Sweaty pitcher

blueline

EOG Master
Red Baron was saying WSox pitcher Covey could not get a good grip on the ball because he was sweating on his arm and because he wasnt wearing a sleeve it was running down onto his pitching hand

blueline

EOG Master
Re: Sweaty pitcher

Votto in his entire MLB career, has hit a foul ball into first base side stands less than 10 times

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I love Joey Votto.

Votto with a career-low strikeout rate (11.7%) last season in a year in which everyone was swinging and missing.

I did see Votto strike out twice last night against the White Sox yet the Reds still won, 7-4.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I saw something interesting the other day.

Tampa Bay's C.J. Cron singled sharply to left with one out and Wilson Ramos on second base.

The ball cleared the head of the opposing shortstop but Ramos played it safe and waited extra long to make sure.

Ramos then loafed into third base and Cron saw him loafing.

Cron barked across the diamond at Ramos and Tampa's first base coach Rocco Baldelli rolled his eyes at Cron's behavior.

I assume Cron wanted Ramos to run at the crack of the bat to give Cron a chance at an RBI single.

Valuist

EOG Master

I saw something interesting the other day.

Tampa Bay's C.J. Cron singled sharply to left with one out and Wilson Ramos on second base.

The ball cleared the head of the opposing shortstop but Ramos played it safe and waited extra long to make sure.

Ramos then loafed into third base and Cron saw him loafing.

Cron barked across the diamond at Ramos and Tampa's first base coach Rocco Baldelli rolled his eyes at Cron's behavior.

I assume Cron wanted Ramos to run at the crack of the bat to give Cron a chance at an RBI single.

No question that was what Cron was upset about.

But Ramos scoring from second on a single with less than two outs? He's one of the slowest players in the league. Not very likely to score on a single unless he's running on the pitch.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

And, oh yes, the rest of the story: The next batter up, Carlos Gomez, hit into a 5-4-3 double play.

kane

EOG master

I love Joey Votto.

Votto with a career-low strikeout rate (11.7%) last season in a year in which everyone was swinging and missing.

I did see Votto strike out twice last night against the White Sox yet the Reds still won, 7-4.

He also has the lowest chase rate of any player this year, he rarely swings at a pitch outside the strike zone, there might not be a hitter who's ever played who knows the strike zone better than he does, the guy is a line drive hitting machine, love watching him hit and the approach he takes

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

No question that was what Cron was upset about.

But Ramos scoring from second on a single with less than two outs? He's one of the slowest players in the league. Not very likely to score on a single unless he's running on the pitch.

Cron homered last Sunday against the Mets and I saw he and Ramos yukking it up in the dugout.

Unlike feuds here at EOG, MLB players are good at moving on.