"The Best of It" documentary questions/review

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Re: "The Best of It" documentary questions/review

you're right because he's the only guy to ever go broke :doh1

guy was a drunk and hooked on anti depressants, not the most stable person in the world.

Relax bud. I was just trying to bring some levity to your take. In the end, it didn't work out. Degeneracy wins in the end.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat

Couldn't find the movie on my box and ended up renting it today. Was really looking forward to this and I only got through half of it and to be brutally honest I didn't think it was that good. No knock on Scott, I thought it was put together well, the music, the inserted clips throughout.....they were great. Storyline was kind of boring though. Hope the 2nd half is better than the first. Dink and his wife very candid. Lem, Shrink and Boston.......just wasn't all that interesting. I liked Lay the favorite better. Let's hope the 2nd half picks up.

Don't disagree too much with this. I guess if I didn't know some of the characters involved, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much.

The fact that an avid reader of the forums over the years knew the background of much of it, added to the intrigue.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Another link that SOME may like. Again, should be free to Amazon Prime members:

https://www.amazon.com/Deep-End-Sha...=Business+Advisor+fantasy+football,+Ed+Miller

Very short - 18 minutes. Worth a watch, if u play Fantasy FB.

There's one player on here that I'd rate at razor-sharp! The author presents some statistics that are not very clear:

* He references 1% of the players winning 91% of the $$.
...2 problems here. 1) Is he talking Gross or Net? 2) I don't think accts for some of the bigger players playing in 1000+ contests per week. Of course those players are going to see a big % of the gross return.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master

Another link that SOME may like. Again, should be free to Amazon Prime members:

https://www.amazon.com/Deep-End-Sha...=Business+Advisor+fantasy+football,+Ed+Miller

Very short - 18 minutes. Worth a watch, if u play Fantasy FB.

There's one player on here that I'd rate at razor-sharp! The author presents some statistics that are not very clear:

* He references 1% of the players winning 91% of the $$.
...2 problems here. 1) Is he talking Gross or Net? 2) I don't think accts for some of the bigger players playing in 1000+ contests per week. Of course those players are going to see a big % of the gross return.
I believe they are playing 1000 of games because a mass majority of these are h2h games for any amount. They simply get into any h2h for as low as $2.

Going to be interesting how dfs works in the next month as there seems to be a new state each week declaring dfs is illegal.

I didnt hit your link but front lines did a nice piece on dfs a while back where they interviews the biggest player that is on top of the leaderboard at rotogrinders that starts with an s. Like salu.....

Anyway the rec guy has zero shot at dfs. If he plays for action....ok. if he thinks he can beat the game absolutely zero chance.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Sporty:

* The film does bring out that point. I don't think their stats are presented in quite the manner they should be.

The implication is the part I don't get. If they're saying the brighter, harder-working player will win over time? OK, what's wrong w/ that?

You mean I can't sign up for Jack Price's play-list and watch the moneybags come in? Same difference.

3CardMonte13

EOG Member

I believe they are playing 1000 of games because a mass majority of these are h2h games for any amount. They simply get into any h2h for as low as $2.

Going to be interesting how dfs works in the next month as there seems to be a new state each week declaring dfs is illegal.

I didnt hit your link but front lines did a nice piece on dfs a while back where they interviews the biggest player that is on top of the leaderboard at rotogrinders that starts with an s. Like salu.....

Anyway the rec guy has zero shot at dfs. If he plays for action....ok. if he thinks he can beat the game absolutely zero chance.

It's actually trending the other way, DFS is getting legalized in many states but the laws are written in ways where only the large, well funded companies will be able to survive. It's killing the small businesses and dragging season long fantasy with it.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Just saw it last night for $1.99 on Amazon.

Rainbow said Shrink got in trouble playing the horses.

Then Dink said he lost a 1/2 million dollar bet on credit that most likely led to suicide.

Good piece. Great editing.

railbird

EOG Master
im not saying this in an anti semetic way, but this movie is about 4 very whiny and negative crybaby jews. its a hard watch unless you are a sports gambler and know 1 of the characters..

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
im not saying this in an anti semetic way, but this movie is about 4 very whiny and negative crybaby jews. its a hard watch unless you are a sports gambler and know 1 of the characters..
Rail, your getting soft in your old age. Now before you go on a anti-semitic rant or statement you front it with "not saying this in an anti-semitic way".
Kinda like when you tell a person "i am not calling you a liar but" then you call him a liar. You are making progress. Baby steps but progress none the less. LOL!

Bushay

NHL Expert
Can watch it on your Bushay Box for free also in the Cinema app. Been available there for over a year or more. Commercial free too.