Saturday MLS play: Sporting Kansas City +110 (6:30 pm et)

High3rEl3m3nt

EOG Dedicated
Last week, the Red Bulls pulled off a stunning victory over the severely undermanned Real Salt Lake, who were without their star goalie in Romando, star defender Beltran, and arguably their most critical piece in Kyle Beckerman. After RSL's reeling loss in the time after extra time the previous week and still without key players, I predicted a very motivated Red Bull team to hand RSL a second consecutive loss. The Red Bulls are a team that has had focus issues all season, and having secured three former RSL players in the offseason, I felt a wounded RSL team would captivate their attention, while RSL would struggle to recover without key veterans. Unfortunately for my bet, the first half went a little too easy with the Red Bulls scoring a soft goal and another, taking an early 2-0 lead within the first 25 or so minutes--blew an easy opportunity to take a 3-0 lead.

With the lead secured, the Red Bull's fell on their own sword and RSL surged forward, with Saborio putting up a hat trick to put RSL ahead 3-2--too bad he didn't show up for Costa Rica. Then, for a second time in two weeks, the impossible. Espindola scores in the 89th for the tie and in the 94th minute, in the final seconds of added time, the Red Bulls regained the lead.

Tonight's match pits them on the road, against the East's top team, Sporting KC, who matches up favorably with NYRB. With only a point difference separating the two clubs, one might expect NYRB to come out focused, but all one needs to do is look at their past road performances. This is not a team that travels well and unless they're playing the league's bottom rung teams, who simply can't match their talent, they struggle mightily to play focused for a full 90 minutes.

Sporting KC will expose NYRB for who they are: they are the bullies of the east, who have benefited from beating bad and undermanned teams. Sporting KC return home after two weeks of road play, including their victory in the extra of extra time at RSL. With key players serving international duty, they did lose on the road to a very solid team in Montreal a week ago. That's two, back to back road games against some of the league's toughest opponents, especialy at home. Tonight, off a loss and against the number 2 eastern team, who has serious focus issues, especially on the road, I look to KC to separate themselves from the boys.

Sporting KC -110 X 3 units

High3rEl3m3nt

EOG Dedicated
Re: Saturday MLS play: Sporting Kansas City +110 (6:30 pm et)

RSL Colorado Under 1 -125 first half to win 1.5 units

RSL has suffered two consecutive losses in unbelievable fashion. Tonight, key players return to the line-up on the road, against a Rapids team who is playing solid. Rapids do not overwhelm teams offensively, but they play off their defense and take advantage of key opportunities. Expect a conservative RSL to come out against a respected divisional foe and at worst, this play pushes.

High3rEl3m3nt

EOG Dedicated
Re: Saturday MLS play: Sporting Kansas City +110 (6:30 pm et)

I should have added that NYRB will be without Tim Cahill, who is the team's best midfielder and a source for goals and assists to NYRB's Henry. KC will also be without an all star in Graham Zusi, who is their best midfielder. The difference being in the losses is that KC has better depth and will also be able to hone in on Henry, whereas NYRB will suffer a greater setback in trying to replace what Cahill brings to the table.