazed at his Obama cult-like following.

FYI, Ron Paul would NOT cut a single red cent domestically. Instead, he'd team up with Democrats and destroy the military.

Big Government, Big Labor, anti-proofer tank loves the guy, what more do you need to know? :doh1

Yet another BIG GOVERNMENT RINO who needs to be retired. 2938u4ji23

]
It makes my day when the king of kooks has to try and slam Ron Paul.Where did he go to get this info at ??Global warming.org!!!!:LMAOI never knew you was a tree hugger Joe!!Maybe Ron Paul wants us to try and get away from foreign oil and support America for a change rather then keep buying oil from countries that hate us.As far as your lies about him not cutting spending domestically then you have proven you do not know shit about him.Only a clueless idiot would say that.
National Taxpayers Union: Only Ron Paul Would Cut Spending

NTU Report: Other Republicans would increase spending by billions
According to a report released Tuesday by the National Taxpayers Union, Texas Congressman Ron Paul is the only remaining presidential candidate who proposes net spending cuts.
According to the report, Congressman Paul’s proposals would cut government spending by over $150 billion, a conservative estimate of the spending reductions Dr. Paul has proposed. The report concludes that the other remaining Republican candidates, Mitt Romney, John McCain and Mike Huckabee, have proposed spending increases of $19.5 billion, $6.9 billion and $54 billion respectively.
“It should come as no surprise that when you crunch the numbers Ron Paul is the only Republican who would actually shrink the size and cost of the federal government,” said Ron Paul campaign economic advisor Don Luskin. “Romney, McCain and Huckabee don’t hold a candle to Ron Paul – the only true fiscal conservative running for President.”
In ten terms in Congress, Ron Paul has never voted for a tax increase or for an unbalanced budget.

Ron Paul says killing Osama bin Laden ‘absolutely not necessary’

He has flirted with blame America firstism before, and even with Truthers a couple of times, but tends to leave himself enough wiggle room so that he doesn’t come off as totally off his nut. That’s gone now.
Asked by WHO Radio’s Simon Conway whether he would have given the go-ahead to kill bin Laden if it meant entering another country, Paul shot back that it “absolutely was not necessary.”

“I don’t think it was necessary, no. It absolutely was not necessary,” Paul said during his Tuesday comments. “I think respect for the rule of law and world law and international law.

What if he’d been in a hotel in London? We wanted to keep it secret, so would we have sent the airplane, you know the helicopters into London, because they were afraid the information would get out?”
The fact that at least some elements in Pakistan have to have known about OBL’s whereabouts, and harbored him, and how that would have impacted any joint mission to go get him, is utterly lost on Paul.

This is the fundamental problem with Ron Paul: When it comes to foreign policy, he is not serious and is not credible. He makes no distinctions between real allies like the UK and duplicitous frenemies like Pakistan. And he always always blames America first. That’s his MO.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Ron Paul says killing Osama bin Laden ‘absolutely not necessary’

He has flirted with blame America firstism before, and even with Truthers a couple of times, but tends to leave himself enough wiggle room so that he doesn’t come off as totally off his nut. That’s gone now.

The fact that at least some elements in Pakistan have to have known about OBL’s whereabouts, and harbored him, and how that would have impacted any joint mission to go get him, is utterly lost on Paul.

This is the fundamental problem with Ron Paul: When it comes to foreign policy, he is not serious and is not credible. He makes no distinctions between real allies like the UK and duplicitous frenemies like Pakistan. And he always always blames America first. That’s his MO.

Too ashamed to even post where this rag shit came from.:LMAOIt is funny how your deport liberals and 82 guy handles are crying about us going in to Pakistan to kill him , and here you are complaining about Paul wanting to do the same thing.Unreal what a flake you are.Do you not even realize how you contradict yourself with the different handles you post under??:LMAOComedy Gold watching this shit.

Paul declares candidacy in 2012 GOP presidential primary

Go ahead. Act surprised:

Hey, it’s the first time that I can recall that someone announced their bid the day after they effectively killed it. Insisting that he would have asked the same Pakistani government that won’t cut ties with Mullah Omar and the terrorist network that conducted the Mumbai massacre to, pretty please, arrest Osama bin Laden reduced Paul’s level of seriousness as a candidate to, er, the same level it’s always been. Only the true believers will support that kind of befuddled thinking in a Commander in Chief, and even some of those might have second thoughts — although not in the comments section to this post, I’ll boldly predict.

The former record, by the way, was held by Joe Biden, who managed to wait for a few minutes after the announcement to kill his candidacy in 2007.

But even putting that aside, and putting aside the issue of his flirtations with white supremacists and anti-Semites for almost two decades in his subscription newsletter (and a donation scandal in 2007, too), :doh1 why would anyone take him seriously anyway? MSNBC calls him the “the Tea Party godfather,” which is ludicrous. Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin did far more for the Tea Party than Paul ever did, and Bachmann is also exploring a Presidential bid. Paul is a crank that routinely ends up on the wrong end of lopsided votes and has had zero success building coalitions in Congress. And let’s not forget that the last time America elected a President from the House of Representatives was over 130 years ago, and that in his mid-70s, Paul would be the oldest major-party candidate if he somehow managed to win the primary.

And wouldn’t that campaign look glorious indeed? The DNC would have a field day running quotes from Paul’s past newsletter gems in a campaign against the nation’s first African-American President.

So, go ahead and act surprised — and then have yourself a good laugh.

Too ashamed to even post where this rag shit came from.:LMAOIt is funny how your deport liberals and 82 guy handles are crying about us going in to Pakistan to kill him , and here you are complaining about Paul wanting to do the same thing.Unreal what a flake you are.Do you not even realize how you contradict yourself with the different handles you post under??:LMAOComedy Gold watching this shit.

Keep trashing sources so you can avoid addressing the arguments, Saul Alinsky style. Very effective. :thumbsup

This is a hoot. Its not often that someone can "out-Biden" Biden. :doh1

tank

EOG Dedicated

Paul declares candidacy in 2012 GOP presidential primary

Go ahead. Act surprised:

Hey, it’s the first time that I can recall that someone announced their bid the day after they effectively killed it. Insisting that he would have asked the same Pakistani government that won’t cut ties with Mullah Omar and the terrorist network that conducted the Mumbai massacre to, pretty please, arrest Osama bin Laden reduced Paul’s level of seriousness as a candidate to, er, the same level it’s always been. Only the true believers will support that kind of befuddled thinking in a Commander in Chief, and even some of those might have second thoughts — although not in the comments section to this post, I’ll boldly predict.

The former record, by the way, was held by Joe Biden, who managed to wait for a few minutes after the announcement to kill his candidacy in 2007.

But even putting that aside, and putting aside the issue of his flirtations with white supremacists and anti-Semites for almost two decades in his subscription newsletter (and a donation scandal in 2007, too), :doh1 why would anyone take him seriously anyway? MSNBC calls him the “the Tea Party godfather,” which is ludicrous. Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin did far more for the Tea Party than Paul ever did, and Bachmann is also exploring a Presidential bid. Paul is a crank that routinely ends up on the wrong end of lopsided votes and has had zero success building coalitions in Congress. And let’s not forget that the last time America elected a President from the House of Representatives was over 130 years ago, and that in his mid-70s, Paul would be the oldest major-party candidate if he somehow managed to win the primary.

And wouldn’t that campaign look glorious indeed? The DNC would have a field day running quotes from Paul’s past newsletter gems in a campaign against the nation’s first African-American President.

So, go ahead and act surprised — and then have yourself a good laugh.

Now the king of kooks will not even post where he gets his stupid shit from!!:LMAOYou have to love it when a birther kook calls someone else a tin foil hat wearer.:LMAOFull circle for the nut tonight.91023i2ndw;l

tank

EOG Dedicated

Oh hey can you post some good articles about his son who you raved on earlier this year??:LMAO:+textinb3

Ron Paul's history contains some curious indiscretions, including a vote for $232 million for federally mandated election reform (only 1 of 21 Republicans to vote for it) and a vote against the line-item veto - even after it was modified to pass constitutional muster. Paul's record on pork was outstanding in 2006, voting for all 19 of Jeff Flake's anti-pork amendments in 2006, but his record took a stark turn for the worse in 2007, in which Paul received an embarrassing 29% on the Club for Growth's RePORK Card, voting for only 12 of the 50 anti-pork amendments.

Some of the outrageous pork projects Paul voted to keep include $231,000 for the San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association's Urban Center; $129,000 for the "perfect Christmas tree project;" $300,000 for the On Location Entertainment Industry Craft Technician Training Project in California; $150,000 for the South Carolina Aquarium; and $500,000 for the National Mule and Packers Museum in California. This year, Ron Paul requested more than sixty earmarks "worth tens of millions of dollars for causes as diverse as rebuilding a Texas theater, funding a local trolley, and helping his state's shrimp industry."

In defense of his support for earmarks, Rep. Paul took the if you can't beat 'em, join 'em position, arguing that "I don't think they should take our money in the first place. But if they take it, I think we should ask for it back." This is a contradiction of Paul's self-proclaimed "opposition to appropriations not authorized within the enumerated powers of the Constitution." 2938u4ji23

tank

EOG Dedicated

Ron Paul's history contains some curious indiscretions, including a vote for $232 million for federally mandated election reform (only 1 of 21 Republicans to vote for it) and a vote against the line-item veto - even after it was modified to pass constitutional muster. Paul's record on pork was outstanding in 2006, voting for all 19 of Jeff Flake's anti-pork amendments in 2006, but his record took a stark turn for the worse in 2007, in which Paul received an embarrassing 29% on the Club for Growth's RePORK Card, voting for only 12 of the 50 anti-pork amendments.

Some of the outrageous pork projects Paul voted to keep include $231,000 for the San Francisco Planning and Urban Research Association's Urban Center; $129,000 for the "perfect Christmas tree project;" $300,000 for the On Location Entertainment Industry Craft Technician Training Project in California; $150,000 for the South Carolina Aquarium; and $500,000 for the National Mule and Packers Museum in California. This year, Ron Paul requested more than sixty earmarks "worth tens of millions of dollars for causes as diverse as rebuilding a Texas theater, funding a local trolley, and helping his state's shrimp industry."

In defense of his support for earmarks, Rep. Paul took the if you can't beat 'em, join 'em position, arguing that "I don't think they should take our money in the first place. But if they take it, I think we should ask for it back." This is a contradiction of Paul's self-proclaimed "opposition to appropriations not authorized within the enumerated powers of the Constitution." 2938u4ji23

Hell yeah they deserve to get their money back!!Is it suppose to go to all the welfare red states??I find it funny as hell you are crying like a liberal trying to discredit the guy who is doing the best job of trying to reel in spending.Comedy Gold watching the king of kooks go after Paul like a liberal with this stupid shit.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Ron Paul: "Our Revolution is HERE!!"

Submitted by Jefferson on Sat, 05/14/2011 - 20:00in

12 votes

Dear Liberty Activist,
Yesterday, I stood in the town hall in Exeter, New Hampshire, with a packed house of fellow Liberty Lovers and announced that I am a candidate for President of the United States.
And, let me tell you, the response has been tremendous!
We have been overwhelmed with media attention and interview requests. Just yesterday, I did nine national television interviews, as well as many New Hampshire–based appearances, and I even had to turn down many more. And, on Sunday, I will be the lead guest on Fox News Sunday.
But, more importantly, I have seen an outpouring of support from friends in Iowa, New Hampshire, and all across the country. Thousands of calls and emails have poured in offering support and encouragement.
Our REVOLUTION is now in a new phase. As the numbers build and the polling surges, we stand poised to win major political battles and take our Liberty back.
You and I know that America is the greatest nation in human history. Belief in Liberty, limited government, and sound money made us the freest and most prosperous people in the world.
But we are in danger. Two trillion dollar deficits, soaring inflation, endless foreign wars, and an ever-growing federal government threaten the very fabric of our nation.
All the work we have done together for the past decades has brought us to this place. We are challenging the status quo, and, if we come together now in these crucial times, we can win.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Drudge Alert – Ron Paul Has Best Chance vs. Obama in CNN Poll

Home ? In the News ? Drudge Alert – Ron Paul Has Best Chance vs. Obama in CNN Poll
<small class="metaStuff">May 6, 2011 1 Comment ›› admin</small> From CNN

“According to the poll, taken before the announcement of Osama bin Laden’s death, President Barack Obama has an edge over all the top GOP candidates in hypothetical match-ups.”
“Who does best against Obama? Paul. The congressman from Texas, … who is well liked by many in the tea party movement, trails the president by only seven points (52 to 45 percent) in a hypothetical general election showdown.”
Read the entire article here

Comments

<cite class="fn">Ron Paul Money Bomb June 5th, 2011 ? Daily Liberty Research</cite> says:
May 11, 2011 at 4:19 am
[...] Ron Paul needs our help to keep the momentum going for his presidential bid, which is looking stronger than ever after the Drudge Report pointed to Ron Paul as having the best chance against Obama in 2012. [...]

tank

EOG Dedicated

Obama v. Paul: Why Ron Paul is the Republicans’ Top Prospect for Winning the Presidency in 2012

By <address class="author vcard">Jack Wagner</address> – <abbr class="published" title="2011-05-08T13:47:05+00:00">May 8, 2011</abbr>Posted in: Republic

A recent CNN Poll, showing Ron Paul as the top Republican Contender to President Obama, has been boosting excitement amongst Paul’s supporters this last week. However, this trend actually started back in early 2010 when a Rasmussen Poll put Obama and Paul at a statistic dead-heat for the 2012 General Election.
So, Why Does Ron Paul Have the Best Chance to Defeat President Obama?
Statistics
<table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr valign="TOP"> <td width="20%">Pollster</td> <td width="20%">Date</td> <td width="20%">Obama (D)</td> <td width="20%">Paul (R)</td> <td width="20%">Rank in Poll*</td> </tr> <tr valign="TOP"> <td width="20%">Rasmussen</td> <td width="20%">04/14/10</td> <td width="20%">42</td> <td width="20%">41</td> <td width="20%">1st</td> </tr> <tr valign="TOP"> <td width="20%">PPP</td> <td width="20%">02/16/11</td> <td width="20%">48</td> <td width="20%">39</td> <td width="20%">3rd</td> </tr> <tr valign="TOP"> <td width="20%">CNN</td> <td width="20%">05/05/11</td> <td width="20%">52</td> <td width="20%">45</td> <td width="20%">1st</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> *Based on Point Difference Out of the Republican Candidates Polled Against President Obama
It is important to keep in mind that Polls usually have a wide margin of error, and do not reflect future realities. These numbers could go in either direction once Ron Paul gains the Republican Nomination. However, by looking at these polls, we can see that Ron Paul has the best chance of beating Obama out of any other Republican Candidate if the Election was held today.
Favorable vs. Unfavorable Opinions
Out of the 6 Candidates Polled in the PPP Poll potential candidates Trump, Palin, and Gingrich all carry a 50+% Unfavorable view amongst registered voters. That means that the majority of voters are unlikely to vote for them. These candidates may do well amongst Republicans, but their unfavorable rating amongst the general public may make it difficult for them to win the General Election. While Paul’s unfavorable rating is near that of Romney, those that are undecided on Paul make 31% of those that are polled, showing that Paul’s recognition amongst voters is one of his biggest obstacles.
This further study by the PPP shows the decline in favorability of the 4 GOP Front-runners (Huckabee, Romney, Gingrich, and Palin) over the last few years. Read the Article Here
Youth Vote
Out of the Republican Candidates Polled in the PPP Poll, Huckabee and Paul draw the most support from voters 18-29. Likewise, Rep. Paul continues to receive large crowds of enthusiastic students whenever he speaks on Campuses throughout the country.
Even back in 2008, a MySpace Primary Poll showed both Obama and Paul winning their respective contests. The article refers to a similar Facebook Poll that showed similar results.
Strong With Christians
Again, showing that Paul’s low recognition (and the high percentage of “unsure” voters) is one of the candidates biggest hurdles, this Barma study shows that amongst Christian voters, Paul comes in right behind the major front-runners (Palin, Gingrich, Romney and Huckabee), and amongst Independent Christian Voters, comes in second behind former Gov. Romney.
Paul has the ability to maintain the Republican Parties’ Christian Base, and open his Campaign to other Religions, for example, Rep. Paul was a strong supporter of the “Ground Zero Mosque” be given the same Rights and Liberties as would a Christian Religious Center.
Taking a more reasonable approach to social conservatism, by promoting Liberty and the Bill of Rights to secure freedoms such as expression of religion and individual equality under the law, Paul can maintain both religious conservatives while opening the door to pro-gay marriage, anti-drug war and other social issues that may seem “progressive” or “liberal.”
@ 10:15 Paul related Religious Freedom to the War on Drugs
New Voters, Independents and Democrats
Mostly backed by anecdotal evidence, my personal observations and reading have shown that a decent amount of Ron Paul’s support in 2008 came from people who had never voted until hearing Ron Paul’s message. This is very similar to President Obama’s support, which brought in many who had previous been disenfranchised by American Politics. Likewise, as I personally was a Registered Democrat from 2004, many people switched Party Registration in order to support Rep. Paul in the 2008 Republican Primary. This trend would be even more significant in a General Election, where Independents, Democrats, Libertarians and even Greens may give their Vote to Ron Paul; especially when it does not require changing Political Affiliation.
Obama’s Base
President Obama won an election on rhetoric promoting withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan, an end to Government Secrecy, Sensible Drug Laws, and a reign in on Corporate Welfare. The last two years have proved this to be just that, rhetoric. Rep. Paul has a proven voting record of supporting these issues, and, despite this recent PPP Poll showing that Paul has little support from 2008 Obama Voters, in a head-to-head competition with President Obama he may be able to win over some of those Votes. No other Republican Candidate would have this ability. This, again, is based on anecdotal evidence, however, similar to the last point, if you go to the “streets” and talk to people about this issue, you will find that what people say reflect these statements more so than they reflect the PPP Poll.
Okay, so he has the Best Chance, but he is Still Behind in the Polls
So true. So what do we do? Well, let’s look at his biggest weaknesses in the PPP Poll:​
Latino/Hispanic Voters
In 2008 Latino and Hispanic Voters made a huge shift from voting for the more conservative candidate to supporting Sen. Obama. Rep. Paul would have to make a concerted effort to win back these votes. How would that be possible, especially with his immigration Policies being shown as strict and conservative? I think there are two things that a Ron Paul campaign can do to improve this.

1. The War on Drugs: Frame the debate over the Drug War as not just a National Issue, but a Regional Issue. Commit to reducing the violence associated with the War on Drugs, and thus, reducing the violence on the border, and within the borders, of Mexico and Central/South American Countries.
  2. Matthew Gonzalez as Running Mate: Once securing the Nomination, I’d personally recommend Matt Gonzalez as a running mate for Rep. Paul. A strong Independent-Progressive from California, Matt was Ralph Nader’s running mate in 2008 and has since supported the likes of John Dennis (R) in San Francisco and has even spoken with Dr. Paul during a Anti-War rally in the Northern California City. This would not only help settle worries from potential progressive voters, but would also give Latin-Americans a prominent voice in National Politics.
Black/African-American Voters
None of the current Republican Candidates can say they fair very well within the Black and African-American Communities of the Country. With President Obama making history as the first Black President of the United States, this may remain an elusive voting block to capture. However, I think Dr. Paul has two clear policy positions that could potentially win over a number of African-American Voters.

1. The Death Penalty: Despite both President Obama and Attorney General Holder commenting in the past about the predominant racist outcomes of Capital Punishment Trials (with Blacks and Latinos having a overwhelmingly larger chance of being convicted and executed than Whites tried for similar crimes), neither has done a single thing at ending this abused practice. Ron Paul, known for being incredibly consistent in his views, has said time-and-time again, that on the issue of the Death Penalty, which he once supported, that his observations of the gross, racist, abuses of this punishment has forced him, as a conscious human-being, to oppose any further use of Capital Punishment in the United States. In doing so, Rep. Paul may have a chance at resonating with African-American voters. Related Studies: http://www.amnestyusa.orghttp://www.nytimes.comhttp://www.aclu.org
  2. The War on Drugs: Again, Paul differs himself from Obama in his strong opposition to the War on Drugs. Paul has even recently stated that he would pardon all non-violent drug offenders that are currently in federal prison if he were elected President. Currently, Blacks (and Hispanics) make up a hugely disproportionate percentage of Prisoners in America. Blacks (and Hispanics) are far more likely to be convicted of a drug charge than Whites, which, similar to the Death Penalty, shows how racists are able to use these policies to legally punish those they hate and deem inferior. THIS MUST STOP! And President Obama has shown little interest in making that happen. Related Articles: 12
At 9:30 into video talks about Pardoning Non-Violent Drug Offenders
Women and Voters Aged 30 and Above
Aside from low support from Hispanic and Black Voters, Paul’s next weaknesses remain in Female Voters and Older Voters. What can be done about this? I’m not sure. Paul’s religious objection to Abortion may be too much to overcome, even if coupled with a “libertarian” stance that would put the decision power into the hands of the states. And his support amongst older voters may be challenged by his view of phasing out Social Security and Medicare, despite Paul’s repeated assertion that those already in the system would not be left out of their benefits, and that even voluntary programs would be acceptable alternatives to a mandatory system.
The point of this article should be to show that, while Paul is the strongest of the current (and potential) Republican Candidates, he will still need to work toward winning the Presidency in 2012. However, I think a strong campaign focused on the issues and continued enthusiasm from Paul’s supporters, can easily overcome these hurdles. Communication is key, and right now, Ron Paul looks like the best candidate for the

tank

EOG Dedicated

Ron Paul: Why I Want To Be President

In this fantastic 12 minute interview with Judge Andrew Napolitano, Congressman Ron Paul explains why he wants to be president and gives the best answer ever: not because of all the things he wants to do as president, but all the things he wants the president to STOP doing to us.

tank

EOG Dedicated

The Case for Ron Paul for President

By Jesse Benton
Published May 13, 2011
| FoxNews.com

Editor's note: Fox News Opinion has invited every candidate who has officially announced their intention to seek their Party's nomination to submit an op-ed making their case to the American people.
America is the greatest nation in human history. Belief in Liberty, limited government, and sound money made us the freest and most prosperous people in the world.
But we have strayed far from our founding principles, and America now faces unprecedented challenges. Two trillion dollar deficits, soaring inflation, disregard for civil liberties, and an ever-growing federal bureaucracy threaten the very fabric of our country and the futures of our children and grandchildren.
We are spending ourselves into oblivion. The out of control Federal Reserve is destroying our dollar. Big government is undermining our personal freedoms. And, our foreign policy has us playing world’s policeman -- straining our military, draining our resources, and making us more vulnerable.
Congressman Ron Paul has been leading the fight against these problems for decades. And, he has consistently confronted these challenges with common-sense solutions: real spending cuts and adherence to the Constitution.

Ron Paul’s record of principled leadership is unparalleled. He has always fought for America’s constitutional values, even when it required him to stand alone in Congress, and no other leader in this country has a track record to match.
Dr. Paul had the vision to see where big government ideas would take us,as well as the courage to speak out when others refused to acknowledge what was coming. He predicted the housing bubble and the financial crisis and knows that these problems, caused by excessive spending and artificial credit, will not be solved by more of the same. As president of the United States, Ron Paul will have the strength and integrity to make the hard choices it will take to fix our country.
Ron Paul is the only presidential candidate who would cut enough spending to avert a debt crisis. Only he will restore constitutionally sound money. And, only he will strengthen our national defense by bringing our troops home and putting an end to the nation-building that is draining our country.
Americans are sick and tired of politicians who say one thing, do another, and conveniently switch their stands in time to run for higher office. Many candidates will give lip service to the problems we face, but when the rubber meets the road, how can we trust them to follow through?
America needs a president we can believe in. Dr. Paul’s unimpeachable integrity stands alone in a political environment crowded with opportunists and Johnny-come-latelies.
In these trying times, America needs the leadership that only Ron Paul can provide. America has moved far away from her traditions. We need a true statesman to lead us back to our roots and restore our Liberty.
Ron Paul is that man, and now is the time to take action. I hope America will join me in supporting Ron Paul for President of the United States in 2012.

tank

EOG Dedicated

In the space of 24 hours, Rep. Ron Paul (R., Texas) has voted for tax hikes, against censure for Charlie Rangel, and defended Julian Assange.

Ron Paul’s Diem Mirabilis - By Daniel Foster - The Corner - National Review Online

2938u4ji23
2 lies in one post.Even a record for you but since we all know you are a lying kook it does not matter.
Assange is an Australian and cannot be prosecuted here anyway and he voted for censure of Rangel.

tank

EOG Dedicated

Ron Paul Unveils a REAL Economic Stimulus Plan

Ron Paul Unveils a REAL Economic Stimulus Plan

Four-pronged approach will strengthen the economy by reforming taxes, cutting spending, improving monetary policy and eliminating burdensome regulations

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Quote Of The GOP Debate: Rep. Ron Paul Defends Heroin As ‘An Exercise Of Liberty’

Ron Paul - Republican Debate - Heroin | Mediaite

Heroin is an "exercise of liberty", but stealing other people's liberty (preserving the welfare state to support these degenerates) is okie dokie?

Straight out of the George Soros playbook.

:snort:

tank

EOG Dedicated

5 Things You Don't Know About Ron Paul

Written by: Jason Notte 05/13/11 - 7:00 AM EDT
Tickers in this article: NWS

WASHINGTON (TheStreet) -- Ron Paul announced another run for president this morning, which is great for the Republican hopeful's rabid followers but doesn't offer a lot of information for Americans still unsure what he's all about.
U.S. Rep. Ron Paul has spent 14 terms endearing his libertarian-minded fiscal policies to his constituents in Texas and roughly the past five years spreading the gospel of economic forbearance to a broader national following that loves him for it. The supporters he picked up during the Iowa and New Hampshire primaries of the 2008 presidential election were drawn to his calls for decreased federal debt, reined-in spending (including military cuts that put him at odds with the GOP establishment) and overall smaller government.

<table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="290"> <tbody><tr> <td> </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="padding-bottom: 10px;" align="left">Ron Paul has an uphill battle in another run for president, starting with the fact a poll shows he's popular with only about 5% of potential Republican voters. </td> </tr> </tbody></table> His message hasn't changed, but America's stance toward it certainly has. The economic crisis that ushered in the tea party movement and helped install some of its acolytes in office during the midterm elections brought many of Paul's criticisms of public programs, foreign policy and the monetary system to the fore. While some of his views are still considered extreme even in conservative circles -- ending foreign aid, immediately withdrawing troops from Iraq and Afghanistan, defending legalization of drugs including heroin (as he did last week during a Republican debate on Fox News(NWS)) -- elements of his platform are becoming more palatable to mainstream Republicans and voters.
"I think there was more of a consensus on foreign affairs four years ago within the Republican party and Congressman Paul was outside that consensus, and it disqualified him from being considered a serious candidate," says Trey Grayson, director of the Institute of Politics at Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government. "Four years later, especially after the death of Osama bin Laden, there's a lot less consistency in the Republican party on foreign affairs."
Few can offer as much insight into Paul's popularity as Grayson, who served as Kentucky's secretary of state from 2003 until January, capping his second term with a run against Paul's son Rand Paul in a race for the vacant Senate seat of Republican stalwart Jim Bunning. Despite endorsements from Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, former Vice President Dick Cheney and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Grayson lost the election by 23 points as Rand Paul's popularity with tea party supporters and libertarians swept him into office.
Congressman Paul is still popular with only about 5% of potential Republican voters and, according to a Rassmussen Reports poll conducted in April, trails President Barack Obama in a matchup 42% to 34%. Still, Grayson says Paul and his followers will grab more of voters' attention than they did during the 2008 campaign, partly because the electorate is more receptive to what they've heard about Paul's platform. But these five things the general public doesn't know about Ron Paul may just be his biggest strengths:
1. Ron Paul isn't a candidate, he's a community
When Ron Paul steps up to a podium, there isn't just a campaign behind him, but legions of followers chatting on RonPaulForums.com, sending out fundraising messages on YouTube, keeping up with him on DailyPaul.com and, for a brief while, finding love libertarian style on the now-defunct RonPaulSingles.com. It's a cohesive, committed community and woe to the candidate who underestimates it.

"For many of the Ron Paul supporters, it's like a lifestyle or a calling," Grayson says. "I don't want to equate it to a church because that sounds cultlike and that's not fair, but people who believe in Congressman Paul have this sort of bond and kinship that causes them to do other things."
Though Paul was unsuccessful in 2008, supporters have been instrumental in pressuring members of Congress for more auditing of the Federal Reserve and retained their relevance throughout the 2010 midterms. During his race against Rand Paul, Grayson says his campaign monitored the Ron Paul forums and chat rooms just to see how his followers were reacting and what they were planning.
"I don't know that these people can actually win, but they can impact the debate now," Grayson says. "None of the other candidates have that: They might have more supporters, but they don't have supporters for whom this is such an important part of their life."
2. Ron Paul drops money bombs
On Nov. 5, 2007, Ron Paul's team raised $4.2 million without ever picking up a phone or taking Paul off the campaign trail. A month later, Paul's tech team topped themselves by soliciting donations via YouTube, MySpace and other social networking sites and raking in another $6 million. The short-term, high-intensity fundraising known as the "money bomb" was born and, while it came too late to save the 2008 nomination, the Paul campaign's starting the bombing run early for 2012.

"They had the Fox News debate last week and there wasn't even a full-blown money bomb and they made $1 million in the snap of a finger," Grayson says. "For most candidates for president to raise $1 million in a matter of hours without lifting a phone or sending an email ... Mitt Romney might have the resources to raise money that quickly, but none of the others probably do."
The key, if not only, similarity between candidates Paul and Romney is that their support structure from the 2008 campaign remains intact and gives them a decided advantage over GOP newcomers. That edge may not mean much after the party hopefuls have finished bashing away at each other, but it provides a nice head start to a financially punishing race.
"In a presidential primary process that has a bunch of small states at the beginning that allow you to run without tons of money, because it doesn't cost tons of money to win in Iowa or New Hampshire, having that group of followers who are devoted to you and enjoy being in a community with one another is a nice recipe for having a much bigger impact today than four years ago," Grayson says.
The Web-focused money bombs only do so much. Rand's followers have a finite amount of money and once the Republican field whittles down to a few candidates, Grayson says even the tea party candidates have a better opportunity to build a national organization and larger fundraising network than Paul. While money bombs might not make Paul the richest candidate, the means by which they raise funds make him one of the most efficient.
3. Ron Paul's friends have friends
The AARP, the American Family Association and National Rifle Association have many Republican friends, but Ron Paul usually isn't among them. Fortunately for other, smaller issues groups, Paul doesn't care.

"There are a lot of third-party independent groups that are out there that help to promote a lot of the ideas that candidate Paul espouses," Grayson says. "Those groups will be out there and they will help out."
Paul's own Campaign for Liberty and its money bombs offer a firm base, but it's other groups such as the uncompromising Gun Owners of America -- which often criticizes the NRA for softening its stance on gun rights -- and the anti-union National Right To Work Legal Defense Committee that help bolster a candidate they believe is as adamant about their causes as their own membership. If there's any doubt about the campaign effectiveness of second-tier groups such as the American Tradition Partnership, which vows to fight "environmental extremism," Grayson says his primary against Rand Paul was evidence that their tenacity makes their presence in Ron Paul's corner worthwhile.
"One of these groups endorsed Rand in the primary and then, months later, sent us their endorsement questionnaire," Grayson says. "We didn't fill out the questionnaire because they endorsed him, so why bother, so then they sent out a mailer to their mailing list saying that Trey Grayson didn't fill out his questionnaire and therefore he must be anti-gun, pro-labor union or whatever it happened to be, which is absurd."
4. It's not a show: Ron Paul's always that libertarian
If you want some idea of how unwavering Ron Paul is in his ideals, compare his campaign with his son's Senate bid last year. Ron Paul still holds to the notion that the military detention facility in Guantanamo Bay should be closed immediately. Rand held a similar view at the beginning of his campaign, but changed his mind after it became clear the stance could become a liability.

It's the Pauls' varied views of the American military presence in Afghanistan, however, that draws the thickest line of demarcation.
"Rand will say that he would have voted to declare war in Afghanistan," Grayson says. "He wouldn't say what we're doing is unconstitutional because we're at war without a declaration of war, but that's kind of how his dad would approach it."
While libertarianism informs a lot of the Republican party platform and the views of Republican party candidates and is more popular today than 10 years ago, Grayson says the reality of the Republican primary process is that Paul's brand of pure libertarianism just doesn't play on a national level. While Grayson acknowledges that a lot of Republicans might want to dismantle certain functions of government, Paul's desire to eliminate the Department of Energy, Department of Commerce, Department of Education, Federal Reserve and other government elements is too much for most mainstream Republicans and even his tea party-friendly son.
"They're both out of the mainstream, but the way Rand markets it may be a little bit softer and sounds more mainstream even if it's in line with his father," Grayson says. "I don't think Rand would say anything about heroin users like his dad said in the debate last week -- he might have the same view, but he'll never say it."
5. Ron Paul's followers and finances far outnumber his chances
No member of the House of Representatives has been elected president since James Garfield in 1881. It's a tough obstacle, but still one of the smallest that Paul faces.

Paul's principled stances come off as personality quirks to mainstream Republicans, while his unorthodox plans for national defense leave much of the GOP cold. Grayson says his migration from realism and misgivings about projecting U.S. power abroad put him well outside the Republican mainstream.
That's fine if you're a fed-up follower looking to change the system, but not so great when the system is still determining candidates' "electability" and groups including the Republican Governors Association -- which raised $177 million for the 2010 midterms and spent $132 million on its various candidates -- hold the purse strings. The perception that Paul won't win in the fall prevents the GOP mainstream from investing in him in the spring, leaving his followers' donations as his one flush but finite source of funding. Less than six months after the tea party's midterm victories, the Republican establishment is still strong, and something Grayson says Paul can't do without if he ever wants a chance at the presidency.
"The money bombs are unique to him, Rand and the movement, but it's not enough to get past more than a couple of primary states -- you run out of money," Grayson says. "If Rand and I had been running in California, I would have been able to raise a lot more money as the establishment candidate, but he wouldn't have been able to raise that much more as the son of Ron Paul and a tea party candidate."

tank

EOG Dedicated

Ron Paul: The Best Income Tax Rate is 0%

221 ResponsesBy RonPaul.com on <abbr class="published" title="Wednesday, March 2nd, 2011, 6:10 pm">March 2, 2011</abbr>

Ron Paul on taxes, military spending, monetary policy and unions.
<small>Date: 03/02/2011</small>

1. Ron Paul: Let’s Stop Feeding the Beast that is Devouring this Country! <small>Statement on tax compromise legislation by Ron Paul I recently voted again in favor of...</small>
  2. Ron Paul’s New Bill To Audit The Federal Reserve Now Has 79 Co-Sponsors! <small>Ron Paul’s new bill (HR 459) to audit the Federal Reserve now has 79 co-sponsors,...</small>
  3. Ron Paul Asks Ben Bernanke: How Do You Define a Dollar? <small>Ron Paul confronts Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke on monetary policy, and says that Fed policy.</small>

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

With all due respect Joe, Ron Paul gets my vote

I truly believe that this is a man of principal, who says what he means, and means whats he says. He stands for those principals, like freedom, a strict obedience of the constitution, and personal responsability, even when the choices are politically difficult.

He is the only politician I have seen who understands the role of the Federal Reserve in creating inflation, and supporting the overspending by both parties for many years

You said,

How could you possibly make this claim? Ron Paul is the only one I trust to tell the american people the truth, and every speech he makes is about shrinking the government down to size, and eliminating any role the Federal government has now, that is unconstitutional.

He is the only one outspoken enough to say, we need to eliminate the IRS, Dept of Energy, Dept of Education, give power back to the states, and allow young people to break free of the ponzi scheme they call social security.

You really think Mitt Romney is a small government guy?? Tim, ( I used to like cap and trade, but now I dont) Pawlenty ?

There is no question in my mind that Ron Paul is the only one I trust to actually try and cut domestic spending.

Now its not that I dont trust him on decreasing his military spending, because I do. I really think he believes everything he says, although just like Obama, once he was in office, everything changed.

He has kept in place every policy Bush had

My feeling is Ron Paul will moderate somewhat when he is in office, but will certainly make strides towards closing many of the military bases across the world, and reducing costs.

I have news for everyone, this is going to happen no matter who we elect as president, as our economy collapses, and we are faced with no other options

Joe, I have nothing but respect for you , and it does concern me that you have such a hard line opinion about Ron Paul

As such, I agree to have an open mind, and will read everything you post to the contrary.

brucefan,

Wants drugs legalized. Apologizes to terrorists. Homosexualizes the military. Wants to end the Fed. Pigs out on pork. Votes to raise taxes. Wants to slash the military, but ignores the train wreck of the welfare state. Wants timmigration floodgates wide open.

One for eight is a terrible score.

I know you think he talks a good game, but its pure snake oil.

You really think Mitt Romney is a small government guy?? Tim, ( I used to like cap and trade, but now I dont) Pawlenty ?

Mitt Romney is abysmal, almost as bad as Ron Paul.

As for T-Paw, not on my short list but he'd be acceptable.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

brucefan,

Wants drugs legalized. Apologizes to terrorists. Homosexualizes the military. Wants to end the Fed. Pigs out on pork. Votes to raise taxes. Wants to slash the military, but ignores the train wreck of the welfare state. Wants timmigration floodgates wide open.

One for eight is a terrible score.

I know you think he talks a good game, but its pure snake oil.

Lets realize the times we live in , and political realities with which we are all dealing with.

The issue in this election will be the economy, not gays in the military, or legalizing heroin. ( although I think pot should be legal)

In every speech Ron Paul makes, its get the Federal Government out of our lives, and dismember the WELFARE warfare state.

Since the man has been saying it for as long as I can find any videos from him, I believe him.

Yes he wants to end the Fed, so do I, its been a disaster and we need sound money. However, I would relax, its not happening right away

Ron Paul has said he will vote against the original appropriations of the money every time. However once the bill is passed, the money will be spent. So the earmarking of the money by him means if he doesn't vote to allocate money to his district, someone else gets it. Seems reasonable to me

Ron Paul votes to raise taxes? I would like to see some evidence of that

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><IFRAME src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XGHA_Cv5oKc" frameBorder=0 width=560 height=349 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

brucefan,

A president has almost no power or control over economic and monetary policy. About the best the nation's chief executive can do is veto bad legislation -- in other words, get government out of the way and not FUBAR the economy (the opposite of what Obama has done).

A president cannot "audit the Fed". He can maybe use his power and the bully pulpit to push Congress in that direction, but clearly Ron Paul has proven he can't sell water to the man in the desert. This politico fossil has been in Congress for - what? - 126 years? What has he accomplished? Name a single piece of legislation he has co-authored?

Where a president does yield a lot of power and control is foreign policy (that and appointing judges), something Ron Paul himself admits and this current president is finding out. Paul's kook vision of "balancing the budget" is to blow up the military because he knows damn well progressives radicals won't compromise on entitlements, not will they can any of their other Big Government boondoggles. This is why the left adores Ron Paul. One of the biggest Ron Paul lies is his claim that he's "strong on the borders" but NumbersUSA says only one other Republican in the House has a worse record on border security than the GOP's version of Dennis Kucinich. :doh1

People who don't now any better project their hopes and dreams onto presidential candidates. It's called the "Obama syndrome", and look where that got us? Paulestinians embody the same demented mindset and as the Soros drones. "Only Ron Paul can save America! -- Ron Paul will save us from the evil, corrupt Fed!" Ron Paul this, Ron Paul, that.

Ron Paul isn't a presidential candidate, he's a cult. This is not to say that some of Ron Paul's ideas don't have merit, they most certainly do.

The problem isn't foreign policy or the evil Fed, it's progressive activism driving all these borderline insane policies. Every dysfunctional social democracy suffers from the same disease. Europeans are being driven into the poorhouse by the same communists.

A Ron Paul presidency won't change a damn thing, but a collapse of the European central banking system may, may be the canary in the coalmine Americans needs to wake the fuck up!

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Joe, we would not be in Libya if Ron Paul were president, thats for sure

and we shouldnt be

Mainstream Media Already Ignoring Ron Paul

Both Donald Trump and Mike Huckabee announced on Monday that they won?t be running for the GOP nomination to become President. This evening, Dick Morris, who is a frequent guest on FOX News shows including the O?Reilly Factor and was the campaign manager for Bill Clinton?s successful 1996 re-election bid, published an article he wrote entitled, ?The Big Winner: Romney?. Morris claims that Romney will get most of the votes from people who were supporting Trump and Huckabee up until now.
In Morris? article, he published a ?survey? he conducted before Trump and Huckabee pulled out, showing who he claims voters are supporting for the GOP nomination. His survey showed: ?Romney-22, Huckabee-20, Trump-15, Gingrich-11, Palin-9, Bachmann-6, Pawlenty-3, and Daniels-2.?
Dick Morris? survey 100% ignored Ron Paul, who announced on Friday that he is running for President and seeking the GOP nomination, and recently raised $1 million in a single day money bomb. Some of the others who he included in the survey aren?t even officially running for President! According to several other recent polls, Ron Paul has been either tied or within two percentage points of Gingrich, Trump, Palin, and Bachmann.
Ron Paul is the only candidate who voted 100% of the time throughout his political career against all spending increases and 100% of the time to protect the U.S. constitution. If the rest of Washington, DC, was like Ron Paul, NIA is 100% sure that not only would the U.S. economy not be in the crisis it is today with hyperinflation likely to breakout in the upcoming years, but we would have a healthy, strong, and growing economy with a balanced budget and a solid currency that is backed by gold and silver.
Not only is the mainstream media ignoring Ron Paul, but it is ignoring the fact that price inflation in the U.S. is spiraling out of control. NIA?s popularity is growing by leaps and bounds because the American public is beginning to wake up in masses and they are seeking alternative media sources like the NIA to learn the facts and truth about the U.S. economy that they can?t find anywhere in the mainstream media.
NIA doesn?t understand how anybody with an ounce of intelligence could possibly support Romney. It is absolutely insane that Morris could proclaim Romney ?the big winner? when Romney has said that he won?t make the Federal Reserve a campaign issue. NIA has been working tirelessly to educate Americans into understanding that unless something is done about the Federal Reserve and its ability to print trillions of dollars out of thin air all in the name of stimulating job creation, nothing that is done in Washington has any meaning. Congress can cut $100 billion in spending tomorrow, but it won?t mean a thing if the Federal Reserve creates another $500 billion in ?quantitative easing? (or whatever new phony name it comes up with for money printing) the very next day.
Ron Paul is the only candidate running for President who understands how the Federal Reserve has stolen 97% of the dollar-denominated wealth of Americans over the past century through inflation. If more Americans became members of NIA and were educated to the truth about why their standard of living is in such rapid decline, and why prices for food, gas, health care, and college tuition are skyrocketing even with real unemployment at 22%, Ron Paul would be elected as President in a heartbeat.
Mainstream Media Already Ignoring Ron Paul | National Inflation Association Blog

tank

EOG Dedicated

Joe, we would not be in Libya if Ron Paul were president, thats for sure

and we shouldnt be

Mainstream Media Already Ignoring Ron Paul

Both Donald Trump and Mike Huckabee announced on Monday that they won’t be running for the GOP nomination to become President. This evening, Dick Morris, who is a frequent guest on FOX News shows including the O’Reilly Factor and was the campaign manager for Bill Clinton’s successful 1996 re-election bid, published an article he wrote entitled, “The Big Winner: Romney”. Morris claims that Romney will get most of the votes from people who were supporting Trump and Huckabee up until now.
In Morris’ article, he published a “survey” he conducted before Trump and Huckabee pulled out, showing who he claims voters are supporting for the GOP nomination. His survey showed: “Romney-22, Huckabee-20, Trump-15, Gingrich-11, Palin-9, Bachmann-6, Pawlenty-3, and Daniels-2.”
Dick Morris’ survey 100% ignored Ron Paul, who announced on Friday that he is running for President and seeking the GOP nomination, and recently raised $1 million in a single day money bomb. Some of the others who he included in the survey aren’t even officially running for President! According to several other recent polls, Ron Paul has been either tied or within two percentage points of Gingrich, Trump, Palin, and Bachmann.
Ron Paul is the only candidate who voted 100% of the time throughout his political career against all spending increases and 100% of the time to protect the U.S. constitution. If the rest of Washington, DC, was like Ron Paul, NIA is 100% sure that not only would the U.S. economy not be in the crisis it is today with hyperinflation likely to breakout in the upcoming years, but we would have a healthy, strong, and growing economy with a balanced budget and a solid currency that is backed by gold and silver.
Not only is the mainstream media ignoring Ron Paul, but it is ignoring the fact that price inflation in the U.S. is spiraling out of control. NIA’s popularity is growing by leaps and bounds because the American public is beginning to wake up in masses and they are seeking alternative media sources like the NIA to learn the facts and truth about the U.S. economy that they can’t find anywhere in the mainstream media.
NIA doesn’t understand how anybody with an ounce of intelligence could possibly support Romney. It is absolutely insane that Morris could proclaim Romney “the big winner” when Romney has said that he won’t make the Federal Reserve a campaign issue. NIA has been working tirelessly to educate Americans into understanding that unless something is done about the Federal Reserve and its ability to print trillions of dollars out of thin air all in the name of stimulating job creation, nothing that is done in Washington has any meaning. Congress can cut $100 billion in spending tomorrow, but it won’t mean a thing if the Federal Reserve creates another $500 billion in “quantitative easing” (or whatever new phony name it comes up with for money printing) the very next day.
Ron Paul is the only candidate running for President who understands how the Federal Reserve has stolen 97% of the dollar-denominated wealth of Americans over the past century through inflation. If more Americans became members of NIA and were educated to the truth about why their standard of living is in such rapid decline, and why prices for food, gas, health care, and college tuition are skyrocketing even with real unemployment at 22%, Ron Paul would be elected as President in a heartbeat.
Mainstream Media Already Ignoring Ron Paul | National Inflation Association Blog
Disgusting.Why are they all so afraid of Paul??He is the only one taking on the real problem of this country.