So tired of soccer offsides replay

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
It's becoming the pass interference review of futbol. 2 goals taken off the board in Atletico Madrid in the first half already. Others world-wide denied goals today due to at best questionable calls. Throw some more juice won't you be and dsi on those unders. I can see a clear break before the kick is attempted over the line, but some of these aren't even marginally close.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
It's becoming the pass interference review of futbol. 2 goals taken off the board in Atletico Madrid in the first half already. Others world-wide denied goals today due to at best questionable calls. Throw some more juice won't you be and dsi on those unders. I can see a clear break before the kick is attempted over the line, but some of these aren't even marginally close.
The 2nd one was ridiculous. I was thrilled because I took the 1.5 goals with betis but wow.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
No doubt about it. You'd think in a "sport" struggling to score they'd be sure before they made these kind of calls? Nope.

On an unrelated note isn't it nice to come up here at EOG and not have to read grown men calling everyone a Nazi, crying about an orange man.......

And getting bogged down on a bunch of cartoons from posters with the mental abilities of a bored 8 year old?

Simply marvelous the new direction of EOG - onwards and upwards INDEED.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

How about the other day in the PL! The Man U guy throws himself on the leg of the defender. Spikes him. Should get a Red. Instead gets a PK. Twitter goes nuts. A few days latee the PL confirms what we all knew - bad call.

The PL had all this time to get it right....but got it wrong.

The offside rule is so hard to call though in real time on the field, I think they have to figure out a way for technology to make the call every time. Put sensors on the players in a common location like you have on the ball and go with it, the computer can make the call immediately. Put in some slight rule tweaks saying if a guy has a half shoulder ahead of a defender it's OK provided the sensor agrees. The spirit of the rule is just for players not to be ahead of defenders, not that every inch of their body is in a certain position.

Cyclops was fun, never saw otherwise rational people ever get so upset with a non feeling computer.

If you could get the offsides and if a ball goes out of bounds handled by technology, put all three officials into action to call stuff or at least have two refs like in hockey. It's made a huge difference to the game to not rely on one ref to handle everything.