So how will this forum be moderated?

At the RX, bad things about the owners/mods were deleted. Very strict. You had almost no free speech about anything that concerned the people in charge negatively.

At OGD, pretty much everything goes.

At MW and OGD, it's more of an in-between situation.

So as far as the moderation/rules go, how will this forum pan out?

Only asking to decide whether it's worth it to stick around or not...

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Jake,

Moderating is not a science, but I like common sense, politeness, and courtesy. A lot of whining, moaning, and crying or fighting is foolish.

We are going to moderate on the fly for awhile, using common sense and courtesy.

All the best

PS, I do not care what Rx, MW, MJ's, Covers, etc... does. I respect their right to run their forums as they see fit.

Hey Jake, Welcome Aboard

I would be willing to say just about anything will fly here except racial remarks and threats against other posters. We don't plan on banning anyone or deleting any post; if it gets to brutal the thread may make its way to the Dump.

The worst that can probably happen to a poster is a day or two on post review along with a "whats up" email from us.

I hope I answered your question, Take Care, Glaken

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
Jake- why would you ask that question??? Seems like you are more intersted in causing trouble than posting.

I enjoyed reading the other site very much but it changed when The Shrink didn't own it--- now that he owns this site- I think we got a great opportunity to learn some things.

General is was very good at the other site and am glad he is here.

Dewey Finn said:
Jake- why would you ask that question??? Seems like you are more intersted in causing trouble than posting.

I enjoyed reading the other site very much but it changed when The Shrink didn't own it--- now that he owns this site- I think we got a great opportunity to learn some things.

General is was very good at the other site and am glad he is here.

To be completely honest, I felt the way the RX has been moderated was borderline anal-retentive so if this place was going to be the same way I wasn't even going to waste my time. That's all.

Not causing trouble but I don't like total censorship.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
The General said:
Jake,

Moderating is not a science, but I like common sense, politeness, and courtesy. A lot of whining, moaning, and crying or fighting is foolish.

We are going to moderate on the fly for awhile, using common sense and courtesy.

So perfectly said General. The way it should be done. Many times you have to bite your tongue, especially when you are a moderator.Others take note.........

I believe the General answered this question quite well...

Dewey and jake,

We appreciate having both of you and I think you will find us very tolerant...

THE SHRINK...

Dewey Finn

EOG Enthusiast
Shrink---

You are talking to an absolute newbie here-- but I think this type of stuff is what destroys the good discussion. Obviously Jake wants to say some things that are not in the best spirit of the forum.

I just don't agree with it-- there are other forums maybe a guy would be more happy at those.

I always thought your sights promoted good, frank discussion and General aided that--if somebody doesn't like it too bad.

Anyway my two cents--Jake post here and lets have some fun.

MW is strictly moderated and all negative remarks about advertisers are deleted and you are banned

RX is worse though

No one has been banned and posters can talk GOOD or BAD about any sports book they want to without the thread being edited or deleted...

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
I would say deletion is not an option here. We all know what happenes when threads start getting deleted or altered.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Filibuster said:
I would say deletion is not an option here. We all know what happenes when threads start getting deleted or altered.

True, but I see no problem with moving them to The Dump........

How about you Fili?

Any forum owner that bans posters has to be a fukkin idiot, its all about traffic period. Any forum that bans posters is usually covering something up and it turns posters off.

Some forum owners are asuch idiots

jjgold said:
Any forum owner that bans posters has to be a fukkin idiot, its all about traffic period. Any forum that bans posters is usually covering something up and it turns posters off.

Some forum owners are asuch idiots

The General has done a excellent job here as the head moderator so far

Thanks General:+waving-5

Wriigley that is funny!! LMAO

I am trying to bait Russy and fire him up so he blasts me at MW and I get free advertising, he is not budging!!