Should the Pats trade Brady?

Re: should the pats trade brady?

Exactly...SAS made the point that maybe it is Belichick who makes Brady look so good, not vice versa

All the supporting cast has a lot to do with how a QB looks. The offensive line, the receivers, the play calling - so many factors why some QB's have looked like stars on one team and left for dead on others.

The Giants defense was the reason it wasn't the best game for Brady and the Pats. That Giants defense held the Pats to 14 points in a season where they were runnng up the score on most every team.

This is the NFL, teams aren't scared of another team. Now, an opponent might be better than them but they certainly aren't scared of them. The Giants were a better team that day as evidence by the final score. The Pats might have very well have won the next 4 games if the SB was a best of 7, but it isn't obviously.

Oh, I'm not saying they're scared...but originally I said: "Who would want to play Brady in a Super Bowl?" He's pretty damn good at combacks. He's pulled out some games no one thought he would. I'm not saying that they'd be shaking in their boots, just that if they got to chose the starter, they'd put in Cassel.

I think the Giants and Pats were pretty evenly matched for that SB. It could have gone either way. I mean, the Pats had beaten the Giants a few weeks earlier.

Exactly...SAS made the point that maybe it is Belichick who makes Brady look so good, not vice versa

Why does it have to be one or the other? Can't they just be two talented guys that wiork well together? :+clueless

Everyone gets so wrapped up in who is making who look good and who is carrying who....aren't all the players part of a TEAM? I don't care how good an offense is, they won't win without a strong defense and vice versa, right?

All the supporting cast has a lot to do with how a QB looks. The offensive line, the receivers, the play calling - so many factors why some QB's have looked like stars on one team and left for dead on others.

teams are hardly ever faced w/ the dilemma of shipping out a franchise qb in their prime...the only person i can think of off the top of my head is brees and look what hes doing now...

Why does it have to be one or the other? Can't they just be two talented guys that wiork well together? :+clueless

Everyone gets so wrapped up in who is making who look good and who is carrying who....aren't all the players part of a TEAM? I don't care how good an offense is, they won't win without a strong defense and vice versa, right?

defense wins championships...but look at the manning led colts or the brees led saints...put up tons of numbers and wins (not the saints this season) without a solid defense

granted peyton has a championship...but youll never see that again...their d was giving up like 150 on the ground per game during the regular season then bit down only allowing like 70 in the playoffs...

royboy

EOG Dedicated

there is absolutely positively 0.0000000000000000000% chance the pats give cassel the nod over brady...there is no reason they should trade him...think about trading him...or even breathe the fact of trading him...

unless a team is willing to give up their 1st round picks for the next half decade...any speculation on trading brady is absolutely retarded

this... guys like brady and manning are pretty much untouchable, as they should be.

Congrats on a 14th selection

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has once again found himself joining elite company with his record-tying 14th trip to the NFL Pro Bowl.