The 2020 MLB season

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Is there a deadline that players have to declare if they are playing or not?

When is it going to be announced which umpires will not be working due to poor health issues. This has to include at least 20% of them who are obese and north of 60 years old.

This would be a good season to test robo umpire strike zone tech.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Joe West is espousing conspiracy theories about the coronavirus.

"I don't believe in my heart that all these deaths have been from the coronavirus," West said recently.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Joe West is espousing conspiracy theories about the coronavirus.

"I don't believe in my heart that all these deaths have been from the coronavirus," West said recently.
He's certainly partially right. The extra funding hospitals get for corona patients, and the reporting rules themselves lead to bad data. if you are in hospice and dying of cancer and you test positive, your death is blamed on covid.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Is there a deadline that players have to declare if they are playing or not?

When is it going to be announced which umpires will not be working due to poor health issues. This has to include at least 20% of them who are obese and north of 60 years old.

This would be a good season to test robo umpire strike zone tech.

I wondered about this also, sounds like hockey.

MrTop

EOG Master
I thought it said no more listed SP. It's all action, game has to go 8 1/2 to be official.

correct with cris.... ...draftkings does the same thing

*all wagers have action at the confirmed price. For example, if you selected a team at +200, but due to a pitching change, their price drops to +180, your bet is still locked in at +200.

MrTop

EOG Master
This is a big problem. Maybe relocate them across the lake to Buffalo?

A source told ESPN's Buster Olney that one of the primary concerns with Buffalo is the quality of the ballpark lights -- which are regarded as worse than MLB standard.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Blue Jays not allowed to play games in Canada
Ottawa rejects plan to let Blue Jays play in Toronto during COVID-19 pandemic.
Public health risks associated with repeated cross-border travel deemed too great.
MLB will figure this out.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
This is a big problem. Maybe relocate them across the lake to Buffalo?
They have three options:

1- Buffalo
2 - Dunedin (their spring training HQ)
3 - Tampa shared with the Rays. This is the last option, but MLB created the schedule so TB always plays opposite of Toronto. They must have seen this as a potential problem in Canada.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I see people on twitter freaking out because Max got lit up for 7 ER yesterday including some deep bombs.

Who cares.

Pitchers take the mound with the last thing on their mind being W/L.

Just wanted to work, locate, maybe work on some new grips, etc.

It was great to watch MLB highlights.

I wonder what the viewer ratings have been of these games.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
In addition to the stadium, it becomes problematic for the visiting team.

At this late hour, best way to handle this is have them share a stadium with a division opponent.

Valuist

EOG Master
I think the significance of bullpens will be de-emphasized this shortened season. There's no reason for any bullpen to get worn out with only a 60 game season.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I think the significance of bullpens will be de-emphasized this shortened season. There's no reason for any bullpen to get worn out with only a 60 game season.

it will be interesting to track. bullpens do rely on lots of shuttling back and forth from guys in the minors alot more typically then starting rotations and position players. So I do wonder how sharp any "call-ups" will be from the taxi squad when they haven't been seeing real game action.

Valuist

EOG Master
I think Carlos Carrasco is the key to who will win the AL Central. A good season from Carrasco and the Indians win it. A mediocre or poor season from Carrasco and the Twins win. Coming off treatments for leukemia, we'll see how much stamina he has. If nothing else, his arm got a break last season.

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
I think Carlos Carrasco is the key to who will win the AL Central. A good season from Carrasco and the Indians win it. A mediocre or poor season from Carrasco and the Twins win. Coming off treatments for leukemia, we'll see how much stamina he has. If nothing else, his arm got a break last season.

imo, Carrasco will struggle....he is slated as the #3 starter which might be encouraging news.

Man the Dodgers do it again. That Betts contract is going to be Carl Crawford all over again, five years from now he will be untradeable. And just who were they bidding against? No one else was going to offer nearly $400m in guaranteed money in the current environment.