Seattle Mariners- FRAUD

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
18 games over .500 with an overall run differential of -9 :+clueless. Can't remember ever seeing an MLB team with such a good record have a negative run differential. I think this team is a total FRAUD. What do you guys think?

Valuist

EOG Master
Re: Seattle Mariners- FRAUD

The Rangers two years ago had a bigger differential. Usually its the makeup of the pitching staff. The Rangers were strong with Darvish and Hamels (we are talking about 2016) 1-2 and very weak in the 4th and 5th starters. Their 7,8, and 9th inning guys were very solid, but the others were dreadful. So they ended up with a great record in one run games but would lose other games 11-3. They were the opposite of a bully. One can say their one run record evened out, but took the next season to do so. It maybe still didn't even out but at least it became closer.

Seattle will always have a handicap in that they always lead MLB in air travel miles. Their closest divisional opponent is around 800 miles from Seattle.

Heim

EOG Master

There is recent precedent with similar teams, to wit, 2012 Orioles and 2016 Rangers. They'll probably make the playoffs but a good fade in WC and/or division playoffs. It's all about bullpens now and their three are as good as any in AL to sustain.

Heim

EOG Master

No doubt Mariner brass is wondering why they ever signed Cano...

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Jb, remainder of season is < 60 games. What is your projection on SEA moneyline rest of year? -5 units?

Mr. Carney

EOG Member

18 games over .500 with an overall run differential of -9 :+clueless. Can't remember ever seeing an MLB team with such a good record have a negative run differential. I think this team is a total FRAUD. What do you guys think?

Oakland is better. Houston clearly best in that division.

They are an above average team, with average starters.

Nothing special, I agree. And, I am fading their asses, as the season progresses.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated

Agree- no way that pitching holds up. Leake, Gonzalez, Leblanc and Hernandez, lol. Paxton seems legit, but not great the past 2 months.