The Barry-Barney Dow is heading for 5000

markinsac

EOG Dedicated
Re: The Barry-Barney Dow is heading for 5000

It's kind of like the drought here in California. I saw a story on the internet that California was at the start of a 30-year mega drought. Reality check: I've lived in Cali all my life and recall two major droughts. Both lasted about 4 years. But tnen the rains came, the resovors filled up and things went back to normal. The governor has asked us to cut back on usage and most if us are doing that. I see brown lawns and it isn't ugly, it's actually pretty because we're all pitching in together to help the situation. Am I concerned? Yes. And if it doesn't rain next winter I'll be more concerned. But I'm not going to bank on a 30-year mega drought.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

It WOULD be very nice to see some brown lawns in Beverly Hills, they can afford the higher water rates, but the cause is more important. I have faith they have cut back too.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

One more thing about Beverly Hills, it's so accessible and friendly. The streets have sidewalks and the residents don't mind the gawkers. BH is iconic California. It's lush but these people earned it. And you can go in to any store on Rideo Drive and browse if you'd like.. Buying something is a different story. But if you visit L.A. Go to Beverly Hills and dream a little.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

It is now raining in Northern California and it's heading into Southern Cal soon. We're even expecting snow. SNOW IN SO CAL IN MID MAY.

Reason for hope.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

Go LA Clippers. I'm in LA, a great, great city. We are the entertainment Capitol of the world. And I'm going to enjoy the ride.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

Statement on Religious Freedom Law: from a legal standpoint, the law is flawed because it gives special rights to religious people. If an atheist doesn't believe in the homosexual lifestyle, he must still bake the cake. How is that fair legally? We have survived on a separation of church and state. Why stop now?

Then there's the religious compass. Nearly every religion I know teaches us to love thy neighbor. What Wouk led your leader or prophet do?

And them there's practicality. By baking the cake, you are given the chance to mingle. You might talk about the weather, sports teams or whatever. You might make a new friend because you've discovered you have much in common. You also might develop a loyal customer. Who knows you might even get the homosexual couple to attend your church or you might attend the wedding.

Think about it.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

I understand There's Problems in Baltimore . . .

I've intentionally avoided watching news reports because I'm suck of the never-ending cycle of violence. First if all, we are ALL upset when a police officer over steps his or her bounds. We pretty much expect law officers to be perfect. That's something that will never be achieved. We also want racial justice. Nothing wrong with that. But officers of the law are people, and people make mistakes. So what's the answer? Burn down innocent peoples business', houses or ending their lives? If I was of age during the Vietnam War, I too would have protested what I thought was an unjust war. Our founding fathers gave us that right. But wagtail good would have it been to protest the war with acts of violence? Our ultimate goal in protest is to right a wrong. Destroying property gets us no closer to that goal. Martin Luther King Jr.s legacy is the peaceful protest. Getting together with the police, many if whom may agree with you, and organizing a protest of peace would be much more fruitful than burning Joe's Barber Shop to the ground. Because if want to destroy innocent peoples lives, you can count me out.

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

If you've young and never committed a crime, before you pick up a brick or light a torch or pull a trigger, let me introduce you to a few of your new would be friends:

Since cops have technology on their side, there's better than a fifty-fifty chance you will be caught. Meet the handcuffs. When you're riding I'm the back seat if the police car, hope you don't get an itch on your leg because you can't scratch it. Meet the holding cell. Here you will be herded with other criminals who did who knows what. It's best to be quiet, you don't want to say something that could create an enemy. Meet the stainless steel toilet that everybody's pissed in. I hope you don't have to go number two, first you have to clean off the toilet seat, then go number two in front of twenty guts who are complaining about the smell. Meet the fingerprint cop. He will take prints if all of your fingers. They will go into computers. All law enforcement will have access to them including the FBI, CIA , Interpol, etc. Meet the county jail bed. If you're lucky you get a cell. That way you only have one bunnies to deal with. You'll probably get a dorm with 40 bunkies to deal with. If you did a really bad crime, meet the victims family in court where you have to appologize to a grieving mother. Meet the State Pennitentary, where you get to meet Bubba. For as long as you are locked up, two things are certain. You will never get to go to the bathroom in private and you will never have sexual relations with the opposite sex. I didn't say you wouldn't have sexual relations period . . .

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

If Aaron Hernandez would have thunk, right now he might have been polishing his Super Bowl MVP trophy.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

The only stat that counts

The Dow Jones to gold ratio is now down to 8.1, near its low for 2010 of 7.9.

It's at about 15-1 now. Is it still "The only stat that counts"? Or is that another goalpost that has now been moved?

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

It's at about 15-1 now. Is it still "The only stat that counts"? Or is that another goalpost that has now been moved?

Why Im long Gold

Reality is setting in

THe bad news now is almost daily

still waiting for "escape velocity " to kick in :LMAO

OUCH !
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-13/q2-gdp-forecast-cut-07-atlanta-fed

Q2 GDP Forecast Cut To 0.7% By Atlanta Fed

Zero Hedge first brought attention to the Atlanta Fed over two months ago, when the first massive divergence between bullish consensus and objective reality appeared. Since then it has been nothing but a downhill race for reality, with consensus scrambling to catch up. Moments ago, the Atlanta Fed just cut its Q2 GDP forecast once more, this time to 0.7% from 0.8%. This is on the back of a Q1 GDP which as of this moments is around -1.0%.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

Why Im long Gold

Reality is setting in

THe bad news now is almost daily

still waiting for "escape velocity " to kick in :LMAO

OUCH !
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-13/q2-gdp-forecast-cut-07-atlanta-fed

Q2 GDP Forecast Cut To 0.7% By Atlanta Fed

Zero Hedge first brought attention to the Atlanta Fed over two months ago, when the first massive divergence between bullish consensus and objective reality appeared. Since then it has been nothing but a downhill race for reality, with consensus scrambling to catch up. Moments ago, the Atlanta Fed just cut its Q2 GDP forecast once more, this time to 0.7% from 0.8%. This is on the back of a Q1 GDP which as of this moments is around -1.0%.

Brucie Baby, you've been wrong since Page 1, 7 years ago. What possible reason would someone believe you're now going to be suddenly right? I sincerely hope you haven't been taking your own advice. As for thread starter Casper, I know he was taking his, that's why he's now a broken down old sheriff elsewhere. :LMAO

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

1. why repeat my answer

<!-- --> <!-- </div> -->

<!-- see bottom of postbit.css for .userinfo .popupmenu styles --> 12-30-14, 09:40 AM #147
brucefan

I am here, and the only thing I have been wrong about is estimating the power of central bank manipulation, and the stupidity of the us public and global investors to understand the problem. In the last qtr of The year, the dollar has been bid up in the race to debase The public has been sold a bill of goods that the US economy is roaring and that even though its years into the recovery and rates are still zero, our currency is solid because even though we will be patient moving forward , maybe, just maybe, we may start to discuss, the possibility of raising rates , .......by the summer !
If it wasn't so pathetic, it would be laughable . Obama and the rest of the sheep are taking victory laps because we were able to borrow 8 trillion, and print 3, and spend it. Yeh,.... that's the easy part
Of course you get an uptick in economic activity( all the wrong kind of course) but you get a bump . When this recovery is exposed as a farce , and the wold wakes up that no rate hikes are ever coming, there will be a violent reaction in gold, and 5000 is coming. So is more QE

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

What about being wrong about the thread title? Admitting being wrong is a good thing and brings respect. I'd admit to being wrong to some things too. Now I hope SCinlinkedin doesn't tell us all he's been wrong about. There's not enough room in cyberspace for it all.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Hmm, I think the first sentence of my paragraph starts out by saying what I have been wrong about :+clueless

You guys still think this a real recovery, yet know one has tried to explain why the FED can't even talk about raining rates, 7 years later

Think guys, think

markinsac

EOG Dedicated

So you can't admit the 5,000 prediction was wrong? Recoverys, like some other things, come in all shapes and sizes.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

I said the Dow could, and would go up, if we print and borrow enough money, and we did

QE 1 was supposed to be temporary program right ???

No, we will never monetize our debt .... Blah blah blah

We are about to pay a big price for that mistake , and those lies

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

No kidding who could have seen that coming?

"If Assets Remain Correlated, They'll Be A Depression": Ray Dalio Says QE4 Just Around The Corner

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/20/2016 - 08:15 CNBC’s Andrew Ross Sorkin and Becky Quick, donning their finest goose down bubble coats to remind viewers they’re reporting live from scenic Davos, generously took some time out of their busy schedules to chat with Ray Dalio on Wednesday and unsurprisingly, the “zen master” again predicted the Fed will reverse course and embark on more QE.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

Damn Brucie Baby. This collapse ALMOST held. But sorry about your damn luck. DJIA and S & P 500 closed at their highs for the year. Better luck next time.

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

No more comments here? Gold up, economy rolling over, no more rates hikes?

Obama sealing up his legacy as the worst president in US history

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

No more comments here? Gold up, economy rolling over, no more rates hikes?

Obama sealing up his legacy as the worst president in US history
You should be embarrassed, with how wrong you and that idiot Ghost Joe Contrarian were. BUT, I'll go out on a limb and make a Brucie Baby Type Prediction. If
G-d Forbid Drumpf ever becomes POTUS, you will have your 5K Gold and 5K Dow, if he doesn't get us in to a Nuclear War before we can reach those numbers.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated

Poor, Poor Brucie. And that's probably literal if he followed his own advice:

Three major indexes end at records for first time since 1999

Major indices close at new all-time highs
01:26

By Noel Randewich
All three major U.S. stock indexes closed at record highs on Thursday for the first time since 1999 as surging oil prices and strong earnings from department stores Macy's and Kohl's buoyed investor sentiment.
It was the first time since Dec. 31, 1999 that the S&P 500, Dow Jones industrial average and Nasdaq had closed at record highs on the same day, according to Bespoke Investment Group.
Crude oil jumped as much as 5 percent on comments from the Saudi oil minister about potential action to stabilize prices and an International Energy Agency forecast that crude oil markets would rebalance in the next few months.
The S&P energy index .SPNY rallied 1.3 percent, making it the top gainer among the 10 major sectors, led by a 1.26 percent rise in Chevron (CVX.N).
Macy's (M.N) shares soared 17.09 percent, marking the best day for the department store operator in nearly eight years after it reported a smaller-than-expected drop in quarterly comparable-store sales and said it would close 100 stores.
Kohl's (KSS.N) shares rose 16.17 percent after its quarterly profit beat estimates.

Traders work on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) shortly after the opening bell in New York, U.S., August 9, 2016. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

J.C. Penney (JCP.N), which reports on Friday, surged 8.63 percent.
A stock market rally since late June has pushed the S&P 500 index .SPX up 7.0 percent in 2016, helped by better-than-expected quarterly earnings and low interest rates, but some investors are worried about high valuations.
Beating its previous record high from last Friday, the S&P 500 is priced at about 17 times expected earnings, compared with a 10-year average of 14 times expected earnings, according to Thomson Reuters data.
"I'm a bit surprised to see us hitting record highs again," said Randy Frederick, managing director of trading and derivatives for Charles Schwab in Austin. "We are pretty topped out and we should move sideways for a while."
Robust U.S. economic data also helped on Thursday, with a report showing the number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits fell to 266,000 from 269,000 the previous week.
The Dow Jones industrial average .DJI climbed 0.64 percent to end at 18,613.52 and the S&P 500 .SPX gained 0.47 percent to 2,185.79.
The Nasdaq Composite .IXIC added 0.46 percent to 5,228.40.
While the Dow and S&P 500 have hit record highs in tandem in recent years, the Nasdaq went 15 years without hitting a new high before 2015. The Nasdaq surpassed its 2015 record high close last Friday.
In slow trade, about 5.98 billion shares changed hands on U.S. exchanges, compared with the 6.43 billion daily average over the last 20 sessions.
Alibaba (BABA.N) rose 5.08 percent after the Chinese e-commerce company posted a 59 percent jump in quarterly revenue.
Valeant (VRX.N) dropped 10.36 percent after the Wall Street Journal reported that U.S. federal prosecutors had opened a criminal investigation on the drugmaker.
Advancing issues outnumbered declining ones on the NYSE by a 1.63-to-1 ratio; on Nasdaq, a 1.76-to-1 ratio favored advancers.
The S&P 500 posted 34 new 52-week highs and no new lows; the Nasdaq Composite recorded 97 new highs and 29 new lows.
(Additional reporting by Yashaswini Swamynathan in Bengaluru and Caroline Valetkevitch in New York; Editing by Dan Grebler and James Dalgleish)