Ross Porter Stats

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ross has been a good listen since the 60's when he was on knob with Tom Brokaw and Kelly Lange

I remember when John Beard and Kelly Lange hosted news shows for the NBC affiliate in Los Angeles.

Reporters in the field would end their report and send it back to the studio by saying, "That's the story from downtown Los Angeles...John...Kelly."

Made me do a double-take every time.

Last edited:

common guy

EOG Senior Member
Ross in his prime would have told you what percentage of their life they had live at the point of their last movie and what day of the week shooting had concluded

railbird

EOG Master
On August 23, 1989, Porter set a major league baseball record for broadcasting 22 straight innings on radio by himself in a six-hour, 14 minute game against the Expos in Montreal.

skinny

EOG Addicted
On August 23, 1989, Porter set a major league baseball record for broadcasting 22 straight innings on radio by himself in a six-hour, 14 minute game against the Expos in Montreal.
I was listening to that game on KDWN in Las Vegas that night. I bet the expos and thought I won in the 16th inning when they scored on a sac fly.
Lasorada appealled that the runner left early and was right.
3rd base umpire Bob Davidson called him out and the game continued.
Dodgers won 1-0 in 22 innings.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I was listening to that game on KDWN in Las Vegas that night. I bet the expos and thought I won in the 16th inning when they scored on a sac fly.
Lasorada appealled that the runner left early and was right.
3rd base umpire Bob Davidson called him out and the game continued.
Dodgers won 1-0 in 22 innings.

SKINNY is a gambler's gambler.