Straight from the desk

SSI

EOG Dedicated
Just the facts...

things ive played this season, that havent worked out.

The Program: 11-1 (-$1453)
Capping: 33-31 (-$300)
Old Runline Chase: 22-2 (-80 units)
Value Plays: 9-10 (-$125)

things ive done this season, that have worked..

O/U Chase: 62-0-1 (+60.80 units) (0 pending) (376-1 run in baseball)
Action Chase: 41-0 (+41.00 units) (1 pending) (2008 record)
RLBO Chase: 4-0 (+4.00 units) (retired while ahead)

mondays plays..

O/U Chase 64
a) Padres Over 7.5 (-1.10) $55 to win $50

Action Chase 42
b) angels Over 10 (-1.20) $120 to win $100

thats all for me in sports today...

currently (researching, monitoring, trading) a Mechanical System to trade the emini sp 500...

here are the results thru the first 8 complete trades.

1. (+$2000) (+40pts)
2. (-$450) (-9pts)
3. (+$250) (+5pts)
4. (+$750) (+15pts)
5. (+$450) (+9pts)
6. (-$150) (-3pts)
7. (-$450) (-9pts)
8. (-$350) (-7pts)

4 wins/4 losses (+$2050) (+41pts) in (7.5 trading days)

currently in Trade 9

9. Short 1 ESU (1262.00), stop/reverse buy orders working at (1255.00).

which means, no worse than a (+7pt win) on this one....

trailing a 13pt stop, with orders to reverse on each stop as well..

taking all (+$2000) (40pt moves) to the downside and all (+$750) (15pt moves) to the upside....

have a nice day...

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated
Re: Straight from the desk

new lows now being made, stop/reverse orders will trail the market 13pts off the low of move... profit target will be set at exactly (1222.00)...

SSI

EOG Dedicated

TTP: Shrink and i never even discussed the actual wager, im sure he will tell you that...

I owe him nothing, he knows this.....

BobbyW: the action chase are handicapped plays. the other one is a system play..

Trade 9: (+$400) (+8pts)

in short at 1262/out at 1253.75

and if im out of trade 9, im into trade 10

10. Long 1 ESU (1253.75), the run was all the way to (1265.00)... here is where it sits as of now.. stop/reverse orders at (1252.00), so we have a (+2pt risk) on the trade...

as i type this, i see we are stopped out and short again...

Trade 10: (-$100) (-2pts)

currently into Trade 11

11. Short 1 ESU (1252.00)..... stop/reverse orders working overnight at 1264.00...

this was a wild day, normally (1-2 trades) not this wild ride..

tool21

EOG Dedicated

SSI, don't you think it's funny the only things that have worked for you are chases??? The reason why is because short term they work. Long term you will lose, you just haven't arrived there yet. So when you're referring to something thats worked ONLY this season and it is a chase it deserves no cheer. Look up some scientific results regarding martingale betting. Flat betting is a much improved system over martingale. Educate yourself.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Trade 1: (+$2000) (+40pts)
Trade 2: (-$450) (-9pts)
Trade 3: (+$250) (+5pts)
Trade 4: (+$750) (+15pts)
Trade 5: (+$450) (+9pts)
Trade 6: (-$150) (-3pts)
Trade 7: (-$450) (-9pts)
Trade 8: (-$350) (-7pts)
Trade 9: (+$400) (+8pts)
Trade 10: (-$100) (-2pts)

Results: 5-5 (+$2350) (+47pts) (-$250 in comm) (+$2100) and thats trading only 1 contract at a time, in (7.5 trading days)..

Trade 11: currently Short 1 ESU (1252), stop/reverse orders working overnight at 1264.00

SSI

EOG Dedicated

tool, the (O/U Chase) has a documented 5yr winning record in the (nba, mlb and nhl)... currently its on a (376-1 run) in baseball... and its 100% mechanical. if you would like, go to Covers and start looking it up... ive explained it many times.. and little buddy, the capping is (33-31), hardly a disaster..

fortunately i did educate myself but thanks for looking out, Junior..

SSI

EOG Dedicated

low tonight of (1248), lowering stop/reverse to (1261), still trailing it 13pts behind..

SSI

EOG Dedicated

low was made overnight at (1236)

trade 11 ended with a stop/reverse buy order at 1249, for a (+3pt) win..

trade 12: Long 1 esu (1249), stop/reverse is trailing 13pts behind the move, profit target at 1264, for the cashout to the upside... we need a nice bounce today... oil is down again, metals and grains down, maybe we get a hop..

tuesdays mlb plays..

chase 64
b) padres Over 8 (+1.00) $105 to win $105 (greek)

chase 65
a) oakland Over 7.5 (-1.20) $60 to win $50 (betjam)

action chase 43
a) whitesox Under 9 (+1.00) $50 to win $50 (greek)

good day gentlemen

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

not that bad...

The Program: 11-1 (-$1453)
Capping: 33-31 (-$300)
Old Runline System: 22-2 (-$4000)
Value Plays: 9-10 (-$125)

O/U Chase: 62-0-1 (+$3040)
Action Chase: 42-0 (+$2100)

Bad Things: (-$5878)
Good Things: (+$5140)

Overall: (-$738)

and thats very close to the real numbers, as close as i can figure..

Tonights Plays.

Chase 64
b) pads Over 8 (+1.05) $105 to win $105

Chase 65
a) Oakland Over 7.5 (-1.20) $60 to win $50

Action Chase 43
a) whitesox Under 9 (+1.00) $50 to win $50

I have this thing figured out now, no trouble... year round with (2 in baseball) (3 in the nba) and (2 in the nhl)... just play it and forget it.

Ive moved on to the emini, with my fulltime work. currently monitoring and playing a mechanical system, actually its 2 systems with the basics the same, except for the exit points...

Trailing a (13pt) (stop/reverse order) in the market at all times... with the exception of where to cash out (take profits)..

system 1: take all profits of (+40pts) on the downside and all profits of (+15pts) to the upside.

system 2: take all profits of (+20pts) on the downside and all profits of (+10pts) or more to the upside..

here are the results now, thru 14 complete trades..

system 1: (7-7) (+$2450)
system 2: (8-6) (+$2700)

currently no open trades, if you notice, we had the big upmove late today and this system automatically catches all the big moves... so we cashed out with both systems and now wait on the downside move, current pivot order (stop/reverse order) is at 1263.25 (exactly 13pts) below the high of the move..

SSI

cd329

EOG Member

SSI,
Be careful with the markets. There are people who have spent their whole entire lives studying the markets and they have never been able to come up with any systems to beat the market.
good luck thou
cd:cheers

SSI

EOG Dedicated

cd329, ive messed with them for several years myself...

for now, im mostly monitoring, ive took a couple of these.. i want to get 50 trades in the books....

i play with a stoploss in the market with possibly the most volume, so slippage is non-existent.. they take (GTC) orders, so your covered after hours as well..

cd329, here is a tip just for you.. "turn your pockets inside out and just buy silver"... this market is going to absolutely explode in the coming months... remember who told you.

historically silver has traded at a (15:1) ratio to gold, we currently are near a (50:1) ratio.. guess whats going to happen?

heart222

EOG Veteran

Hi. I was looking at your system 1 with larger profits to the downside and shorter to the upside as we are in a bear market now and the downside moves are longer. What will determine when we are in a bull market and change your profittargetst more upside and lessdownside and what will determine when we are in a neutral market and both sides should be eqal? I would suggest a 5/25 mov. ave to determine where you are as to changing your profit targets. currently short as 5 is lower than 25. This has ben a god market for your system just be careful when it gets choppy. I thought Mondays late action would have caused you problems but your targets may have been far enough away. best of luck as always.
Couple of questions on o/u baskets are 5 games to start system? NFl any o/u numbers or season is to short? college baskets how about say sec and acc or to random first half of year. Regards as always heart222

historically silver has traded at a (15:1) ratio to gold, we currently are near a (50:1) ratio.. guess whats going to happen?

I wouldn't think this will happen any time soon SSI? Charts I've seen have it as many years since the ratio was 15:1. The ratio is dropping but seems to have flattened out a little over the past couple of years?

However silver prices have been on the up for the past few years and the incline is getting steeper. Its just that gold is also on the up and up so the ratio isn't changing a great deal.

Its interesting reading about your trades - certainly something different. I hope they continue to do well for you.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

boys heart222 is a professional in the markets, so nice to hear from you.... bobk, if you have my email, please get in touch with me, id love to pick your brain over the emini...

as for the systems, NFL is too short (simple as that), nothing for college either...

efcbomber: my advice is coming from a good friend, who happens to be my broker of 12yrs... he is expecting a huge move up this year, perhaps to the $25 or $30 levels...

bobk, yes the choppy market will kill me, thats why im mostly monitoring this for the moment... is this not a spinoff of one of your old ideas? im trying to remember from several years back...

bobk, this system has a lot of very good qualites, much bigger wins than losses... catching all the big moves, automatically...

we had a terribel 12pt loss on trade 13 but bounced right back with the nice win on trade 14... the upmove is continuing today, im currently flat and waiting on the next move down to re-enter, as my profit targets were hit to the upside...

here is an update as of wednesday july 9

ou chase: 63-0-1 (+61.80 units) (1 pending) (377-1 run for baseball)
action chase: 42-0 (+42.00 units) (1 pending) (2008 record)

wednesdays plays

chase 64
b) oak Over 8.5 (-1.15) $127 to win $110

chase 65
a) sea Over 8.5 (-1.15) $58 to win $50

i know they are playing each other but treat as 2 separate chases..

action chase 43
b) wsox Under 9 (-1.20) $120 to win $100

thats it for sports on wednesday....

here is an update on the 2 mechanical emini systems, thru 14 complete trades..

system 1: 7-7 (+49pts) (+$2450)
system 2: 8-6 (+54pts) (+$2700)

both are waiting on the next down move to re-enter short, current orders working.

sell 1 esu (1265.75) this is 13pts off the high of current upmove..

bobk, coincidentally, if you had a profit target of only 3pts on each of these trades, your record would be (13-1)(+$1350)... so that would be in the money as well...

bobk, email me..

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

anything pertaining to silver... ETF's for one.... buy call options in december, i have 2 (dec 22 call options) that cost me $4760...

if your not afraid of futures, you can GO Long the dec contract, its trading at ($18.33 per oz) right now... $50 per cent that it moves.. you need deep pockets to do this, i forget the margin required... somewhere around (10k per contract) (i think)...

my broker thinks we see ($25 to $30 silver) by the end of october, if so, those call options will be worth $80,000 (at $30)...

a move in futures from $18 to $30 is worth $60,000 per contract held..

the safest play is (ETF's)(silver funds) or the call options... i can get you the name of a good fund... just hold on..

currently short 1 esu 1265.75, trailing the stop/reverse (13pts) behind.. very slow day today in the markets (its about time)..

SSI

EOG Dedicated

cd329, just got off the phone with broker, here is what you want to buy..

ETF: SLV

its selling for about $179 per share, as it represents (10 oz) of silver per share...

if you cant afford that then buy

ETF: DBS

its roughly $40 per share, as it represents only (2 oz)..

he said buy now or wait until the dip that will come in august,,, then hold it until Jan 2010... then sell..

that is the plan of some pretty wealthy guys...

SSI

EOG Dedicated

he said, buy it and stick it in your IRA, forgot to mention that...

the difference in buying this is..

you can buy a share of stock and the company goes out of business and you lose everything............. well silver is not going out of business...

just passing along info, this is not my expertise..

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Bobk (heart222), if you read this, email me....

i want to discuss this system with you...

thanks...

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

got the drop.

trade 15
short 1 esu 1265.75, stop/reverse order is at 1266.75

as the market made a new low of (1253.75)

stop/reverse order will just trail behind the trade, profit targets are set at (1225.75) for system 1 and (1245.75) for system 2..

SSI

cd329

EOG Member

SSI,
Thanks for the picks. I wish i knew more about that option stuff and how it worked. Would like to know how much it would cost to get into and how much i could make or lose
thanks again
cd:cheers

SSI

EOG Dedicated

cd329

when buying options, your maximum loss is the amount that you paid for the option, should it expire worthless, you cannot lose more..

selling options is another story.

trading futures is even another story... its just a different world, im always surprised that not many gamblers realize what is legally at their fingertips (maybe its a good thing, they dont)..

let me know if i can be of any help...

if you will look at the market today and see the big drop... of course we caught it...

system 2: 9-6 (+74pts) (+$3750) in 10 days, trading one lots in the emini.

system 2 cashed out with a 20pt win at (1245.75), short from (1265.75) as posted in this thread.

system 1 remains short, with a profit target of (1225.75) and a (13pt) trailing stop/reverse order...

SSI

cd329

EOG Member

SSI,
The dec 22 call options that you bought. How exactly does that work and how much is the most you can lose on that buy? And what needs to happen for you to make money
thanks
cd

SSI

EOG Dedicated

ok, on those, i purchased 2 dec 22 call options for (47 cents each), in trading terms (in the silver market) that is ($2350) each, as 1 cent in the silver market is $50....

now i have 2 of them, so that $4700.... i also paid 2 comm costs, another $30 for 2 of them, so thats a total of $4760 entire investment...

now you can hold them until the third week of november (if you like), as thats when they expire or you can sell them anytime you wish...

they work on a "bid and ask" system, just as the market does...

you have to understand, that on (option expiration date), if i still have them, my option will be worth nothing, if silver is trading less than $22 per oz... i will make $50 for every cent that silver is over $22 on expiration date..

so if silver is at $25, i make $15,000 for each, as 300 cents is worth $15,000...... so id make $30,000 - ($4760), which would clear $25240

now thats if you held them until expiration,,,,,,,,,,,,,, which most people do not......... you would sell them before then, to hopefully capitalize on the "time value" that they still have..

see dec silver is at $18.32 and i have $22 call options, they are out of the money and worthless, except for their time value, as they are good until the third week of november...

so if silver moves to, say $22 by the end of august, those options are going to be worth alot, as they still have 2.5 months left and are right at the money....

as i said, a price of $30 per oz, makes them worth in real value (not counting time value) $40,000 each, so 2 of them would be worth $80,000 and we think that is possible by mid november...

and remember all i can lose is the $4760 that i paid for them and that wont happen, as id sell them before they lost everything...

trading and understanding options is more difficult for the new trader, than understanding futures...

heart222 may can throw some comments in here, if he reads this tonight.

im really trying to just focus on trading the emini, i bought the silver options, merely to shut up my friend..

ask anything, you like...

SSI

EOG Dedicated

cd329, futures are easier to learn than options... more risky but easier to learn...

all the markets trade in different amounts, in different months, at different times of the day..

cattle and hogs trade from (9:05 cst) until (1:00 pm cst), daily in chicago and every cent is $4...

that was just to show you how different things can be..

i trade the emini sp 500 market, it trades virtually around the clock, its closed from (3:15) to (3:30) only, those are central times btw... every point it moves is worth $50... its easy to understand but is a wild ride, when trading it.

one other thing, you cannot trade any of this with a stock broker, or firm, you need a commodity broker... the (EFTS) are bought with a stock broker however..

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

CD329 and anyone else that cares to listen.... im going on record with this one... this info is from my broker and i trust him immensely... as i cant even buy this through him, so he makes nothing off this..

Buy the ETF (SLV) or (DBS) and forget it.... hold them until Jan 2010, silver will be $100 or better by that time...

that is brought thru your stock firms, so wherever your invested at, walk in and tell them to buy you some of that....

ive said my peace on this.....

SSI

cd329

EOG Member

SSI,
So what if it gets close to your expiration date and silver isnt going to get to 22 and is only at say 19. How much money would you lose on that trade?
Thanks for the option lesson
Cd

SSI

EOG Dedicated

the last 30 days, they decrease in value rather quickly... lots of people sell them back, once they lose (1/2) their value...

at this time, i cant answer that... if i held it until exp date (third week of nov) and silver was at $19, id lose it all (-$4760).... hopefully that wont happen...

im going to buy the EFT as well and i suggest everyone do that.... i have an older gentlemen, that comes into my store nightly.... last night he told me that he had $100k that he was taking out of Edward Jones, as its lost quite a bit this year.... tonight im going to suggest he buys the EFT (SLV)..

my broker was emphatic about this today... and as i stated, he makes nothing off this recommendation, as he is a commodity broker and the ETF's must be bought with a stock brokerage firm...

just keep watching silver, in the coming months... its going to go up, way up...

heart222

EOG Veteran

minor corection you can trade futures at a ful service firm just need a lisscesed commodity broker. nice trade today mkt just came apart llate afternoon. its an alzheimer mkt dosent remembeer from one day tothe next.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

thanks bobk...

here is a sports and trading update, as of this morning (July 10)

(bad things of 2008)

program: 11-1 (-$1453)
capping: 33-31 (-$300)
old rl chase: 22-2 (-80 units) (-$4000)
value plays: 9-10 (-$125)

(good things of 2008)

o/u chase: 65-0-1 (+63.80 units) (+$3190) (0 pending) (379-1 run)
action chase: 42-0 (+42.00 units) (+$2100) (1 pending)
rlbo chase: 4-0 (+4.00 units) (+$200) (retired while ahead)

if you add it all up, almost even...

plays for thursday july 10

action chase 43
c) wsox Under 8.5 (-1.20) $264 to win $220

chase 67
a) dbacks Over 7 (-1.10) $55 to win $50

results for 2 mechanical emini trading systems, thru 16 complete trades, over 10 trading days..

system 1: 8-8 (+46pts) (+$2300)
system 2: 9-7 (+63pts) (+$3150)

both just entered a trade of

trade 17: short 1 esu (1246.25), trailing a 13pt, stop/reverse order...

there was a big (11pt loss) on trade 16....

both systems, trail a (13pt) stop/reverse order but system 1 takes profits at (+40pts) on the downside and (+15pts) to the upside.... system 2 takes profits on (+20pts) to the downside and on (+10pts) to the upside, thats the difference in the 2... the profit targets...

Buy Silver ETF's (SLV) or (DBS)....

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

trade 17: ended with a (-4pt loss)

now in trade 18

18. long 1 esu 1250.50, stop/reverse is now at (1241.75), as the run up made it to (1254.75)

very choppy day today, which usually is very bad for this system... as ive stated, im monitoring this thru 50 trades, before sinking any real money into it...

anyone with any knowledge of the silver market (bobk), if you can, go back and look at a chart from 1978.... overlay that with a chart from this year... its simply amazing, almost as if you had a crystal ball..

up today, up tomorrow, up all next week.......... another dip in august (buying opportunity), then a bigger rally into oct.... a slight pause and selloff around the election... then straight up ALL of 2009.... sell everything in Jan 2010, when we have triple digit silver... its only a little over $18 today.... it should be $20 in a week... lets see if its there by next friday...

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

2-0 on the night..

Action Chase: 43-0 (+43.00 units) (0 pending)

O/U Chase: 65-0-1 (+63.80 units) (0 pending) (an insane 380-1 run now)

you can play both of these year round, if you wish...

see ya around guys..

SSI

SSI

EOG Dedicated

O/U Chase is: 66-0-1 (+64.80 units) this season and on an insane (380-1) run in baseball..

No plays today, none qualify..

Action Chase: 43-0 (+43.00 units) (2008 record)

plays for friday...

action chase 44
a) mets over 8.5 (-1.05) $53 to win $50

action chase 45
a) balt over 10 (-1.20) $60 to win $50

Silver has just went over $19 per oz..... you aint seen nothing yet either..

short the emini for trade 21 at 1248.75, it currently is getting hammered and we are catching the ride down, as this is a mechanical system, that is detailed to do just that... the dow will be under 10,000 very soon... we are in a mess but fortunes are made quicker, in these markets, if you know how to make them..

do you know how?

have a good day gentlemen...

see you around, ill be out of town all next week and be operating by email solely...

SSI

CandC98

EOG Member

Thanks for posting, how can we get your Action Chase plays next week? Do you have a certain way of selecting them?
Thanks!
CandC98

SSI

EOG Dedicated

yes, i have a general way of selecting them...

next week is the all star break, so we may just stop them until sunday (when i return), however if we have one pending, we will resume with that on thursday...

PM me or email me, if you need more info...

SSI