Shark attack in Newport Beach

Re: Shark attack in Newport Beach

It was a woman that was attacked what are the odds she was menstruating?

ehh NVM she was 52....

railbird

EOG Master

Quoting shark statistics is not analytics. When someone tells you that 5 people
a year die from sharks worldwide, explain how you spin that to where a shark killing
you is something that is all of a sudden a great threat.

Five people a year die from shark attacks. Even if they're all surfers (and they're not)
that still is a minuscule percentage of those in the water.

Saying that planes are more dangerous than cars is just wrong too and is the same type
of thinking that makes people think sharks are so dangerous. Plane accidents and shark
attacks are both things people have tremendous fears of. When the rare instance of a death
occurs (in 2008 NO ONE died due to a plane crash in the US) then the event makes headlines.
No analytics needed for either of these. When the numbers are that small you don't need
to be Rhodes Scholar to deduce that it's an ultra rare event when someone dies that way.

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/air-travel-safer-car-travel-1581.html

planes an sharks aren threats to those that don't go in water and planes which is most. 99pct of Chinese don't own cars or have seen dentist.

railbird

EOG Master

The beach should be banned so the lifeguards can go find jobs elsewhere.

they save more lives than cops and fireman combined. My friend Mitch Brown is a fire chief in lacounty makes 260,000, before he was a fireman he tried out for lifeguards, could not make the 1st cut, which was run swim run

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

RAILBIRD DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE BEING A LIFEGAURDS IS A CAREER MAYBE IF YOUR A LAZY GAY BUM WHO DOESNT WANT TO WORK

TO ME A LIFEGAURDS IS A GUY OR GAL WHO JUST GOT OUT OF HIGHSCHOOL OR COLLEGE AND NEEDS SOMETHING ON A RESUME SO THEY LIFEGAURDS FOR A FEW MONTHS NOT WORK THERE FOR 40 YEARS :doh1

RAILBIRD DO YOU EVER GO TO THE BEACH AND SCOUT THE FAGS WHEN THEY ARE IN TRAINING THEN GO BACK AND SEE IF THEY MAKE THE TEAM YOU SICK BASTARD.IMAGINE GETTING A HARD ON ABOUT A LIFEGAURDS

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

they save more lives than cops and fireman combined. My friend Mitch Brown is a fire chief in lacounty makes 260,000, before he was a fireman he tried out for lifeguards, could not make the 1st cut, which was run swim run

navy Seals they are not....

Would like to see some stats to back up your claims....

railbird

EOG Master

navy Seals they are not....

Would like to see some stats to back up your claims....

many of them will be competing this summer in brasil in water polo. I can assure you there are no navy seals in Olympics. Lifeguards do not crash helicopters

MrTop

EOG Master

many of them will be competing this summer in brasil in water polo. I can assure you there are no navy seals in Olympics. Lifeguards do not crash helicopters

a lifeguard is no match against the US special forces when it comes to being brave my friend.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

We are comparing water polo to what navy seals do? You can't make this up.

MrTop

EOG Master

do you think Mr. Trump will be able to stop the shark attacks too?

:pop: