Re: THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM

NYY 3 losses in a row, get out the big guns ... LOL

Sun: NYY L
Mon: Bet NYY -149 12.07u

Joboarder

EOG Veteran

THE SYSYEM:

Wager on all the teams that were in the playoffs last year in game 1 (if 2 playoff teams happening to be playing each other you pass). If it losses, you double up on them to win through game 4 only! You double your bet, plus 1 unit, as you are seeking to win one unit. As soon as they win, even if it is game 1, you STOP! DO NOT PLAY THEM AGAIN. The first time they win you stop, be it game 1,2,3 or 4, and if they don't win any of their first 4, then you also STOP!

hey guys am I misiing something...in post 1 it says two playoff teams playing then you pass ??

Joboarder

EOG Veteran

playoff teams playing each other start in FIRST series against non playoff teams....Yankees Game ONE is tonight and Tampa game ONE will be 4/13 at Boston

Joboarder

EOG Veteran

Yes.

What this means is Tampa Bay's "4 game stretch" is against BAL (April 10-12) and NYY (April 13).

Since Boston's second series is also with a playoff team (LAA), their "4 game stretch" is against OAK(April 13-15) and BAL (April 17)

remember Bob you also stated they start against first NON playoff team series

Joboarder

EOG Veteran

So with the Yankees winning game 1 tonight this year is 7-0 ...Tampa pending against Boston

game 1 6-1
game 2 1-0

ComptrBob

EOG Master

THE SYSYEM:(sic)

Wager on all the teams that were in the playoffs last year in game 1 (if 2 playoff teams happening to be playing each other you pass).

The standard responses to such flaws in the system are to do further datamining and/or change the rules in midstream.

ADDRESSING THE 80-0 SYSTEM:

For the record it is now 88-0. I did not address what to do when teams play each other, in the first 4 games. For most this is going to sound dumb, because you don't get it, but for others, you will totally get it. It simply doesn't matter if teams are playing each other, you play both sides! For those that think this is dumb, I'll try to explain and hopefully it gets through. That guarantees you a win, and if the underdog wins, then you are plus more than one unit. If the favorite wins, you are down 1 unit chasing game 2. Whay is this solid handicapping logic? Because no team has ever lost the first 4 games! Your reducing the risk by guaranteeing a winner, for a simple vig, and there is a chance of going positive in that one both-sided game. Based on trust of the system, going forward with the team that lost, still leaves you in a winning situation, that has never lost, nad for the record is now 88-0!!! The naysayers are going to look at this and question the logistics, because they just don't get what putting yourself in a winning situation is.

When I pointed out that the original system as posted did not go 80-0, Ned changed the rules midstream just as I predicted.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

remember Bob you also stated they start against first NON playoff team series

Ned changed the system after I pointed out that if you do pass on the playoff teams playing each other, the system did not go 80-0 in the ten years before his post, but rather 78-2.

vegaseagles

EOG Senior Member

cant let the skeptics hold you back....any system can be a winning system....if it wins an no one jumps on....then whose loss is it......at least you try

ComptrBob

EOG Master

cant let the skeptics hold you back....any system can be a winning system

Spoken as a true degenerate gambler!

Just so those still following Ned have a heads up, playoff teams from last year are SF, StL, Cin, and Wash; Det, NYY, Oak, and Bal; with WC losers Atl and Tex.

Without that dataminer extraordinarie Ned, we don't know if we should include the WC teams. Oops, Ned won't know because he only backfits the data after the games have been played. Thus we won't include them unless these teams survive the Martingale .... LOL.

Tex lost h=the first round to Houston last night. Updates to how the system is doing later in the day ....

ComptrBob

EOG Master

System had 2 wins with Wash and Det and 5 losses with SF, StL, Cin, NYY, and Oak. Bal still to play Gm1.

Tue: Bet Bal +151 0.66u, SF +100 1.73u, StL -107 1.88u, Oak -140 3.01u.
Wed: Cin, NYY

Of course if you get different lines, tweak the amounts to net 1 unit.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

System had 3 more wins with SF, StL, and Bal and 1 loss with Oak.

Wed: Bet NYY -117 2.40u, Cin -125 2.64u, Oak -141 7.28u.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

System had 2 more wins with Oak and Cin, another loss with NYY.

Thurs: Bet NYY -119 5.29u.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

For those still following the "80-0" system, playoff teams from last year are:

NL: StL, Atl, LAD, and Pitt; AL: Bos, Oak, Det, and TB; with WC losers Cinn and Clev.

I'll try to use WA lines for each game, obviously any bettor should try to get the best available line, so the system may yield slightly different results. Since they weren't included in the original system, I won't include the WC losers.

1st game: Bet LAD (March 22) -165 1.65u W, Net +1.00u

Monday, March 31: Bet Stl -125 1.25u, Atl -115 1.15u, Pitt -180 1.80u, Bos -115, 1.15u, Oak -141 1.41u, Det -148 1.48u, TB -165 1.65u

ComptrBob

EOG Master

System had 4 more wins with StL, Pitt, Det, and TB and 3 losses with Atl, Bos and Oak.

Tues, April 1: Bet Atl +105 2.05u, Oak -130 3.13u

ComptrBob

EOG Master

System had one more win with Atl and Oak was PPD (No action).

Wed, April 2: Bet Bos -112 2.41u, Oak (Gm 1) -138 3.33u .

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Boston wins so the system goes 8-0 again. We've had 3 straight winning years (2012-14) so the system adds 24-0 of out-of-sample data.

Putting all the out-of-sample data together we have 69-3, net -13.22u. This is the statistically significant result of the system as of the 2014 season.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

i have a progressive baseball system that is undefeated in the last 4 years. You want to bet on teams that have been swept in the previous series. If the team is a dog then you need to play the run line.

Play on Toronto 6/23/14 vs the Yankees.12io4j2w90

ComptrBob

EOG Master

For those still following the "80-0" system, playoff teams from last year are:

NL: StL, Was, LAD, and SF; AL: Bal, LAA, Det, and KC; with WC losers Pitt and Oak.

I'll try to use WA lines for each game, obviously any bettor should try to get the best available line, so the system may yield slightly different results. Since they weren't included in the original system, I won't include the WC losers.

1st game: Bet Stl (Sun, Apr 5) -102 1.02u W, Net +1.00u

Monday, Apr 6: Bet LAD -187 1.87u, Was -163 1.63u, SF -135 1.35u, Bal +110 1.00u, KC -115 1.15u, Det -150 1.50u, LAA +141 1.00u,

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Wed: WAS W. System finishes 8-0 again, 2015 season risks 15.14u to win 8.00u

Putting all the out-of-sample data together we have 77-3, net -5.22u. This is the statistically significant result of the system as of the 2015 season.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Another year for those still following the "80-0" system, playoff teams from last year are:

NL: StL, NYM, LAD, and ChiC; AL: KC, Hou, Tex, and Tor; with WC losers Pitt and NYY.

I'll try to use WA lines for each game, obviously any bettor should try to get the best available line, so the system may yield slightly different results. Since they weren't included in the original system, I haven't included the WC losers. I'm using the modified Ned system where, quite irrationally, you bet both sides of a game between 2 playoff teams (in this year, NYM and KC).

1st game:

Bet Stl (Sun, Apr 3) -110 1.10u, Tor -110 1.10u, NYM -120 1.20u, KC +110 0.91u

Monday, Apr 4: Bet LAD -175 1.75u, Hou -125 1.25u, Tex -125 1.25u, ChiC -145 1.45u

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Thought the original system was to pass when two playoff teams play each other?

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Thought the original system was to pass when two playoff teams play each other?

Yes, you are correct.

However, I went back through the records and found that the system only went 78-2 because when the series between two playoff teams were passed, two teams actually went 0-4. When confronted with this information, Ned realized his backfitting was flawed because he didn't follow the passed teams far enough. So he had a difficult choice, either admit he made a mistake or modify the system to reflect what he had actually backfit which was to bet on both teams so one will win Game 1 and the other loses and continues the Martingale. He pretended he never specified that you pass playoff teams that play each other and announced the rather idiotic choice that you have to play both teams.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Sun, Apr 3: Stl L, Tor W, NYM L, KC W

Monday, Apr 4: Bet LAD -175 1.75u, Hou -125 1.25u (PPD), Tex -125 1.25u, ChiC -145 1.45u

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Two wins Tor, NYM plus 3 more:

Monday: LAD W, Tex W, ChiC W

Tues, Apr 5: Bet Stl -109 2.29u , NYM -106 2.33u, Hou -123 1.23u

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Five wins Tor, KC, LAD, Tex, ChiC plus 2 more:

Tues, Apr 5: Stl L , NYM W, Hou W

Wed, Apr 6: Bet Stl -102 4.48u