The General & Dirty Are Resigning At The End Of May...

Re: The General & Dirty Are Resigning At The End Of May...

If one would trace it back far enough, assuming this is about money (as most everything is), this is yet another "ripple-effect" of the UIGEA.

Guys,

I will be out for a few hours but I assure you that both The General and Dirty will be here to answer your questions...

THE SHRINK

sl55

EOG Veteran

It's obviously money,this place isn't that busy that you have to replace 2 mods with 4.Shrink got a deal and went for it,it's his site so he can do what he wants.General was a nice guy,but Dirty carried this place.

Nobody agrees with my paycut theory ?

Two resign at the same time, I have to think it's over pay !

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

General & Dirty, I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. You will be sorely missed here. I feel like a member of my family is moving away and I wont get to see them except on holidays.

The new moderators are very deserving of their new positions, all 4 are valuable members of this community.

Hopefully Gen and D will let us all know where they end up.

It's clearly a paycut and/or a protest against Journeyman, likely both,IMO !

sl55

EOG Veteran

It's clearly a paycut and/or a protest against Journeyman, likely both,IMO !

Can't imagine those 2 quitting over jman,but you have a valid point,if this is the case it's a bad trade.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Well I guess that blows the ship right out of the fu*king water.
What are we going to do now? Good luck Chris and Pete!

That's too bad. They're both quitting together? Are they going to start up another venture together???

Woody

EOG Veteran

General and Dirty, good luck guys.

Will Jimmy Hoffa now be allowed to post more than cynical one liners or is he still restricted?

PO69

EOG Master

I am not sure how you would need 4 mods to replace them. I know that you already have hacheman and bucsfan and jman. Are there any more mods that I am missing?

If you have a slow pay?

Cynical one-liners is death.

Friendly chatter is also death.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Have never had the pleasure of meeting Dirty in person, but we have talked countless hours over the last couple of years....you couldnt ask for a better guy, very nice, strong willed, but always fair, and an all around fun guy...I wish him much luck...

Pete, i have had the honor of meeting, and consider a good friend....he will surely be missed in his head mod duties as well...but if the guys say they need a change, and want to pursue other things, its none of my business to ask why, but to accept what they say on face value, and wish them the best....they know i am always here if they need anything, and i truly believe that goes both ways....i doubt the day would ever come where i could ask either of them something, and NOT get the assistance i needed...thats the kind of guys they are......

I welcome our new helpers that are gonna assist around the forum, and we certainly plan to keep offering contests, and any other assistance we can to any of our posters who need it......we cant replace them, but we can certainly try and make the absence as smooth as we can....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

If you have a slow pay?

Cynical one-liners is death.

Friendly chatter is also death.

Shrink will be handling the disputes for now, as far as the "business end" of things, as NO ONE has more connections than he does....

should ANYONE have any problems, feel free to email me at bucsfan67@eog.com or hacheman@eog.com with your info, and we will assist in any way we can.....we are not totally without experience in those matters...and like i said, Ken will be doing the final work on those, so nothing should change there at all

sl55

EOG Veteran

How the hell am I mixed up in this?

:whatever:
They both have made their feelings clear on you,yet less than a couple of weeks ago shrink threw Dirty under the bus in favor of you,so you got your way.Good luck in your future endeavors since you seem to have the boss on your side,you should be able to run rampant with not a worry in the world.

shooterman

EOG Veteran

Good luck to both of you. Thanks for all the help and hard work. I don't think most people can appreciate how grinding a mod job can be. I have always thought that a mod job should be similar to that of a schoolteacher. Give them 2 months off so they can get there brain back together after dealing with the inmates for such an extended period of time.

biggs

EOG Member

have either of the 2 parting mods posted anything today?

i thought pete was a partner in eog???

i guess i thought wrong

good luck guys

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Good luck to both of you. Thanks for all the help and hard work. I don't think most people can appreciate how grinding a mod job can be. I have always thought that a mod job should be similar to that of a schoolteacher. Give them 2 months off so they can get there brain back together after dealing with the inmates for such an extended period of time.

not a bad analogy

How the hell am I mixed up in this?

:whatever:

In this fashion, J.

I Don't think General Pete likes you, maybe I'm wrong ?

Possibly Shrink shrinks Mod pay, and that pushes Pete over the edge... pay lowered and J-Man on the payroll to boot !

It has to be more than coincidence that Dirty and Pete quit at the same time, IMO !

J, you say RX mods work at 1/4 salary.

Dante

EOG Veteran

Is this a late april fools joke... come on now way

Would be kinda neat to wait for General and Dirty to both respond to this thread before more black helicopters and UFO's land in the backyard here

biggs

EOG Member

They both have made their feelings clear on you,yet less than a couple of weeks ago shrink threw Dirty under the bus in favor of you,so you got your way.Good luck in your future endeavors since you seem to have the boss on your side,you should be able to run rampant with not a worry in the world.

can someone post a link to their posts on jman and their objections to having him around

thank you to the kind one that does

Dante

EOG Veteran

I have known General for years and years.... if this is true and not a big late april fools joke..I wish him and dirty the best

biggs

EOG Member

Would be kinda neat to wait for General and Dirty to both respond to this thread before more black helicopters and UFO's land in the backyard here

we know dirty like MOST people doesnt like stiffs...

its always easy to tolerate a stiff in your presence so long as he hasnt stiffed YOU

sl55

EOG Veteran

can someone post a link to their posts on jman and their objections to having him around

thank you to the kind one that does

Don't have the time but I think it goes to J's recent thread on looking back at the rx,not only did shrink throw dirty under the bus for jman,but went from forward to reverse to make sure he was finished.

Life goes on. The owner has made his decision.

Let the J man era begin.

P.S I'm gonna bump this in 12 months.

Journeyman

EOG Master

In this fashion, J.

I Don't think General Pete likes you, maybe I'm wrong ?

Possibly Shrink shrinks Mod pay, and that pushes Pete over the edge... pay lowered and J-Man on the payroll to boot !

It has to be more than coincidence that Dirty and Pete quit at the same time, IMO !

J, you say RX mods work at 1/4 salary.

Doug, I hear you...and I will refrain from any comments pertaining to this matter.

This has NOTHING to do with me though, and if anyone thinks it does they are just dreaming of ways to start shit.

FTR It's no secret we don't like each other....and I'm well aware of the fact I am hated by many on the internet, I won't lose sleep over it, never have never will.

And I stated many times I felt Dirty was a very good poster...I wish him well.

biggs

EOG Member

Don't have the time but I think it goes to J's recent thread on looking back at the rx,not only did shrink throw dirty under the bus for jman,but went from forward to reverse to make sure he was finished.

thanks guy

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

This SUCKS

General is one of the nicest/classiest people out there - met him a few times and if you have a problem with The General it is YOU who has the problem - not Pete

Dirty - don't think i ever met him (At a party from Across the Street?) but we exchange IMs and all - bummer to see him leave as a Mod, too. If you know what kinda CRAP he has put up with in her personal life it is amazing he stays as calm as he does

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Bummer of epic porportions.

Dirty = Don't think I ever planned more outings and endeavors with someone I never met. I will miss your candor and bluntness. But most of all I will miss the way you handle the chuckleheads. Best of luck to you and maybe still one day we will hit a game in ATL.

General = Still hope for a chance to meet as well. What am I going to do without the opportunity to watch the TV stack grow up? I only had to get your help once on a dispute and albeit a small dispute, I admired the way you handled it with promptness. A class act IMO.

FWIW my guess is Dirty is off to a career as a personal fitness trainer and the General will be installing Direct TV and repairing TV's

Carry on Gents. :cheers

Had the pleasure to meet them both at the Bash in Vegas 2 years ago, see them again in the Bahamas, and work with them for some time. Two great guys.

Doesn't feel like I'm actually "saying goodbye" though, as they'll still be right there on my IM screen and the communication likely won't drop off too much.