THAT CALL IN DENVER WAS WORSE THAN G.B.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
THAT FUMBLED PUNT THAT WAS CALLED DOWN BY CONTACT WAS A WORSE CALL THAN THEBGREEN BAY CALL.DENVER WOULD HAVE HAD THE BALL ON THE INDY 30 WITH A CHANCE TO TIE THE GAME.:doh1

NO WAY WAS THAT NOT A FUMBLE THE REFS INFLUENCED THE OUTCOME OF BOTH GAMES TODAY THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Re: THAT CALL IN DENVER WAS WORSE THAN G.B.

It was funny trying to hear Mike Carey the former official tell the audience that is definitely a fumble, "I would rule that a fumble". Then the game official says his knee was down. Simms & Nance in the booth didn't know if they should back their CBS expert or the game official. Lots of backtracking going in the booths during both games.

cheapseats

EOG Master

On both calls, the ref on tv had a different view than the outcome, tells you all you need to know about the subjectivity of the nfl

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Someone post video. I didn't see it. This call like all the other miracles went against me.

Anyone remember the recent Miami/New England game. Remember the miracle catch Miami tight end made at the end of 1st half? Ruled incomplete but reversed after review. I had New England -4 1h. NE won game by 35 but won 1st half by 1.

How about Alabama -4 1h versus Ohio ST. Awesome halfback pass, perfect pass that was well defended. Receiver catches the ball and his foot is inbounds by less than an inch.

Remember G.B. New England 1st half ending. Rodgers to Nelson 70 yard td less than an minute left.

How about Colts Bengals last week. Colts a sure 1st half winner until Herron fumbles ball after picking up 1st down at the Bengals 40 with under 1:50. Bengals end half with a Nugent 57 yard FG off crossbar.

I could go on and on but I'll stop at WKU -2.5 and Pitt Panthers -3.5.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

GOOGLE IT THAT WAS SUCH A BAD CALL AND WHO KNOWS AS BAD AS DENVER WAS PLAYING THAT CALL COULD HAVE CHANGED THE GAME :doh1 DOWN BY CONTACT HE NEVER HAD CONTROL OF THE BALL

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

I agree.... To me and I won both games...Very tiny wagers. To me I only enjoy watching baseball games simply because of the the officiating.... Celebration and pass interference rules fumbles rules have made the game a joke. I see tackles made too high called for a penalty, too low around the knees called for a penalty... it never ends..

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

GOOGLE IT THAT WAS SUCH A BAD CALL AND WHO KNOWS AS BAD AS DENVER WAS PLAYING THAT CALL COULD HAVE CHANGED THE GAME :doh1 DOWN BY CONTACT HE NEVER HAD CONTROL OF THE BALL

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

That call was the easiest all weekend. Cribbs had possession of the ball when he was hit and his knee touched. Ball came loose AFTER that. Down by contact. Easy Call. I was embarrassed how Wrong Carey had it, and I generally like the guy.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

When can you tackle around the knees and when can you not do this.. A JOKE!!

richsox24

EOG Master

It was a very easy call. Knee was down. It didn't matter anyway, other than the 1st Denver drive of the game where the ref kept the drive alive with a roughing the passer call, Denver didn't score a single TD. Indi completely outplayed them and deserved to win.

yisman

EOG Master

According to Mike Carey, it's supposed to be treated as a receiver catching a ball, in which case 'down' doesn't matter. But maybe Carey is wrong.

richsox24

EOG Master

According to Mike Carey, it's supposed to be treated as a receiver catching a ball, in which case 'down' doesn't matter. But maybe Carey is wrong.
I heard him say that but didn't understand it. I think he was sipping on some of grandmas cough syrup. Why wouldn't down matter? The returner caught the punt and his knee went down before he fumbled. Seems very cut and dry to me.

yisman

EOG Master

I heard him say that but didn't understand it. I think he was sipping on some of grandmas cough syrup. Why wouldn't down matter? The returner caught the punt and his knee went down before he fumbled. Seems very cut and dry to me.

because 'down' or not only matters with regards to fumbles. Like if a ball carrier is running with the ball and loses it.

If the rules of a reception apply, that's Denver's ball.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

Thats the problem with the NFL, even the so-called "experts" don't know what the call should be.

What about the catch the Packer player made in 1st half the end zone view showed the ball definitely hit the ground? Was ruled a catch on the field, and the front view was inconclusive, they let the play stand. End zone definitely showed ball hit the ground. Joe Buck even said before going to commercial, that it looked the ball hit the ground.