The EOG Octagon (RAILBIRD v JOHN KELLY)

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Seven pieces on one call:

PLAY #40: 862 Virginia -11 (-110) at Westgate (3/24)

PLAY #41: 865 Iowa +8 (-110) at Westgate (3/24)

PLAY #42: 869 Buffalo +3.5 (-110) at Westgate (3/24)

PLAY #43: 872 Houston -5.5 (-110) at Westgate (3/24)

PLAY #44: 877 Wichita State +7.5 (-110) at Westgate (3/24)

PLAY #45: 609 Longwood +15 (-110) at Westgate (3/25)

PLAY #46: 612 Loyola-Marymount -4 (-110) at Westgate (3/25)

You know you're running hot when you take +7.5 #877 Wichita and the side would have covered at -7.5.

:coffee:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
JK's win on Virginia's cover removes almost all doubt, ends the misery, and cinches the contest win with one more win or Railbird loss (magic # is one).

Edit: Hou cover clinches. Congrats JK.

Last edited:

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Congrats JK....easy-peasy.....

Feb and March never in doubt...

Rail....pay the man his money and give Matt Hatfield my best wishes for a speedy recovery with his health issues....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
ZzyzxRoad is on deck for April.

We will need to set up rules for MLB selections.

"Z" wants to play RHE props and I'm okay with including them in the competition.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
I have never seen an ncaa sweet sixteen with of the teams a 5 seed or lower. There may be some perfect brackets out there. Something I still think is impossible.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Exact same seed numbers are alive this season as in 2009.

1234/1234/1235/123(12)

Last edited:

Bushay

NHL Expert
Early moral to this story seems to be back JK during longer stretches and Rail in the sprints. Well done John. I don’t follow all his matches, but I don’t see many in here beat Rail in h2h matchups. Is it because he falters down the stretch? Or this one just wasn’t in his wheel house?

railbird

EOG Master
Early moral to this story seems to be back JK during longer stretches and Rail in the sprints. Well done John. I don’t follow all his matches, but I don’t see many in here beat Rail in h2h matchups. Is it because he falters down the stretch? Or this one just wasn’t in his wheel house?
JK is a better college basketball handicapper than anybody thinks, that said im currently not railbird, i told jk going into march that he was the chalk because of my physical and mental health issues.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'm now 2-1 lifetime in head-to-head matchups against Birdie.

I only keep track because Birdie knew he was 1-0 against me before our back-to-back meetings in February and March.

An asterisk will appear on the last two showdowns because of Birdie's health issues.

He'll appear in the Octagon again in 2019 when given a clean bill of health.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated
JK is a better college basketball handicapper than anybody thinks, that said im currently not railbird, i told jk going into march that he was the chalk because of my physical and mental health issues.

The poor sport in you just won't allow you to be gracious in defeat will it? If you'd won, you'd be gloating that even sick you're the best. With that said, hope you have a speedy recovery.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
The poor sport in you just won't allow you to be gracious in defeat will it? If you'd won, you'd be gloating that even sick you're the best. With that said, hope you have a speedy recovery.

You hit the nail on the head.....he is never gracious in defeat but this was as close as it comes....get well Matt Hatfield....you too Railbird......