The Miguel Cabrera era is done in Detroit (thank goodness)

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I for one am glad to see him be done. This has been a long 5 years or so with Miggy being washed up.

One of the worst contracts in baseball, he's been paid $30 million + per year for the last 7 years.

What would be a double for most healthy hitters is a single for Miggy, only then to see him get doubled off by the next batter.

It was truly a circus side show with him this entire season people celebrating his career, etc.

The bottom line was he never won a championship in Detroit, his teams always came up a little short.

In fact, we haven't even been to the playoffs since 2014.

I was listening to Mike Valenti speak about his thoughts on Cabrera, and I can't agree more with his opinion.

Take a listen, it is pretty good:

This is from the top of his show yesterday: http://eog.mrbowling300.com/miggy.mp3

The video feed:

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
That guy will go down in the history books. He did all he did with a drinking problem. Likely why he fizzled out so bad. Late 30s and drinking, you can't do it. No shot especially in a sport like baseball where you're playing damn near every day and flying across country.

I know he couldnt bring home a world series but neither did the others who were top notch in those days (pitchers you had). You don't need a ring to define a career.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
I for one am glad to see him be done. This has been a long 5 years or so with Miggy being washed up.

One of the worst contracts in baseball, he's been paid $30 million + per year for the last 7 years.

What would be a double for most healthy hitters is a single for Miggy, only then to see him get doubled off by the next batter.

It was truly a circus side show with him this entire season people celebrating his career, etc.

The bottom line was he never won a championship in Detroit, his teams always came up a little short.

In fact, we haven't even been to the playoffs since 2014.

I was listening to Mike Valenti speak about his thoughts on Cabrera, and I can't agree more with his opinion.

Take a listen, it is pretty good:

This is from the top of his show yesterday: http://eog.mrbowling300.com/miggy.mp3

The video feed:

That 2014 Tiger team was crazy. FIVE Cy Young winners on that staff.

Heim

EOG Master
My favorite story of his was in spring training many years ago. He had pulled over to the side of the road, drunk. Fell asleep.

Either the cops were going to ticket him or take him in, I don't remember.

Upon awaking he blurted out....Do you know who i am?

Valuist

EOG Master
My favorite story of his was in spring training many years ago. He had pulled over to the side of the road, drunk. Fell asleep.

Either the cops were going to ticket him or take him in, I don't remember.

Upon awaking he blurted out....Do you know who i am?

This Saturday, I'm going thru the TV flipping back and forth and I stumble upon a show with Ozzy Osbourne and his son Jack. Jack is driving and they are in Texas and get pulled over. The shocked look on the cops face when he realized he had pulled over Ozzy was priceless. Ozzy didn't have to use the Miggy line. Didn't need to. "Just slow down a bit".

railbird

EOG Master
angels had 10 miserable years with Puljos, Fat Artie overpaid him his fellow hispanic, held the team hostage