The HEAT over Celtics are a LIVE DOG......

Heim

EOG Master
Before we get too gung ho on the Heat, who exactly have they beat in the playoffs!?

Boston swept the Eastern Conference favorite, and in 6 beat the former champs.

Remember, these initial send outs are geared for syndicates, not the general publc perception. I think they got it right.

And Williams back for BOS.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
With that said, I'd wait on MIA, if BOS takes one of two early, you can get +260/+300.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Miami will be favored in four of the seven games, yet Boston is the series favorite.

That's the difference between being a 2-point home favorite (Miami) and a five-point home fave (Boston).

Should be good theatre.

Or is it theater?

kane

EOG master
Udoka vs Spo, a great young coach matching wits with the best in the league, should be an interesting chess match between the two

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Udoka vs Spo, a great young coach matching wits with the best in the league, should be an interesting chess match between the two

Indeed.

And behind the scenes, it's Brad Stevens versus Pat Riley in a battle of wily executives.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Before we get too gung ho on the Heat, who exactly have they beat in the playoffs!?

Remember, these initial send outs are geared for syndicates, not the general publc perception. I think they got it right.

they don't make the schedule, they just play it.

without key player khris middleton and without the same sense of urgency as they already won their title LY (fat and happy angle i love betting against).

the majority of this Heat team, made the finals in the bubble 20 mos ago but lost to the Lebron-led Lakers.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
There could be a few ugly games in the high 80's or low 90's in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Game 1 total right now is 206.

It will be interesting to chart the totals as the series plays out.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
they don't make the schedule, they just play it.

without key player khris middleton and without the same sense of urgency as they already won their title LY (fat and happy angle i love betting against).

the majority of this Heat team, made the finals in the bubble 20 mos ago but lost to the Lebron-led Lakers.

I like the sound of that line.

However, teams are sharpened by the strength of their competition.

I think Boston's seven-game series win against the defending champs means more than the Heat's win over the dysfunctional Sixers in six games.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Miami will be favored in four of the seven games, yet Boston is the series favorite.

That's the difference between being a 2-point home favorite (Miami) and a five-point home fave (Boston).

Should be good theatre.

Or is it theater?

a five-point home fave (Boston).

Is That The Line For Game 3 ?

Heim

EOG Master
I would think Marcus Smart is a go based on the limited line movement....

I'd hate to see Pritchard on Jimma....:(

railbird

EOG Master

Should be good theatre.

Or is it theater?
would they be favored in a game 7?

kane

EOG master
The Heat are being underestimated, they're the number one seed for a reason, they have the best coach in the league, and Boston won't get those wide open looks from three like they did against Milwaukee, Miami has the defenders to match up with guys like Tatum and Brown, Jimmy and Tucker are elite defensively, these games should be low scoring, physical, hard fought games, first team to 90 probably wins, I don't know who ends up winning the series, but if you listen to the talking heads the Heat has no chance

boston massacre

EOG Master

Do Celtics Beat Milwaukee, If They Have 20 ppg. Middleton ?

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
The Celtics do get Timelord back, but they'll miss Horford's veteran presence, high IQ player, solid defender even at his age, and can knock down the open three, hopefully he doesn't miss the whole series, but I don't know how long he has to quarantine. Smart is my favorite player, knowing how tough he is, his foot must be in bad shape for him to miss tonight's game, hopefully he's back for game 2

kane

EOG master
Lowry still out for Maimi with a bad hammy, Gabe Vincent has been great replacing him, but beating Atl and Phi is much different than beating Boston, Lowry is expected to return at some point, but with hamstrings you never know

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Celtics do get Timelord back, but they'll miss Horford's veteran presence, high IQ player, solid defender even at his age, and can knock down the open three, hopefully he doesn't miss the whole series, but I don't know how long he has to quarantine. Smart is my favorite player, knowing how tough he is, his foot must be in bad shape for him to miss tonight's game, hopefully he's back for game 2

Lowry still out for Maimi with a bad hammy, Gabe Vincent has been great replacing him, but beating Atl and Phi is much different than beating Boston, Lowry is expected to return at some point, but with hamstrings you never know

Thanks for your insight, KANE.

I know you appreciate both Miami and Boston.

Why the bet on Milwaukee at 3/1 to represent the East in the NBA Finals?

Not being a jerk, but I'm interested in your thought process.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And Jimmy Butler is an Alpha dog.

And Bam is a big, physical man.

And Miami's role players do just enough.

Should be an excellent series.

Boston came disconnected in the third quarter and Miami capitalized.

If the Celtics are to win the series, they need Smart and Horford on the court and they need Jayson Tatum to be a better leader than Jimmy Butler.

That's asking a lot.

kane

EOG master
Why the bet on Milwaukee at 3/1 to represent the East in the NBA Finals?
Nothing too complicated, at the time I simply thought they were the best team in the East, didn't think Bos or Mia would end up being as good as they are, I was one game away from having a chance

ouch

EOG Dedicated
Nothing too complicated, at the time I simply thought they were the best team in the East, didn't think Bos or Mia would end up being as good as they are, I was one game away from having a chance

You were one Khris Middleton injury away from winning the bet.

With him, they are the best team in the East.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here's my summary of game 1

Jimmy Butler is one bad motherfucker

No doubt.

Analytics don't measure swagger.

Everyone seems to be afraid of Jimmy Butler, from the coaches to the players to the referees.

The question to ask about Butler: Will he be tougher on opponents or tougher on his teammates?

He can be surly, at times.

Let's see what happens after a Boston win.

And to think 29 players were selected ahead of Jimmy Butler in the 2011 NBA Draft.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Tucker still complains about every foul.

A Large Majority Of NBA Players Complain On Just About Every Call Against Them.

Tucker Is Part Of A Large Population.

A terrible look for the NBA in an otherwise aesthetically-pleasng television sport.

Respect the call and play to keep the refs out of the game.