Thanksgiving Day games at one of our FAVE venues!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Pinny lines:

USC/St. Joe's Under 150 -111(Opened 147.5, got down to 146 then exploded to 150) AND 1h Under 71 -105
Georgetown/San Diego State Under 133 -117 AND 1h UNDER 63 -118

When the Big West played its postseason tourney at the Anaheim Convention Center we used to CLEAN UP just blindly playing every game UNDER! The reasoning is/was: The sight lines are brutal for shooters. The basket is in the middle of the arena and with stands all around it behind the basket, gauging where the basket truly is located is brutally hard. The books would hang totals in the 110-125-ish range and the games wouldn't just be under - but by a massive margin. We would see games under by 20+ points. Sadly the Big Worst moved to another venue for the tourney.

But now for Thanksgiving we get a tourney played there because ESPN needs programming. I see no reason to do anything but blindly play UNDER not only in both games but in 1h for both. My thought on 1h is that both teams will be helpless in 1h and the shooting will be abysmal. We will probably see more scoring in 2h because of the end-of-the-game foul situation where we see 25 points scored in the last 30 seconds of the game to push the total over by about 3 points.

Knowing there will be practically no one at these games I expect the background to be brutal and low scoring in 1h. I would also keep in mind the G'Town/SDSU game will start no earlier than 9P in CA or Midnight where G'Town is. Think we might see some fatigue from the Hoyas in 2h when it will be 1A for their body time and while they are college kids, playing hoops at 1A is not something they are used to doing. SDSU in 2h is something that needs to be monitored.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Pinny lines:

USC/St. Joe's Under 150 -111(Opened 147.5, got down to 146 then exploded to 150) AND 1h Under 71 -105
Georgetown/San Diego State Under 133 -117 AND 1h UNDER 63 -118

When the Big West played its postseason tourney at the Anaheim Convention Center we used to CLEAN UP just blindly playing every game UNDER! The reasoning is/was: The sight lines are brutal for shooters. The basket is in the middle of the arena and with stands all around it behind the basket, gauging where the basket truly is located is brutally hard. The books would hang totals in the 110-125-ish range and the games wouldn't just be under - but by a massive margin. We would see games under by 20+ points. Sadly the Big Worst moved to another venue for the tourney.

But now for Thanksgiving we get a tourney played there because ESPN needs programming. I see no reason to do anything but blindly play UNDER not only in both games but in 1h for both. My thought on 1h is that both teams will be helpless in 1h and the shooting will be abysmal. We will probably see more scoring in 2h because of the end-of-the-game foul situation where we see 25 points scored in the last 30 seconds of the game to push the total over by about 3 points.

Knowing there will be practically no one at these games I expect the background to be brutal and low scoring in 1h. I would also keep in mind the G'Town/SDSU game will start no earlier than 9P in CA or Midnight where G'Town is. Think we might see some fatigue from the Hoyas in 2h when it will be 1A for their body time and while they are college kids, playing hoops at 1A is not something they are used to doing. SDSU in 2h is something that needs to be monitored.

64 and 125 for USC.....2 EASY winners

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
No reason to stop now:

St. Joe's/Georgetown Under 145
USC/SDSU Under 132
.......both games played once again at the Anaheim Convention Center which we now know is a have for low scoring games

Maybe the players don't get fired up playing in front of about 1,000 fans. Will they get better attendance tonight?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Maybe the players don't get fired up playing in front of about 1,000 fans. Will they get better attendance tonight?

First game - no way. Second one - maybe

It has nothing to do with players getting "fired up" for the games. As I have said in the past it has everything to do with hardly any fans there and because of it having a tough time finding the basket on jumpers.

FG/3-pt/FT Shooting % from Thursday:
USC: 42/36/67
St. Joes: 35/19/60
GT: 35/20/67
SDSU: 48/44/47

Those are pathetic numbers. SDSU/GT stayed Under by 3-ish points. SDSU was 8-17 from the FT line. Makes 2/3 of their shots and that is 4 more points and the game goes OVER. St. Joe's was 6-31 from 3. It has nothing to do with teams being "fired up" but having one of the worst shooting backgrounds for any arena in the World!

It has nothing to do with players getting "fired up" for the games. As I have said in the past it has everything to do with hardly any fans there and because of it having a tough time finding the basket on jumpers.

Those are pathetic numbers. SDSU/GT stayed Under by 3-ish points. SDSU was 8-17 from the FT line. Makes 2/3 of their shots and that is 4 more points and the game goes OVER. St. Joe's was 6-31 from 3. It has nothing to do with teams being "fired up" but having one of the worst shooting backgrounds for any arena in the World!
I said it in jest Winky, I like your angle. I'm more pointing out how shitty these crowds are at most of these "tourneys""

railbird

EOG Master

those are solid defensive teams , the high school games went way over in may of 2019 there