The one good arena in Southern California

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
My one and only experience in the shit hole Qualcomm was 1998.

Got to see McGwire hit one of his record breaking homers. If memory serves, it was a first inning grand slam. One of two I personally witnessed that season.

The other was at Bank One Ballpark against the DBacks.

Those two home runs did not match up to the batting practice show he put on at the BOB that year. Only guy to ever hit a ball completely out of the stadium.

Watching that ball go out of the open window in left center was one of the most amazing things I have ever witnessed in sports.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
https://longrow.wordpress.com/2010/01/13/far-in-the-distance-mcgwires-first-bp-in-98-at-bob/

"I did not mention Swing #20. That’s because it was special. I like to believe that it was the first and only batted baseball to ever leave the Phoenix ballpark under its own steam from home plate.

McGwire must’ve hit that one perfectly with a slightly upward swing. The ball soared higher and higher into left field and as its trajectory turned downward, it was still flying high above the raised flag to the right of Friday’s Grill. I thought at first it would fly through one of the panels but it didn’t. The ball first hit on top of a steel I-beam before bouncing out the panel. I assume some fan got the ball on Jefferson Street, gave it to a kid and never knew its history."

railbird

EOG Master
Q way better than petco. Locals all like q better, only tourists like petco better. Best hitter of all time play at jack murphy stadium for 20 years. I saw hin hit against greg maddux, ryan, Fernando, mario soto. Gwynn would hit .400 against cy young winners. Trout and harper hit sub .200 vs top 10 pitchers

blueline

EOG Master
I liked Dodger Stadium quite a bit but I haven't been there since Derek Lee was a Cub.Heard its gone downhill a lot.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I've never been to Dodger Stadium but one hears people raving about it. What don't you like about Dodger Stadium?
Dodger Stadium was immaculate the few times I was there (it’s been a long time ago). The Big A had the feel of a mall. Nice but didn’t stand out. Qualcomm was ok,cavernous best describes it. I haven’t been to petco yet.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Anaheim Stadium was on my beer route when I worked for Straub Distributing back then....78-79...
I had all kegs delivered to the stadium and all were fork lifted off....my job was to hook them up...met many ball players during that time....

railbird

EOG Master
Anaheim Stadium was on my beer route when I worked for Straub Distributing back then....78-79...
I had all kegs delivered to the stadium and all were fork lifted off....my job was to hook them up...met many ball players during that time....
thats when you could root for angels, had rod carew disco don ford, tanana, carney lansford, joe rudy. Fregosi did pitching changes while smoking a cigarette

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
thats when you could root for angels, had rod carew disco don ford, tanana, carney lansford, joe rudy. Fregosi did pitching changes while smoking a cigarette

You forgot Nolan Ryan and Brian Downing.....was on the field when they clinched the pennant against the Royals.....Reggie Jackson and Don Baylor were also there....

railbird

EOG Master
I was never a nolan ryan fan, i liked mark clear and bruce kison, gene autry a great owner, Disney and moreno are terrible